Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize the most "rewarding" gear from there is the T3 and you can buy those on the BMAH, right?

This mentality of "let's remove things for prestige" is the dumbest idea. There is absolutely no reason to remove anything from the game. Maybe decrease drop rate for certain items, but still.

You wouldn't want a developer to start removing items from your games you bought years ago just so certain people feel special and prestigious would you? This is essentially the same.
    If you didn't give a shit 11.5 years back or not play at all, why should you have it? I got my T3 from original Naxx, never cared about the BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    If you didn't give a shit 11.5 years back or not play at all, why should you have it? I got my T3 from original Naxx, never cared about the BMAH.
    You do realize maybe people had it back then but had to get rid of it because of other storage issues and stuff? Same goes for greens, boe's, craftables, etc. There is absolutely no reason to remove anything from the game. I go back to my original example. Removing stuff from WoW is like removing things from games you bought and played. What would you do if they remove say Level 2 of Super Mario Bros. 1 in the name of prestige? The list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize maybe people had it back then but had to get rid of it because of other storage issues and stuff? Same goes for greens, boe's, craftables, etc. There is absolutely no reason to remove anything from the game. I go back to my original example. Removing stuff from WoW is like removing things from games you bought and played. What would you do if they remove say Level 2 of Super Mario Bros. 1 in the name of prestige? The list goes on.
    Just contact a GM for restoring those items. They have the database for that. Others have gotten way more exotic items from 10years ago that way.

Just contact a GM for restoring those items. They have the database for that. Others have gotten way more exotic items from 10years ago that way.
    I've done that. The GM's "claim" they don't have a database on that. I even asked them out the Tier 0/0.5 items since you had to turn in a quest for it and I didn't get them in the migration. For example I did the entire set on my paladin for Lorewalker. They said can't restore it there's no record. Sad part is, we know it's not the truth considering Asmongold had it happen on stream.

I also had a Chromatic Sword (before it dropped again) or something (I'd have to check my tickets) in my guild bank that vanished and GM's couldn't figure out where it went and refused to restore it too.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-03-30 at 07:40 PM.

Anyway, speaking of keeping challenges around after their relevant expansion. I kind of agree. Thinking more specifically of stuff like MoP and WoD challenge modes and Mage Tower.

The rewards and challenges that come with them are cool, and it's a shame they just got removed when Blizzard could probably introduce player templates that characters are forced into so that the challenge always remains equal. With that kind of system, it would never get any easier to obtain those items and it would arguably be more prestigious than getting, say, MoP CM gear, was at the tail end of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    How so? Most people got both durring TbC when it was faceroll. If naxx would have been removed with tbc launch maybe. But now its just a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Most didnt get them when it was current tho @Philomene
    Corrupted Ashbringer still had a low drop chance in TBC, and Atiesh took quite a while to get together.

Very few accounts have those items. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Corrupted Ashbringer still had a low drop chance in TBC, and Atiesh took quite a while to get together.

Very few accounts have those items. Period.
    What are this for arguments?

So they are rare because they are removed and have no meanign behind them? Nice reason to limit them

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    What's the point of a cosmetic reward then ? The very point of a cosmetic reward (or what is now a cosmetic reward since we're not using Vanilla or BC gear anymore) is to show off. And what's wrong with that ? People like to show off, that's the very reason there are SO MANY cosmetics and collectibles in game right now. If people weren't about showing off we would be in a game with 2 mounts per race, only PvP titles aaaaand probably no tmog.
    What a sad way of thinking. So art is all about showing off to you? Ever thought that art is supposed to be something YOU enjoy for yourself? Get over your ego and need to be constantly superior to other humans. That just goes to show the opposite, you know?

OT: Would love a Classic zone Chromie time option mainly for one reason: to be able to revist the old zones pre-Cata changes in current WoW. I really miss Old Hillsbrad Foothills.

And for the second topic about time-limited cosmetics... seriously fuck that already. I have Mage Tower skins for classes and specs I can't even play. Your prestige means nothing, it was piss easy to get. You simply were lucky to be playing during that period. Not everyone had that. Stop trying to protect your tiny prestige, it is non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    What are this for arguments?

So they are rare because they are removed and have no meanign behind them? Nice reason to limit them
    The 2-hander with the most lore in the game has no meaning?

Or Medivh's (and Khadgar's) staff has no meaning?

You can obtain Corrupted Ashbringer as an artifact appearance. Be content with that.

The 2-hander with the most lore in the game has no meaning?

Or Medivh's (and Khadgar's) staff has no meaning?

You can obtain Corrupted Ashbringer as an artifact appearance. Be content with that.
    You know you still have provided no reason for removing them other than "I [or others] want to feel special. Bringing them back makes [me not feel/them] not special." Neither is an argument or reasoning at all. It's essentially the snowflake syndrome where if you [or others] want to feel that special and unique for no reason other than to just say you can. Just because they have in-game meaning or there is somewhat a variant doesn't change it either. If that was the case let's removed every named weapon from the game so everyone can be special. Gorehow from Karazhan? Removed. Mounts from each boss? Removed. Class armor? Removed. I mean if you weren't blessed with RNG during it's availability why should you have it? I mean if you can't get lucky farming it for ~52 weeks during an expansion you clearly aren't special enough to have it. The list of dumb reasons is endless.

As I mentioned earlier, removing stuff from WoW is like removing things from games you bought and played. What would you do if they remove say Level 2 of Super Mario Bros. 1 in the name of prestige? The list goes on.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-03-31 at 07:34 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I probably wouldn't go through half of the content becuase the classic zones are tedious as -fuck- but yes, yes I would like that somehow.

Shadowlands should've included Classic Dungeon TW, maybe 4-5 to start. But no, that kind of makes sense for everyone involved: players, Blizzard and its something good for the longevity of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    ...A lot of players wearing a 1800 "elite" (lmao) set...
    I also giggled!!

To add to other people's points on this - I was told I couldn't get my T3 back either. Transmog obviously wasn't a thing when we all sharded this stuff. BMAH isn't a viable option for 99.99% of the playerbase that doesn't walk around at gold cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    if the content is brought back with scaling so people have to put the same effort in to get them as they did fifteen years ago then why does it matter that they're available?
    There is absolutely no way that scaling would ever require the same effort as the content did 15 years ago.

Spells were different. Talent trees were a thing. Gear wasn't itemized well. Set bonuses on multiple tanks were required for 4HM.

Plus, if they brought ANYTHING back from the dead, I'd overwhelmingly prefer it to be mage tower!

Why not?

The most options to make leveling less boring, the better. But, at first place, they must to get rid of all alt unfriendlyness they brought in BfA
    Sorry for my english!

5+ Year Old Account
    So you want me to hang out in the uglier zones with worse class design and progression? The worst of both worlds? Thanks, but no thanks.

I am pretty sure they said that adding Corrupted Ashbringer to loot tables was a huge mistake on their part, so I doubt that one is coming back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So you want me to hang out in the uglier zones with worse class design and progression? The worst of both worlds? Thanks, but no thanks.
    You would have both access to Classic and Cataclysm thanks to Chromie Time :X

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    There is absolutely no way that scaling would ever require the same effort as the content did 15 years ago.

Spells were different. Talent trees were a thing. Gear wasn't itemized well. Set bonuses on multiple tanks were required for 4HM.

Plus, if they brought ANYTHING back from the dead, I'd overwhelmingly prefer it to be mage tower!
    they can't get it exactly the same without the same circumstances, true. but they can make adjustments in order to get the overall difficulty to be comparable to the original

and they should definitely bring back the mage tower too. they should bring back all deleted content. Battle of Undercity, old dungeons (keeping the new versions in too though), scenarios... more options for things to do is never a bad thing

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atiesh and Corrupted Ashbringer both deserve their limited status.
    Literally nobody cares. You know what people comment on? It's not my Naxx mogs, it's not my Mythic raid gear, it's not my unobtainable title, it's a mount that I got 15 years ago in a PUG. I was in a group last week with a guy with Corrupted Ashbringer, and I was in my naxx mog, and nobody gave a fuck about either. The amount of people that would even use a low res Corrupted Ashbringer model is probably minuscule. The Wrath version of the T3 sets looks much better than the originals.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest