Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm kind of surprised by people surprised its getting a mixed bag reaction. I think in hindsight we kind of blend 2 and 3 together from back in the day but RE3 at the time was an experimental asset flip that leaned way more into action than locked doors and puzzles and those changes i think aren't surprising to me that they are mixed since Monster Hunter is really the closest to action Capcom has pulled off well for a long, long time.

The Nemesis however is something i expected to be a bummer. They made Mr.X the Nemesis we knew mechanically so i've been pretty worried they would try to one up it and make him go from stressful, ever present threat to annoying. But i gotta see it for myself to judge.

RE3 was basically just an expansion of RE2. This was always the case and I'm not sure what the pcgamer review expected. There was no ground to break with an RE3 remake, it was just something to do for the fans. Most reviews are giving it around an 8/10 which is how the original reviewed as well. That's pretty telling that it's faithfully remade.

So guys, I played the demo and it seemed fun until this tyrant-ish thing showed its boring mug. Does this resident evil 3 have a 'tyrant' which you can't kill but constantly follows you throughout the game, like in 2?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

To be honest I am ok with them not making Nemesis like Mr.X. Mr. X was the worst part of the RE2 Remake. Yeah, it was interesting at first but he quickly becomes annoying and totally killed the pacing. I don't understand these people who wanted to deal with that kind of nonsense again.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    So guys, I played the demo and it seemed fun until this tyrant-ish thing showed its boring mug. Does this resident evil 3 have a 'tyrant' which you can't kill but constantly follows you throughout the game, like in 2?
    It's... literally the name of the game: Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's... literally the name of the game: Nemesis.
    And I should know that "Nemesis" referred to that big lug, why?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Because:

- The word Nemesis means archenemy.
    - He's been a bigger feature in any promotional material for this game than Jill.
    - He's one of the more recognizable faces of the franchise, more so than most of the protagonists.

Nemesis isn't a copy of Mr. X. Mr. X in the remake was a copy of the original Nemesis. And this Nemesis is supposed to be a much bigger threat than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Got a 58 from pc gamer https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-3-remake-review/

A disappointing step back for the series they say.

After the imaginative, tradition-defying Resident Evil 7, and the sublimely polished, playable Resident Evil 2, this is a massive leap backwards for the series. The Nemesis is wasted—a bit player in its own game, neutered by its chronic lack of purpose. There are barely any puzzles and you're rarely given the chance to wander off the beaten path.

Will still get the game as i loved RE 2 remake and think i will enjoy part 3 too still, perhaps just not as much though.

The original was one of the weakest of the series in my opinion. That guy sounds like he never played it

After the imaginative, tradition-defying Resident Evil 7, and the sublimely polished, playable Resident Evil 2, this is a massive leap backwards for the series. The Nemesis is wasted—a bit player in its own game, neutered by its chronic lack of purpose. There are barely any puzzles and you're rarely given the chance to wander off the beaten path.

Will still get the game as i loved RE 2 remake and think i will enjoy part 3 too still, perhaps just not as much though.
    So like how RE3 was back in the day...I mean though Nemesis is super beloved as a character RE3 was always just...that other game. I mean that's why this remake came out so quickly after 2 because...like 2 it was an asset flip "Hey this is happening close to when 3 happened! Hey look its Jill remember Her? NEMESIS!!"

I think we are also seeing well..Wow bad expansion syndrome...3 was just considered meh at launch...so in gamers mind the worst in the series...now that 5 and 6 and the spinoffs are in our head.."Oh hey its good!" and now we have a remake and its like "oh right its meh"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm moreso surprised that anyone over the age of 15 doesn't know who Nemesis is.

No idea if it's good or not, but it's sitting on an 80 at metacritic, with IGN alone giving the game a 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    But, man, I don't want to say it but I hate the new Nemesis design and voice.
    Same here. Why they ruined (IMO at least) such an iconic design is beyond me. He looks like he is wrapped in trash bags, he's literally covered in caution stickers (no shit Sherlock), and his teeth look like a mouthful of old witches' fingernails or something. And don't even get me started on his nose.

The original design was iconic and just infinitely scarier IMO.

Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-31 at 11:45 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Same here. Why they ruined such an iconic design (IMO at least) is beyond me. He looks like he is wrapped in trash bags, he's literally covered in caution stickers (no shit, Sherlock), and his teeth look like a mouthful of old witches' fingernails or something.

And don't even get me started on his nose.
    Only thing bugs me is the plastic bags and teeth. I like his face and nose since it shows more that he is distorted through rapid growth from a human, which he is. Rather than stitched together.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Only thing bugs me is the plastic bags and teeth. I like his face and nose since it shows more that he is distorted through rapid growth from a human, which he is. Rather than stitched together.

Hey, to each their own!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Because:

- The word Nemesis means archenemy.
    - He's been a bigger feature in any promotional material for this game than Jill.
    - He's one of the more recognizable faces of the franchise, more so than most of the protagonists.

Nemesis isn't a copy of Mr. X. Mr. X in the remake was a copy of the original Nemesis. And this Nemesis is supposed to be a much bigger threat than that.
    - A tough antagonist can be anything or anyone
    - Haven't seen any promotion material beside this thread
    - I'm not familiar with the franchise

Now you know why I didn't know this lame feature was part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I'm moreso surprised that anyone over the age of 15 doesn't know who Nemesis is.
    Never played the original series besides Code Veronica on the Dreamcast.

- A tough antagonist can be anything or anyone
    - Haven't seen any promotion material beside this thread
    - I'm not familiar with the franchise

Now you know why I didn't know this lame feature was part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Never played the original series besides Code Veronica on the Dreamcast.
    I mean, they've all been out for like 40 years so it's pretty common knowledge and an easy thing to look up.

Everyone who is saying "well the original was an expansion to 2" needs to then accept that this game is way overpriced for what's on offer.

Not to mention the fact that they should have taken this time to actually improve it so that it's more distinct. As it stands, the areas, enemies and combat looks nearly identical to 2 without any of the charm.

The game was internally outsourced to other teams "Development was handled by Capcom and its subsidiary K2 Inc with assistance from Kiyohiko Sakata's REDWORKS Inc. and M-Two, the latter founded by former PlatinumGames CEO Tatsuya Minami."

So, its quality could be a symptom of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    RE3 was basically just an expansion of RE2. This was always the case and I'm not sure what the pcgamer review expected. There was no ground to break with an RE3 remake, it was just something to do for the fans. Most reviews are giving it around an 8/10 which is how the original reviewed as well. That's pretty telling that it's faithfully remade.
    No, just no. Please don't feel you need to justify why you like the game because someone said it's not good.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-03-31 at 02:11 PM.

haha just got my pre-order code from the site i ordered RE3 from and yet no hide nor sausage of any preparation of game dispatch XD should've been the other way around no? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, just no. Please don't feel you need to justify why you like the game because someone said it's not good.
    You should read a post and attempt to comprehend it before replying to it. If you think the original RE3 was some ground breaking masterpiece that the remake does a disservice to you're wrong, sorry. I could give a fuck less about RE3, it's where the series starting going crazy and by Code Veronica is fully flew the coup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Everyone who is saying "well the original was an expansion to 2" needs to then accept that this game is way overpriced for what's on offer.
    What do you mean what's on offer? You mean amount of content in the game? Cause I did all the content I cared about in RE2 remake in a grand total of just over 8 hours, and that includes 2 full playthroughs lmfao. If I cared about such a stupid metric, that game too would of been overpriced at $60. Lastly if you care so much about price nobody gives a shit, buy the game on black friday for $15 because that's what RE2 costed this past one. This ain't fucking Nintendo, Capcom's game prices drop like a rock, or the rock you know fast and furious.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-31 at 02:52 PM.