Poll: Which is better?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, there are literally countless ways to do this, its just that you prefer one way. Please dont confuse your personal preference with an absolute.
    Okay then, tell me your idea on how a character copy system can work without breaking the TBC economy, peoples work/investment (collectables, gold etc.) and most importantly: character attatchment.

"Copy characters but delete all gold and items."
    Thanks... so now I lost my furbolg suit, eye of sulfuras (haven't completed it yet) and 1+ year worth of carefully building up my gold.

"Okay, copy characters and delete all gold but keep soulbound items."
    Okay, so to keep my gold I have to buy hundreds of green or blue weapons and make them soulbound and load them into 10 characters and banks before I copy characters so I can get my gold back by vendoring them on TBC realms.

Character copies NEVER WORK for many reasons, it has to be transfers. But since you claim that there's "literally countless ways to do this" ...give me an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    The only viable option is to just make BC servers fresh entirely and you have to start from scratch or, at absolute most, let you transfer one character with a low cap of 100g and that's it but that seems very limited. Again, there has to be safeguards to the experience or people will shit it up massively. I'd rather level from level 1 if it means avoiding this whole farce.
    What if I load up my character with crafting materials, rare BoEs worth hundreds or thousands of gold before I copy it?
    What if my alt(s) are important to me and I play them as much as my main characters (or more) because my main is a healer which is poor for farming gold? You'd be punishing alt players, healers and others if you limit copies at 1.
    It might be okay for you to level from fresh again but that might not be the case for the thousands of guilds who worked to get their guild Thunderfury, Aetish or other rare items. What if you got one of the super rare mounts or items that you feel really proud of? Nah, just scrap it all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not to mention that it will affect Classic servers.
    If Blizzard just allows everybody to take their gold from Classic to TBC, a lot of people will keep that in mind while playing classic from the day of the announcement.
    People will buy less consumables, people will buy less crafting materials, people will attempt to make as much as gold as possible in preperation for TBC.
    So exactly what people did in Vanilla when TBC was announced? Good, players who save or invest should be rewarded. If your guild doesn't plan to go TBC and your players start skipping consumables, enchants and so on ...guess what, you're free to not invite them to your raids.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

Character copies NEVER WORK for many reasons, it has to be transfers. But since you claim that there's "literally countless ways to do this" ...give me an example.
    The survey Blizzard released listed multiple examples........

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The survey Blizzard released listed multiple examples........
    I'm fully aware...
    1. Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.
    2. Start a brand new character from level 58 on a new Burning Crusade server.
    3. Start a brand new character from Level 1 on a new Burning Crusade server.
    4. Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server that will never progress past level 60, with the option to transfer to a Burning Crusade server.
    Option 1 and 4 works perfectly fine, in those Blizzard specifically say transfer and not copy ...I wonder why?
    Option 2 and 3 kills investment you had in characters (sentimental, time or otherwise), which in my opinion is a big no go.

If you want to play Vanilla with your character(s), do that.
    If you want to play TBC with your character(s), do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only way it works to make everyone happy is keeping classic servers and you can copy over (not transfer) your character onto TBC

So exactly what people did in Vanilla when TBC was announced? Good, players who save or invest should be rewarded. If your guild doesn't plan to go TBC and your players start skipping consumables, enchants and so on ...guess what, you're free to not invite them to your raids.
    I plainly disagree on that count.
    This is not 2006 anymore, information is far more accessible and widespread than back then.

It's not just going to affect your guild, it's going to affect your gold farming strats, simply hoping that it somehow evens out and doesn't affect people who just want to play Classic is not a wise gamble.
    Even "rooting out" those people is a unnecessary burden on guilds, at a point where recruiting is already getting more difficult.

Making a clean cut as far as economy is concerned benefits the majority, the people who want to enjoy classic, the people who want to enjoy TBC, people who want to enjoy both.
    The only people not benefitting here would be the minority who already has earned tens of thousands of gold, which are just a few people who then go on and have the power to cause huge harm to the TBC economy and thus, player experience.

Blizzard said that you should play Classic for Classic and not anything else, i don't want to start to play Classic now for something that's not even officially announced, nor should people be "rewarded" for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Only way it works to make everyone happy is keeping classic servers and you can copy over (not transfer) your character onto TBC
    You must be new around here...........earth i mean, you must be new to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Making a clean cut as far as economy is concerned benefits the majority, the people who want to enjoy classic, the people who want to enjoy TBC, people who want to enjoy both.
    That I agree with, but how do you do that?
    - Limit gold which is transfered with your character? Fine, I'll just buy BoE items and materials which I can sell on the Auction House.
    - Ok, BoE items aren't transfered with your character? Fine, I'll buy green and/or blue weapons and make them soulbound to me and then vendor them for gold.
    - ...ok, fresh characters at level 1 or 58. So our guild lose our Aetish staff and 2 thunderfuries which we likely would've used for a few raids? Iconic items like Sulfuras, mounts, furbolg staff (quest item), Linkens quest chain items and all the rest just gets wiped out? Nothing we did for the past however months actually matters? That's fun.

Character copies is a no go for me, for economic reasons. Limiting the amount of gold you can transfer with is a valid option but that doesn't stop people from transfering alts with remaining gold. And no, limiting character transfers to 1 isn't a good option either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    ...and how would you deal with the economic impact of character copies?
    Lets say you have 300g on your Classic account, what then stops you from copying your character 5 times, 10 times, 100 times so you have unlimited gold and resources?
    "Okay, 1 copy per account." ...so now I lose my alt(s) who I play and invest as much time into as I do my main?

What about some servers that classic people can transfer too and there also be new players if they wish, and then a server that's completely fresh start, have options.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I want both options, like copy to TBC (ONCE) but you keep your 60 character on classic :P.

Voted other.
    Then you should have voted for the second choice, because that's what COPY means. Otherwise it would say move.

I mean if all of Vanilla content is done, sure. But lots of people will still be attatched to their characters so they shouldn't be taken away from those who only want to play classic, there's a reason why tens of thousands of people have played private Vanilla servers for years.
    That's exactly what happened 15 years ago. Replicating that would be the most close to #nochanges that I can think of so that's what I believe should happen again.

I feel like it comes down to a basic question of "Should a player's effort in Classic be carried over to tBC" and there is no right answer, unfortunately. I'm certain most players that farmed and earned their gear in Classic would want to carry it over. IMHO, I see nothing wrong with a fresh server start in tBC just like there was a fresh start in Classic. As to the whole starting at 1 or 58, either could work IMO. If Blizzard wants more people in tBC, they will start the servers at 58 as many won't even want to attempt another 1-58 journey.

W/e they decide on, I hope that Classic servers stay for those who want to continue in Vanilla content.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Better come with a gold reset, or newcomers will be forever screwed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Better come with a gold reset , or newcomers will be forever screwed.
    This is the only way (moreover, by "gold" I don't mean money here, but metaphorical meaning of "full", everything in BC starts from square one). In fact, otherwise population of BE and draenei will have their beginning being long lonely way, that'd be stupid. Ie literally - separate the sheep from the goats: Classic and BC servers without any connection to each other... and we'll see if they learned at least some lessons from previous launch
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-03-31 at 07:06 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    ]

...and how would you deal with the economic impact of character copies?
    Lets say you have 300g on your Classic account, what then stops you from copying your character 5 times, 10 times, 100 times so you have unlimited gold and resources?
    "Okay, 1 copy per account." ...so now I lose my alt(s) who I play and invest as much time into as I do my main?
    Character can only copy once and there's a cool down period. On top of that there's a cap on the amount you can bring over as well as the character needing to be a certain level let's say somewhere between 40-60 where the time investment required is far greater than the easier gold you would make just leveling in BC

15+ Year Old Account
    People wishing, hoping and praying and running away with the Classic+ fan-fiction idea is so hilariously embarrassing. It reminds me of children wanting to make random changes to Christmas just so it'll result in getting them more presents, like seriously, it's borderline delusional. Blizzard, within the realm of technicality, are trying to focus on THINGS THEY'VE DONE BEFORE. Classic+ is so far outside the realm of "things they've done before" that it doesn't even make sense to propose.

If you want Classic+ just make your own MMO, basically, that would make more sense at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    People wishing, hoping and praying and running away with the Classic+ fan-fiction idea is so hilariously embarrassing. It reminds me of children wanting to make random changes to Christmas just so it'll result in getting them more presents, like seriously, it's borderline delusional. Blizzard, within the realm of technicality, are trying to focus on THINGS THEY'VE DONE BEFORE. Classic+ is so far outside the realm of "things they've done before" that it doesn't even make sense to propose.

If you want Classic+ just make your own MMO, basically, that would make more sense at this point.
    Yeah fucking people wanting great stuff!

OnT: I'd rather start at lvl 58 on all brand new characters with gold for epic mount than having the economy ruined.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to level up again anymore in Vanilla. I have been through this tedious experience three times in Classic WoW with 3 toons, if I keep leveling up it will be my 60s in Outland right away or a lvl 58 boosted char on a fresh TBC server. IMO server transfers is the best idea, Classic servers will be dead realms once TBC releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fresh start, everyone gets a single-use level 58 character boost with professions.

Game launches in a pre-patch state so everyone can get used to their new character or level up from scratch if they so choose.

The old world is updated as it was by the end of TBC. Dustwallow has it’s quests, exp required to hit 60 is reduced, you get your first mount at level 30, not 40.

Not too bothered if the end game is pre or post nerf. I just hope ret paladins are viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Better come with a gold reset, or newcomers will be forever screwed.
    Nobody is going to be “forever screwed”. You guys are being so whiny and dramatic about this economy thing. The classic economies are fine, and the idea that if you basically move a segment of those economies to TBC NOBODY WILL EVER RECOVER is an insane, baseless idea.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady