Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    China has 0 new case in the last 2 weeks.
    I predict, 100 years from now, China is called Holy Land.
    Chairman Xi saved Humanity in 2020.
    Unless China is going to change their way of markets and eating animals they will have the whole world pissed at them, hopefully a war is not going to break out.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Is China still open to foreign travelers? I'm sick of the situation here and would like to move to a safe haven like China. Their healthcare system and leadership in handling this whole crisis have been nothing but phenomenal.
    Dude you are so face palm. Do you love the CCP because they fudge the numbers? Can live in fantasy land saying the virus is going away because they stop reporting it. Yeah can see why you'd wanna move to China to get away from doom sayers. Aka people with a grip on reality

10+ Year Old Account
    How long do you predict the CCP would last?
    In its current form? Probably not 100 years.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Dude you are so face palm. Do you love the CCP because they fudge the numbers? Can live in fantasy land saying the virus is going away because they stop reporting it. Yeah can see why you'd wanna move to China to get away from doom sayers. Aka people with a grip on reality
    My dude! Ahem!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Testing is of course important, but it's just testing after all. Not going to directly save lives per se; helps to slow down the spreading though.

The reality is that everyone who is not immune to the virus will get it sooner or later, it's that contagious and widespread. There is no stopping​ it anymore.
    I am not a big fan of testing everyone, i would go with those who actually need it first. I would also be more interested in a test if i already had it or not.
    Another thing, if you get tested and declared "not infected", wouldn't that send a wrong message to some acting a big more freely?

Anyway has to be a whole framework around this, because testing random people and telling them they are not infected is really not helping the big picture.

I would argue for people who need it like risk groups first, but i am biased as i have had lung issues before that mimic part of the corona virus symptoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is China still open to foreign travelers? I'm sick of the situation here and would like to move to a safe haven like China. Their healthcare system and leadership in handling this whole crisis have been nothing but phenomenal.
    i can't even....what is this? what am i reading?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I mean, schools are all shut down. One explanation thus comes readily to mind.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It's fucking over guys. Now already at 52k with almost 4hours to go. Looks like our hopes of flattening the curve early is gone.
    Multiple people told you this was going to happen. Douchbaggery aside, flatten the curve means just that. Its going to go from climbing fucking steeply to climbing slightly less fucking steeply. Over time the plan / aspiration / hope is to get it towards where it flattens, ie no new infections. It's simply not possible for it to go from a vertical wall to a dead level floor overnight, or even over a few days. It will happen over weeks and those weeks are probably towards the middle of April.

And thats only Europe and North America. Africa / South America / India have crises looming that makes what is happening in the USA look trivial in comparison. India has a population 4 times the size of the USA and mass migration out of the big cities is happening as we speak because they've shut down. If this gets out of control in India its going to be biblical and heartbreaking.

Thats why I think people are so angry at you. I can't speak for others but I get the impression you are kinda wiping your brow thinking "phew", its under control. This is going to get far worse and however long you think its going to persist, its going to be longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Shh... don't discourage him. I think he had an excellent idea and should be encouraged to act on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Shh... don't discourage him. I think he had an excellent idea and should be encouraged to act on it.
    #naturalselection

How much do you get paid for your schilling?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    How much do you get paid for your schilling?
    10 kuai per schilling

Serious or Joking?
    China doesn't allow tourists.
    However, if you want to invest millions of dollars, you can get in.
    Of course, if you have millions, you wouldn't waste your life on this website.

Alabama said they aren't going to release any more numbers to the public. Mini China Mecca.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Alabama said they aren't going to release any more numbers to the public. Mini China Mecca.
    Source for this? I haven't seen anything like that.

Well, if you ignore more than a thousand cases the last two weeks. Most but not all; were imported cases.

And depending on who you trust China currently has 30-40 cases per day, or 100 per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so unfortunate as I suffer with hay fever and asthma and thats bad news with the peak of spring around the corner. On top of that I have anxiety attacks due to my general anxiety...

I knew I should have invested in a bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am so unfortunate as I suffer with hay fever and asthma and thats bad news with the peak of spring around the corner. On top of that I have anxiety attacks due to my general anxiety...

I knew I should have invested in a bunker.
    Please stay home and stay safe

10+ Year Old Account
    Spain's second set of numbers have come in for the day, so final daily totals:

Cases: +7846
    Deaths: +913

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I was merely expressing optimism that the growth rate of infections are beginning to slow down as indicated by figures in the past few days and you guys rage at me and call me names for that. You think that's fair?
    Entirely, yes.

You're changing the narrative because you weren't just expressing optimism, you were attacking people that were more realistic. It's important for many reasons to be clear eyed and honest about where we are and where we are going with this, otherwise you're on the level of people that drink bleach to prevent ifection.

Honestly, you're using the Trump playbook with his statements like "easter was an aspirational goal". Y'know, an adult would have at some stage admitted they badly misread this, I can see you haven't reached that stage in development yet. That and you're a blatant troll "lol me move to China!"

Regardless, I'm done with you. Good luck with your move to China. You'll be safe from infection and we'll be safe from your posting. Win win.