Poll: Which is better?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Imagine people who gives a zero fuck about TBC (since it was never popular in private server scene anyway) are being dragged into it by force. Topkek
    TBC never caught on in the private server scene because they're almost all extremely buggy and far from 'blizzlike'. Nobody has an accurate enough recreation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Literally doesnt matter. The whole point of TBC is early patches, which Classic TBC will not recreate.
    Please share with us the crystal ball you use to divine this information, otherwise you're just assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    TBC never caught on in the private server scene because they're almost all extremely buggy and far from 'blizzlike'. Nobody has an accurate enough recreation.

- - - Updated - - -

Please share with us the crystal ball you use to divine this information, otherwise you're just assuming.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_VlPJn3qM
    check this out

Most people will advance to TBC. With those who remain behind, those servers will have to be merged to handle such a massive decrease in Classic Only players.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Is that why vanilla private servers were way more popular than private TBC servers?
    I have no data on Private servers and how they operate, correlation does not imply causation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I have no data on Private servers and how they operate, correlation does not imply causation.
    That's not what "correlation does not imply causation" means. If someone says that more players want to play TBC than vanilla, it is reasonable to appeal to a situation where players were given that option and clearly chose vanilla.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Don't do BC servers is obviously the best answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Create a toon at level 58 is most logical, and let's all Classic players keep their characters and stay on their Classic Realms while BC players don't have to level all the way from 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Don't do BC servers is obviously the best answer.
    Are you the same person who said the same thing about classic? Because you sound just like that guy

The one thing I don't want is to level all over again from level 1 when they launch TBC. I honestly can't even believe that was one of the options included in the poll.

Hard pass on TBC servers in general. Bad enough Activision...I mean Blizzard came out with classic servers.

Hell yeah, can't wait for TBC!
    Classic was fun, it was nostalgic and really fun to play the only expansion that I missed to play when it was new...
    However... I play tanks of all classes and classic SUCKED BIG TIME to play tank, most boring, horrendous shit ever lol...
    TBC won't be night and day...but it sure has a lot of quality of life fixes for tanks.

But if they force me to level 1-60 AGAIN, no way in hell i'll even consider TBC... has to be "classic stays but you can copy to new tbc server"!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    The one thing I don't want is to level all over again from level 1 when they launch TBC. I honestly can't even believe that was one of the options included in the poll.
    I agree. The existing servers should obviously transition over to TBC just like they did the first time around. The only ones who should be forced to level again would be the ones who refuse to play TBC, they can release a new bunch of Classic servers some time after TBC release.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I agree. The existing servers should obviously transition over to TBC just like they did the first time around. The only ones who should be forced to level again would be the ones who refuse to play TBC, they can release a new bunch of Classic servers some time after TBC release.
    That's what I'd like to see transpire. They didn't wipe everyone's characters out when we transitioned from Vanilla to TBC so I don't understand blizzard's logic including that in their poll.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    why cant copying over to identical server be a thing but u can only copy once per character, what would be the problem with that
    Okay, I'll explain it to you.
    1. Move all your gold, resources (consumes, materials, BoE items etc.) on to the character that you want to copy to a realm and then copy your character.
    2. Once you've copied the first character you send all the gold, resources (consumes, materials, BoE items etc.) to the second character you want to copy and copy it.
    3. Once you've copied the second character you send all gold, resources (consumes, materials, BoE items etc.) to the third character you want to copy and copy it.
    4. ...start to get it? Basically you can double your gold from Classic realms every time you copy a character, think it's 10 character slots in Classic. So if you have 2000 gold by the time TBC starts you can end up with 20.000 gold, it basically makes the economy crazy. Oh, you could also just delete level 1 bank alts and keep copying new alts over and over for endless gold in this way, it just isn't possible to make character copies work- it has to be transfers.

"Oh, but just make it so you can only copy one character per TBC realm."
    ...no, I have multiple characters that I use to farm, disenchant, craft items with CD and so on. I have hundreds of hours of time and effort into them and I would be pissed off if all of that was lost.

There's literally only one manner to do this.
    People who want to stay on Vanilla realms, stay on vanilla realms.
    People who want to go to TBC realms go to TBC realms with their characters in a one way transfer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I mean if all of Vanilla content is done, sure. But lots of people will still be attatched to their characters so they shouldn't be taken away from those who only want to play classic, there's a reason why tens of thousands of people have played private Vanilla servers for years.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2020-03-30 at 11:26 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    People who want to go to TBC realms go to TBC realms with their characters in a one way transfer.
    Even transfers won't protect you from this, it would prevent you from "duping" but that's really just a small fix.
    If any option that involves not creating a new character will be the chosen option, it needs very heavy restrictions on Gold and on the inventory in general.

Anything else will cause a massive inflation from the start, which is obviously a bad thing for an expansion like TBC where outdoor farming (=limited resources) is very much a thing.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-03-30 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Anything else will cause a massive inflation from the start, which is obviously a bad thing for an expansion like TBC where outdoor farming (=limited resources) is very much a thing.
    It's not like people started fresh from vanilla to tbc...... There will always be inflation compared to a total reset but that will never happen, so whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    No, there are literally countless ways to do this, its just that you prefer one way. Please dont confuse your personal preference with an absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    It's not like people started fresh from vanilla to tbc...... There will always be inflation compared to a total reset but that will never happen, so whats your point?
    There are quite a few people sitting on piles of gold in Classic, because there are no goldsinks to spend it on (leaving aside the fact that some of them abused early Layering to get it in the first place).
    Once TBC comes out, they can completely dominate the market from Day 0 on basically anything.

So, if crafting materials like Primal Fire costs a ton of gold (because only those AH Moguls from Classic can afford it), anyone will be left with farming them in extremely overcrowded spots, which obviously won't work.

In other words, a big chunk of the profession aspect of TBC (which is significant) will be closed off for most people, simply because they are stuck between overcrowded farmspots and an extremely overpriced AH.

Not to mention that it will affect Classic servers.
    If Blizzard just allows everybody to take their gold from Classic to TBC, a lot of people will keep that in mind while playing classic from the day of the announcement.
    People will buy less consumables, people will buy less crafting materials, people will attempt to make as much as gold as possible in preperation for TBC.

Blizzard said before Classic that there won't be any overlap in terms of Transmog or mounts that you've earned in Classic becoming available on retail, because they want people playing for Classic, not for anything else.
    If that happens, there will be people that are going to play Classic in order to have an advantage once TBC comes out.
    If it's just gear (or vanity stuff such as ZG mounts) which doesn't affect other people directly, that's something one can live with, but gold is a different story, because anyone who hasn't played Vanilla (or hasn't farmed thousand of golds in advance) will be extremely hurt by this decision.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whole new servers for BC to screw over the no-lifers that farm gold in Classic. If it was clear that this would happen, they would go into overdrive farming absolutely everything everyday to get ready to destroy BC's economy the first day and it will be cancer to level/play in with these clowns around. Copying characters aggravates this as those people can take turns loaning each other gold cap (assuming for some reason they don't have it) to everyone they know and copying those characters as much as possible. Even if you can do it once, every single character copied over will be gold capped- broke people will gather together and take turns pooling gold and copying it, as a raid if nothing else. Gold will mean absolutely nothing. Even if you can only transfer rather than copy a character, the goldcapped kids will just transfer over multiple characters and flood the economy. Everyone else will bot/nolife every spawn the same as they do now with the cancerous tag-stealing system that goes on now. It is asking for terrible failure.

The only viable option is to just make BC servers fresh entirely and you have to start from scratch or, at absolute most, let you transfer one character with a low cap of 100g and that's it but that seems very limited. Again, there has to be safeguards to the experience or people will shit it up massively. I'd rather level from level 1 if it means avoiding this whole farce.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

My top option, let me make a carbon copy of my vanilla classic character and push him to Classic TBC leaving the original on Classic Vanilla. Second option, which I'd be perfectly fine with, start a level 1 and keep the classics completely separate. By the time Classic TBC rolls out I'd assume all that will be left is the one raid session for Naxx 40 each week.