Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No, they actually don't.

There's no reason to remove rewards once a form of content stops being "current", otherwise nothing before BfA would provide rewards. Glory achievs? No rewards since they aren't current. Old reputation rewards? Not relevant, no reward.

Content being current or not isn't a reason to remove a reward, simple as that.
    There is a reason, it is not a good reason marketing-wise, this is the difference. It doesn't matter how many times you write that bolded part, it still doesn't make it true. Prestige rewards and achievements should be time-locked in order to keep them relevant. They aren't (and in the long term, it's probably better for the game), that's why they are meaningless when the tier is over. Now you can completely enjoy collecting prestige-less stuff if you wish, but that's not a reason to take out what others people got when it was current just because you didn't play back then or you weren't good enough. A very large majority of rewards aren't timelocked anyway and those who are are very easy to get anyway. And if you're not able to that means maybe you don't deserve them (which is a very difficult concept to grasp for the average WoW player, I agree).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    if the content is brought back with scaling so people have to put the same effort in to get them as they did fifteen years ago then why does it matter that they're available?
    Will never happen. You can't recreate what was new 15 years ago, you can't go back 15 years ago only by scaling and reintroducing all spells / trees / balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So, the new leveling feature Chromie Time let me think ... what if Blizzard releases the classic zones and old Naxxramas via Chromie Time? They have the client via Classic anyways ^.^ - could even make it a timewalking event or something and make it scale to max level instead of optional leveling content?
    Nah. We got "WoW: Classic" for the classic zones and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Will never happen. You can't recreate what was new 15 years ago, you can't go back 15 years ago only by scaling and reintroducing all spells / trees / balance.
    WoW: Classic is living proof of that. People went on about how hard the vanilla raids were, back in the day, and now, after the game was re-released, the vanilla raid instances were basically on farm status already, barely two weeks after their launch.

No, they actually don't.

There's no reason to remove rewards once a form of content stops being "current", otherwise nothing before BfA would provide rewards. Glory achievs? No rewards since they aren't current. Old reputation rewards? Not relevant, no reward.

You can say whatever you want, but Blizzard disagrees with you. Those items are not coming back.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason, it is not a good reason marketing-wise, this is the difference. It doesn't matter how many times you write that bolded part, it still doesn't make it true.
    I don't need to write it down. It is true, which is why most people participating in this thread are ok with OP's suggestion.

But nah, let's suggest game design that caters to "lol prestige" which manifests as something called Fear of Missing Out. I'm sure it will work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You can say whatever you want, but Blizzard disagrees with you. Those items are not coming back.
    For now.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of a cosmetic reward then ? The very point of a cosmetic reward (or what is now a cosmetic reward since we're not using Vanilla or BC gear anymore) is to show off. And what's wrong with that ? People like to show off, that's the very reason there are SO MANY cosmetics and collectibles in game right now. If people weren't about showing off we would be in a game with 2 mounts per race, only PvP titles aaaaand probably no tmog.
    Nope, please stop to generalize. Not everyone cares about the "exclusivity" of something, but the look. It's not about showing off, and I couldn't care less what other people have, or how rare something is, aslong as I like the appearance of it.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason, it is not a good reason marketing-wise, this is the difference. It doesn't matter how many times you write that bolded part, it still doesn't make it true. Prestige rewards and achievements should be time-locked in order to keep them relevant. They aren't (and in the long term, it's probably better for the game), that's why they are meaningless when the tier is over. Now you can completely enjoy collecting prestige-less stuff if you wish, but that's not a reason to take out what others people got when it was current just because you didn't play back then or you weren't good enough. A very large majority of rewards aren't timelocked anyway and those who are are very easy to get anyway. And if you're not able to that means maybe you don't deserve them (which is a very difficult concept to grasp for the average WoW player, I agree).

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you talk about "prestige rewards". Nothing from classic was a prestige reward, most people farmed stuff with bc (or wotlk in case of benediction/scarab lord etc) and it was never adverticed as "prestige limited time stuff" like seasonal achievements nowdays. There is literally 0 reason to lock out classic content from current WoW (imo).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Not interested unless naxx drops the original gear.

Not really? We have actual Classic for that. I prefer the Cataclysm leveling. That Classic was the only way to access that now-removed content was one of the main reasons I was willing to support it, for the sake of others who missed out on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Atiesh and Corrupted Ashbringer both deserve their limited status.
    Corrupted Ashbringer is by far a no given that ever Ret Paladin can run around with Ashbringer currently.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

So, the new leveling feature Chromie Time let me think ... what if Blizzard releases the classic zones and old Naxxramas via Chromie Time? They have the client via Classic anyways ^.^ - could even make it a timewalking event or something and make it scale to max level instead of optional leveling content?
    We have actual, legitimate, official Classic servers now.

Why would you even need this? If you wanna play that it is there for you to play. It's technically "free" next to your retail account.

Edit: You even say it yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    We have actual, legitimate, official Classic servers now.

Why would you even need this? If you wanna play that it is there for you to play. It's technically "free" next to your retail account.

Edit: You even say it yourself.
    Because currently, you can't get rewards from classic for your main account.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame that Blizzard agrees with the fact that Naxxramas items should be exclusive.
    Brb, time to go to the Black Market Auction House.
    That's what I call my time machine with which I go back in time to earn T3.

So an event where it'll take me into a version of a zone that takes me 2 hours to go up a level?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Nah. We got "WoW: Classic" for the classic zones and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW: Classic is living proof of that. People went on about how hard the vanilla raids were, back in the day, and now, after the game was re-released, the vanilla raid instances were basically on farm status already, barely two weeks after their launch.
    Maybe there were two or three weirdos saying that, but you guys have way overblown the “difficulty” issue. Very, very few people ever said vanilla raids were more mechanically difficult. When people appealed to vanillas difficulty, they were almost always referring to time investments.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

No, they actually don't.

Agree 100%. Same goes for mage tower, new players can't ever hope to get those unique rewards. As someone who got them all I would actually prefer for them to be doable. Lets say downscaled for ilvl. More they remove such thing the less is there for new players.

Nope, please stop to generalize. Not everyone cares about the "exclusivity" of something, but the look. It's not about showing off, and I couldn't care less what other people have, or how rare something is, aslong as I like the appearance of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you talk about "prestige rewards". Nothing from classic was a prestige reward, most people farmed stuff with bc (or wotlk in case of benediction/scarab lord etc) and it was never adverticed as "prestige limited time stuff" like seasonal achievements nowdays. There is literally 0 reason to lock out classic content from current WoW (imo).
    You could not get scarab lord in Wrath (besides the last open servers and even then people put in a lot more work). All I read from people like you "I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want . . ."

If they had a way to implement Classic back into Retail, I think implementing it as optional 1-50 leveling content once the new leveling squish is done would be great.

For the duration of Classic Timewalking, having the dungeons and a raid available to do for Timewalking gear would be great.

If I had a choice of end-game raid for Classic Timewalking I would choose Onyxia because it's short and sweet, but they already did Molten Core all that while back so I would probably just expect to see Molten Core again. And there's also kind of the weirdness that Onyxia and Naxx were brought back during Wrath... which Molten Core doesn't suffer from.

People may suffer from a bit of fatigue with Onyxia and Naxx... is what I would say, but Wrath was a long time ago. And people have done Molten Core a lot in Classic recently so may be more willing to go back into Naxx at this point, and the cross-promotion potential of Naxx releasing for Timewalking and Classic at the same time might be good.

That said, I think Molten Core is probably the best long-term answer as it is the most distinguishing Classic-exclusive content barring maybe Ahn'Qiraj with C'thun - which is also kind of relevant now, with the recent defeat of another Old God, especially in the current end-content patch. At the same time, people may be sick of Old Gods before long (especially if Shadowlands is being delayed). So yeah, maybe Molten Core is the best bet.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Agree 100%. Same goes for mage tower, new players can't ever hope to get those unique rewards. As someone who got them all I would actually prefer for them to be doable. Lets say downscaled for ilvl. More they remove such thing the less is there for new players.
    Hell yes. Almost every game I've played still remains it's content and rewards, yet some modern ones keeps removing stuff in the name of "Prestige" - it's just Fear of Missing Out, which helps when you have a subscription.

I have all the Mage Tower appearances too and it's fucked up to see a new player asking for a skin only to be told that Blizzard removed it. The new players don't feel good at all.

I'm just here to agree that time-locked rewards should be done away with. Bring it ALL back. I'm all for skill being required for certain rewards, as the idea of prestige through player skill has merit, but time-locked rewards are, and always have been, arbitrary. This is especially true for gear, mounts, pets, most titles, and, really, anything cosmetic.

The one exception might be certain titles. Famed Slayers and Gladiator titles, for example, show time-specific prestige. I could live with those.

On Topic: I'm all for Chromie Time: Classic, too, for the above reason. Let people play the game like they want to and collect what they want to.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    You could not get scarab lord in Wrath (besides the last open servers and even then people put in a lot more work). All I read from people like you "I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want . . ."
    Late TBC/Early Wrath Scarab Lords are a sham, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    As long is naxx wont reward gear and cosmetics to preserve its value than sure.
    You do realize the most "rewarding" gear from there is the T3 and you can buy those on the BMAH, right?

This mentality of "let's remove things for prestige" is the dumbest idea. There is absolutely no reason to remove anything from the game. Maybe decrease drop rate for certain items, but still.

You wouldn't want a developer to start removing items from your games you bought years ago just so certain people feel special and prestigious would you? This is essentially the same.