Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    Look like you missed some challenges, you end up with 2 or 3 extra batteries that you have nothing to use and a bunch of suit points, even weapon points
    ah the challenges, of course.

Thanks!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Wow, MMOChamp is the only place I've seen that actually has mixed opinions about the music. Shouldn't surprise me, honestly.
    To be fair most of the "mixed" opinions arent actual opinions... they are just depressed and trying to trigger other people to make themselves feel better.

Its a dead giveaway of such behaviour when someone tries to describe what a person looks like based on the music they listen to.
    I mean according to them Mick Gordon should look like dimmu borgir or cradle of filth but he looks nothing like them... he doesnt even wear leather or any crazy outfits.

The music is badass and amazing, no question about that. And when you listen to it with a good headset you can hear how much detail there is... detail that doesnt exist in most songs simply because composing a soundtrack for a game or a movie is obviously nothing like making a "regular" song which are most likely played live.

The metal choir was something noone has done before either... atleast not on this caliber.

all the metalheads, defending soundtrack - good luck with hearing aids and neurogenesis therapy, when you fuck up your cochlea and nervous system overloading them

loud music is a bad habit like cigarettes or alcohol: it feels kinda fun, but it's always bad for you

i've been there, music is supposed to help you relax, not hurt yourself
    most guitarists get a ringing in the ears, that's unfixable without hard core treatment (cold showers, dry fasting, low doses magic mushrooms)

will you be able to take cold showers every morning just to have silence in your head?
    if not - doesn't worth listening to shitty music
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2020-03-31 at 09:52 AM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    all the metalheads, defending soundtrack - good luck with hearing aids and neurogenesis therapy, when you fuck up your cochlea and nervous system overloading them

loud music is a bad habit like cigarettes or alcohol: it feels kinda fun, but it's always bad for you

most guitarists get a ringing in the ears, that's unfixable without hard core treatment (cold showers, dry fasting, low doses magic mushrooms)

will you be able to take cold showers every morning just to have silence in your head?
    You do know volume settings exist, right?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Pour one out for our man iosdeveloper. He lives in a barren and destitute world in which he has to pretend that volume settings don't exist, just so he can justify his terminally shit taste a bit better. Help us support him; for just one dollar a month, i will remind him regularly of what an idiot he is. Your contribution matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was fun. Played through on Ultra-Violence, found every item and did everything, completed all the bonus stuff for the first two weeks for the XP/skins, PvP sucks and isn't worth it in my opinion. Found the difficulty appropriate on Ultra-Violence. The Ripatorium after you finish the game is insane... A Tyrant, Marauder, Arch Vile, and other super heavies with usual complement of fodder all at the same time.

If you're curious, you should end up with an extra 8 weapon points, 14 suit points and 4 batteries if you open every door and upgrade every weapon/suit opinion.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-03-31 at 10:29 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You mean the roundy-spinny-thingy?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post

Wow, the varying amount of assumptions in this post is staggering. Do you think every person who likes Metal listens at max volume regardless of surroundings? B/c that is what it seems you think, that or you think people that like Metal or Hard Rock are just smooth brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You mean the roundy-spinny-thingy?
    Round-spinny-thingy, squarish-slidey-thingy or even pressy-thingy. I know it might be confusing with all these forms but I believe he can do it!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    Wow, the varying amount of assumptions in this post is staggering. Do you think every person who likes Metal listens at max volume regardless of surroundings? B/c that is what it seems you think, that or you think people that like Metal or Hard Rock are just smooth brains.
    I've heard wankers who listen to rap music at such ear bleedingly loud volumes that the music can be heard loud and clear outside their headphones, or their vehicles. I like to crank my music up, but at least some of us use our brains and moderate the volume so that other people don't have to hear the stuff we are listening to.

I think the soundtrack is one of the most vital aspects to the Doom series. It's always been metal, even the old games were digitized metal. If you were to play the old tracks on an electric guitar, it would be metal. Mick Gordon kinda goes a different route when incorporating the electronic music aspect. It kinda reminds me of Nine Inch Nails approach to music, lots of trippy synth work blended with really heavy guitar playing and drums. It works in its own way.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2020-04-01 at 08:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cool game, but i would really love to know who came up with the Marauder Demon as an enemy O.o He works for a boss fight, but having him be a normal enemy just does not work. I feel like every time i meet him, i have to step out of the game, slow completly down and do some wierd dance game.

And just in generel, there are some wierd enemies in this game compared to that it is supposed to be a quick, energetic run-and-gunner.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Cool game, but i would really love to know who came up with the Marauder Demon as an enemy O.o He works for a boss fight, but having him be a normal enemy just does not work. I feel like every time i meet him, i have to step out of the game, slow completly down and do some wierd dance game.

And just in generel, there are some wierd enemies in this game compared to that it is supposed to be a quick, energetic run-and-gunner.
    People grossly overthink marauder who in reality is one of easiest enemies in the game. Just do this (at 17:30)

People grossly overthink marauder who in reality is one of easiest enemies in the game. Just do this (at 17:30)
    The Marauder is a "Can you play Doom" check.
    Easy for good players,but he'll punish the rest

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    It's not even a matter of difficulty its the fact that when he shows up you have to drop everything and focus on him which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't require to literally rethink how you play only for that one encounter.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The only people who should be worried about that then are the kinds of bloggers posing as games journalists who suck ass at video games. Anyone who is familiar with the series, shouldn't have a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's not even a matter of difficulty its the fact that when he shows up you have to drop everything and focus on him which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't require to literally rethink how you play only for that one encounter.
    But he really doesn't. He clearly is supposed to be enemy you either save for last and keep him at long range where he can't really hurt you, or freeze other demons that chase you and use that window to quickly deal with him.

I feel like alot of people just gets intimidated by the fact that he is immune to super weapons/cooldowns and think of him as some insane threat.

7+ Year Old Account
    It matters little if other people find him easy, he completly ruins my enjoyment of the game.

Like, i could understand if he just had the shield and his 3 attacks(melee, shotgun and beamstrike), but that he teleports around completly randomly and can summon a wolf in fights, makes him just frustrating to fight "non-perfectly" against.

In my head, DOOM is about explosive movement, yet the Marauder forces you to stand still and face an opponent for a rather long time, and if you try to ignore him, he just wrecks your shit on pretty much any diffculty.

Edit: And just to reinforce, it is not because he is hard. He is just as hard as the other super-heavys, but that he is just not fun to play against, since hes so anti-DOOM.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2020-04-02 at 05:34 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

But he really doesn't. He clearly is supposed to be enemy you either save for last and keep him at long range where he can't really hurt you, or freeze other demons that chase you and use that window to quickly deal with him.

I feel like alot of people just gets intimidated by the fact that he is immune to super weapons/cooldowns and think of him as some insane threat.
    More like depending on the arena and other enemies present he can either be stupid easy or frustratingly hard. He adds an unneeded complication to what is already a needlessly complicated game. Yes once you get used to him he isn't too bad but it doesn't change the fact that the game would be instantly improved if you removed him from the game. Maybe keep him for a one-off boss fight but other than that players don't wanna deal with him.

Focusing on him right off the bat is the worst move you can make. You would literally being a WoW mob attacking the tank over the DPS. For all his dashing bluster the Marauder isn't that mobile and you have several ways of outrunning him, you definitely should save him for last. The dog can be an annoyance, but he's also free armor once you master the super shotty.

Only change I'd make to the Marauder is make the Blood Punch lower his shield for a few seconds, and the Crucible remove it entirely, so you can be more proactive about dealing with him. But in terms of forcing you to change your tactics, I'd argue the Arch-Vile is worse.

He adds an unneeded complication to what is already a needlessly complicated game.
    The game is definitely not needlessly complicated.It's the exact kind of complication Doomers and Quake fans wanted.If you don't want complicated stuff in your shooters,you're not the target audience for Id Software's games