7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Maybe don't rush the game and do those bosses when you're 3-5 levels lower than the area? When I join public groups, there's constantly idiots doing that shit and dying 50 times on easy bosses like Dominus/Malachai. Of course they die constantly when they are 5 levels lower than the area and have 50% of the life of most people in the group.
    Never, ever, join public games in any game without knowing you will be carrying others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Man...I still got some shit to figure out with my build.

I'm almost where I want to be, 7K+ hp (with a bit of shield), largely tanky enough to not get one shot anymore, HoP/Dom Blow minions wreck shit pretty hard.

But now I'm struggling to keep them up during Sirus and shit, which is proving super annoying. Still got a few upgrades to get for myself, but may need to ditch a bit of damage or personal health to keep my minions alive longer. But we'll see if the tweaks I made (more minion life/leach and they're temporarily immune to dmg when summoned) help, but I fear I may be hitting the soft cap on the build barring some 10ex+ purchases.

In other news, my brother made a meme reckoning glad. But he's doing Delirium jewels in his build and while he's got less mitigation/life than my glad on standard (and his reckoning damage sucks), his cyclone hits like a damn truck and he's almost passively block capped.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...I still got some shit to figure out with my build.

I'm almost where I want to be, 7K+ hp (with a bit of shield), largely tanky enough to not get one shot anymore, HoP/Dom Blow minions wreck shit pretty hard.

But now I'm struggling to keep them up during Sirus and shit, which is proving super annoying. Still got a few upgrades to get for myself, but may need to ditch a bit of damage or personal health to keep my minions alive longer. But we'll see if the tweaks I made (more minion life/leach and they're temporarily immune to dmg when summoned) help, but I fear I may be hitting the soft cap on the build barring some 10ex+ purchases.

In other news, my brother made a meme reckoning glad. But he's doing Delirium jewels in his build and while he's got less mitigation/life than my glad on standard (and his reckoning damage sucks), his cyclone hits like a damn truck and he's almost passively block capped.
    Back when I ran dom/hop, was using a writhing jar for quick kills. I'm sure you probably have 1 or 2 but just in case I figured I'd mention it.
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Back when I ran dom/hop, was using a writhing jar for quick kills. I'm sure you probably have 1 or 2 but just in case I figured I'd mention it.
    Yeah I've got one. Trying to get to a point where I don't need it, but for now it's definitely a must to kickstart my minions.

Toyed around with the idea of turning the character into a full HoP character with a wand to summon those dudes from range and hook up to a 6L...not sure if I can make that work in the slightest, and kinda don't want to invest enough to find out.

Oh well, sold my The Demon for like 13ex (though I'd get more) so I've got some currency for a few big purchases. Prob picking up the proper mana reserve/minion damage HoP ring and grabbing a helm with the +1 sentinel of purity enchant. Now I kinda wanna mess around with HoP in my 6L and swapping my Dom to my helm. My HoP minions each do like 100K shaper dps according to PoB, so adding in two more links and another one of them should be super chunky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah I've got one. Trying to get to a point where I don't need it, but for now it's definitely a must to kickstart my minions.

Toyed around with the idea of turning the character into a full HoP character with a wand to summon those dudes from range and hook up to a 6L...not sure if I can make that work in the slightest, and kinda don't want to invest enough to find out.

Oh well, sold my The Demon for like 13ex (though I'd get more) so I've got some currency for a few big purchases. Prob picking up the proper mana reserve/minion damage HoP ring and grabbing a helm with the +1 sentinel of purity enchant. Now I kinda wanna mess around with HoP in my 6L and swapping my Dom to my helm. My HoP minions each do like 100K shaper dps according to PoB, so adding in two more links and another one of them should be super chunky.
    I'm getting HoP mobs to spawn using one of the cluster gems with bleed on it.

My second character is going to use dom and Chober Chaber. It's a 6link 2 hander that's just made for dom. It's cheap and the prophecy to upgrade it is cheap as well. Been wanting to play around and try it out and I think it's going to be super effective.

Oh shit...went deep PoB and I think I can get a huge buff outta my minions.

Was gonna swap to the +1 sentinel helm enchant, and got a decent roll on one, but after getting the 40% reduction ring (with life on hit, yay!) I'm realizing I can 6L my HoP dudes and have the mana for running a 50% aura without enlighten...

Gotta do some gem swaps and level up brutality/pride (switching from hatred to pride), but according to PoB it somehow still manages to boost my Dom Blow dudes damage (still about 40K per) despite going to a 4L from a 6L, and with Pride at 26 (+2 from shield, +4 from empower which gets the shield bonus as well) and generosity my sentinels are sitting at around 250k PoB shaper DPS each, and I've got 5 of them. I don't think that factors in impale, which if I move to a pure phys build like this should be CHUNKY as hell - 70K-100K damage base attacks and sentinel slam hits for 140K-200K...god damn.

Now I've just gotta level up gems for it. Mostly built though I'm still hoping to squeeze a bit more life/mitigation outta this, hopefully with some chaos res. Sitting just under 7K life with res cap and 2% chaos res, which ain't bad, and 40% mitigation (52% with endurance charges). Hoping I can get another 10-15% mitigation and once I get another level that should get me at 7K hp or so.

Big thing is just trying to figure out a jewel to use. Using a pretty good one now - % minion dmg, % life and a bit of ES on hit which is nice, but I feel like I could invest big for something better. Shame I don't think I can make use of any watchers eyes since the aura mods would only affect me and not my minions, because some of the pride gems would be fucking huge.

If this works as well as I think it may work, I might look into some awakened gems and shit.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-03-30 at 10:59 PM.

Damn, I just want to get back to playing, over 48 hours now with no internet, and still no eta on a fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Herald/Aura Guardian getting a nerf.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2815906

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Herald/Aura Guardian getting a nerf.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2815906
    You mean people will stop being able to ignore every mechanic of this game? Like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...exile_sirus_8/

I'd say nothing of value was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You mean people will stop being able to ignore every mechanic of this game? Like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...exile_sirus_8/

I'd say nothing of value was lost.
    And yet Headhunter still exists.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Worlds of difference.

This thing was multiplicative with headhunter and any other item that counted as an "aura", which is what they're fixing, hope you guys sold solstice vigils when they were 35ex. You can still stack other auras and be OP until the end of the season, get 500% value of haste, zealotry, discipline, hatred, etc. etc. This build will still cruise through content but maybe without item abuse like basically all the items that jumped in price, black cane, flow untethered, etc. Nebulis will still be good when you have 200+ surplus resists from purities auras.

Not remotely the same.

HH only works in maps and stuff like Legion encounters, really. Know what it's completely useless on? Bosses like Sirus or Uber Elder. It has its drawbacks, and given its rarity is working just fine.

This was abusing mechanics that weren't working properly due to GGG making earlier mistakes and wasn't dependent on circumstances like HH is for its power. This was needed, and I'm glad they did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me clearing through my first Delirium Orb Map: Hmm, I wonder how you actually collect the loot, since there's no timer now...

Also me, in the same map: Wow, there really is a lot of loot dropping this map. RNGesus must be smiling on me.

I am not a clever person.

Side note: This build is just as insane at mapping as I expected.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Side note: This build is just as insane at mapping as I expected.
    What build? Sorry if I missed it, posts have been pretty fast.
    BAD WOLF

After almost 4 days no internet i can finally get back into it lol, we'll see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    What build? Sorry if I missed it, posts have been pretty fast.
    This Cyclone/Reckoning build, it was mentioned a while back and I MEANT to link it in that post, but forgot the all important "Linking the build" part...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    This Cyclone/Reckoning build, it was mentioned a while back and I MEANT to link it in that post, but forgot the all important "Linking the build" part...
    Is it the one where you make mobs kill themselves, sorta like dumb melee on a balance druid in PvP with thorns?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2622675
    BAD WOLF

i hit a doctor a nurse and a demon in like 5 maps

currently chilling in about 65ex of flat currency.

Getting closer to my HH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Is it the one where you make mobs kill themselves, sorta like dumb melee on a balance druid in PvP with thorns?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2622675
    That's the one, yes. Literally just killed a T2 map boss AFK XD. Honestly not sure I'll ever be able to play another build, after this...