Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Entirely, yes.

You're changing the narrative because you weren't just expressing optimism, you were attacking people that were more realistic. It's important for many reasons to be clear eyed and honest about where we are and where we are going with this, otherwise you're on the level of people that drink bleach to prevent ifection.

Honestly, you're using the Trump playbook with his statements like "easter was an aspirational goal". Y'know, an adult would have at some stage admitted they badly misread this, I can see you haven't reached that stage in development yet. That and you're a blatant troll "lol me move to China!"

Regardless, I'm done with you. Good luck with your move to China. You'll be safe from infection and we'll be safe from your posting. Win win.

Just quote my post where I was posting unrealistic expectations ey? It's all doom or broke for you ey? No room for middle room. Optimism not allowed. "Fuck if you're feeling optimism you're a trumpster" LMAO fml. And you doom mongers were the ones to resort to name callings first get that straight.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-03-30 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feds suggests lockdown till May 1st. Virginia extends to June because people wouldn't stay off the beach. I would say it's deserved if not for the thousands of others who have to suffer because people can't get fresh air in front of their place. No you have to gather.

It makes no sense to me at this point, it's inexcusable after New York is facing what it's facing. A lot of those people got hit without much warning or trying to hunker down. Sadly it was damn near impossible to avoid once it hit public transit there.

People in areas with enough warning and space want to temp fate. Why? Why gamble the rest of your life for a beach (or whatever) that will be there afterwards. Want to go to the beach? Pull up the beach on YouTube/Spotify, but a towel on your lawn, stoop, chill.

I heard some of the best DJs sets of my life at home over the past week. Yeah there are things you miss out on by not being 'there' but there's also perks too. People need to chill. Life will be there but the longer people mess around the longer we have to wait to go back out. The larger the chance of 'normalcy' slipping away.

If anything respect the lives of the doctors who might have to care for you if you get sick. Stay the fuck home.

And please stop being PPEs if you're home safe. My place is having a time securing gloves. We'll gladly forgo gloves if it means more for the hospitals.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Source for this? I haven't seen anything like that.
    Saw this from someone earlier in the thread

https://www.wkrg.com/health/coronavi...th-the-public/

edit - I did just do a google search and that post is old, they are doing updates on cases just not hospitalizations. Nearing 1000 cases in Alabama
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-03-30 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh, May 1st? I was hoping I could go visit my parents before then, especially since my stimulus check will be mailed to their place cause that's where I lived previously last year.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Just quote my post where I was posting unrealistic expectations ey? It's all doom or broke for you ey? No room for middle room. Optimism not allowed. "Fuck if you're feeling optimism you're a trumpster" LMAO fml. And you doom mongers were the ones to resort to name callings first get that straight.
    I already took care of that, thanks.

Meanwhile, you still haven't backed up your claim of be doomsday preaching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    edit - I did just do a google search and that post is old, they are doing updates on cases just not hospitalizations. Nearing 1000 cases in Alabama
    That article only specified Mobile County, also, not the whole state of Alabama. And yes, just hospitalizations.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Well, americans, that happens if you have no working health care system.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have great health care.
    Have you been tested for Corona?

Quote Originally Posted by Shnark View Post
    I have great health care.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only hope that all the supermarket unions use this pandemic as leverage in their next contract negotiations (the same for hospital workers andtruckers). This is a damn fine example of showing just how important their jobs can be at times.

I already took care of that, thanks.

Meanwhile, you still haven't backed up your claim of be doomsday preaching.
    So when did I post unrealistic expectations? Did I ever say that the virus would just vanish overnight like he slandered? You were making a molehill out of a previous 600 decline in cases while deliberately ignoring recent slowing down of growth rate so how is that not preaching pessimism?

So when did I post unrealistic expectations? Did I ever say that the virus would just vanish overnight like he slandered? You were making a molehill out of a previous 600 decline in cases while deliberately ignoring recent slowing down of growth rate so how is that not preaching pessimism?
    When you were basing it off of a single data point, as I pointed out from other instances where they were outliers.

You. Are. Welcome.

Where did I post doomsday preaching?

Imagine thinking one days data was enough to warrant a stance on either side. Please stop trolling the thread with your dramatic non sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm. The US has a CFR of 1.8% so far. Italy's at 11.4, Spain's at 8.77%, the UK's at 6.4%, and the list goes on and on.

What country do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Erm. The US has a CFR of 1.8%
    What does cost and freight have to do with the health care system?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Maybe the coronavirus scandal will lead to a nuclear war between USA and China.

Fallout becomes real.
    At least that would mean Europe would't the main field of battle, unlike in the Cold War.
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2020-03-30 at 10:30 PM.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

When you were basing it off of a single data point, as I pointed out from other instances where they were outliers.

You. Are. Welcome.

Where did I post doomsday preaching?
    How is it an outlier when daily growth rate has been slowing down in recent days? You chose to ignore that and use an insignificant 600 decline example to illustrate that. How is that not doom-mongering. And you still haven't explained why did you hint that I have an agenda for merely feeling optimism.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does cost and freight have to do with the health care system?
    What does cost and freight have to do with my post?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    What does cost and freight have to do with my post?
    You talked about CFR. That is an abbreviation for cost and freight.

You talked about CFR. That is abbreviation for cost and freight.
    Case fatality rate in this context obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamushi View Post
    Case fatality rate in this context obviously.
    Oh that. We are on the start of the pandemic. I think millions will die in america.