Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+, another raid tier and maybe more content around garrisons. Nevertheless, WoD was much better than BfA IMHO.

capital cities for each faction

while leveling you establish small outpost in each zone, then only at max level you pick a zone for the garrison to to be the HQ for your forces

most garrison build out is now max level content

flag alts as a follower to use in your garrison, can't be played if flagged as follower but can be leveled/geared via missions

flying from the start with NPCs/mobs that can pull you down or attack you

Mix of dailies and WQs

feel more cut off from azeroth, most troops would be locals to WoD, no portal scene bringing in the troops after the portal's destruction.
    --consider limiting number of times you can port from WoD to azeroth and back.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Then it would be Legion that would be monstrously shat on like BFA right now... It's allways been like that and it allways be
    Not if Legion had then added some good features on top of that. BFA is being shat on because it added features like Azerite gear, Warfronts, Islands Expeditions, Corruption etc. which are all shit. No good feature was added in BFA. On top of that BFA has added a lot of systems which just makes the life of the players worse. Systems which work against you.

(okay I like Horrific Visions but that one feature cannot save the whole expansion)
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-31 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    you shouldnt make it worse
    Whats the difference between using a currency to upgrade your gear, and using a currency to Warforge a gear?

The difference is that Warforging with Currency in WoD would effectively make the bonuses of Sockets and ++Ilvl to gear bonus Valor/Apexis/whatever currency. So I dont understand how allowing players to manipulate an RNG element of the game makes it worse.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Not if Legion had then added some good features on top of that. BFA is being shat on because it added features like Azerite gear, Warfronts, Islands Expeditions, Corruption etc. which are all shit. No good feature was added in BFA. On top of that BFA has added a lot of systems which just makes the life of the players worse. Systems which work against you.

(okay I like Horrific Visions but that one feature cannot save the whole expansion)
    If BFA was released after WoD, all of it would be praised

M+(alongside CMs), WQs and more raids. It really didn't need much "fixing", the only expansion that was better was MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely not. BfA's classes and raids would still be just as much of a joke compared to the WoD ones. BfA just after WoD would also mean that either both WoD and BfA in this alternate universe have WQs and M+(if Legion is before WoD) or neither has them(if Legion is after BfA), neutralizing the only potential advantage BfA could've had over WoD.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

If you were to add WQs and emissary and m+ to WoD it would have been fixed. WoD didnt have titanforging, it had warforging.

And this is coming from someone who saw the bad stuff of WoD during alpha/beta.

Well that is definitely not true. Warfronts and Island Expedition are bland boring content and the release date doesn't change that.

Erase it from existence. The time travel concept was poorly done and ultimately felt like a grab at nostalgia to regain subs.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    By not bumping Mythic raiding up to 20man, cause trying to recruit while the game was bleeding subs was a shitshow. The garrisons weren't actually much trouble thanks to the addons for managing them, it was the entire rest of that expansion that was fucked.
    I agree with the 20 man thing. I won't argue that you can design better encounters when you only have one size to consider because that is probably true, although I think they were doing already covering both. I won't argue that it helps align guild rankings better, although I would argue that really shouldn't be a factor in game design in an MMO where they is basically just community driven anyway. All the previous raid size changes went from bigger to smaller. This means existing groups can always have it covered. The 20 man size change took a vast majority of the player base in 10 man groups and forced them to double to a 20. Sure, you can argue 25 mans were effected too and had to shave 5 but the truth of the matter is 25 mans were a dying breed and not nearly as numerous. Which says something too. It was obvious the smaller groups were far more popular and desired which beckons the confusion further way you would force people in the direction of the lesser popular option. I understand the 'feels more epic' with more plays opinion and it is as valid as any other. Including 'smaller group makes me feel closer and more connected to my group members' opinion. All you can really look at the decision of doing it was because they just didn't want to work as hard anymore and that message rang and continues to ring pretty loud and clear for WoD and a most the expansions since. The icing on the cake is like you said it was also during a time when subs were in a nose dive. They exploded for the start of WoD and suddenly nose dived again and have pretty much been in an expansion launch bump to total collapse cycle ever since. Not exactly great times when trying to form larger instead of smaller groups. Which is why I lean on it as they were just lazy. Although I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Erase it from existence. The time travel concept was poorly done and ultimately felt like a grab at nostalgia to regain subs.
    IDeally that would be the case

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD needs a replacement of all 5man dungeons with more enjoyable ones, except Grimrail Depot.

Timewalking WoD always makes me vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I would put in dailies that had use instead of the asocial garrison, while keeping some parts of the garrison, probably making the main parts of the garrison like the roads and headquarter open world so you could see other players, and make the profession places and other buildings into zoned places. I'd also make the iron horde be important for the entire expansion instead of just fizzling away after blackrock foundry, make kargath bladefist escape from the gladiator arena like he used to on the ptr. probably a last raid with iron horde, potentially fighting grommash hellscream himself! also, add those fungal whales and giants to the sea around draenor, it was scrapped sadly but it looked really cool and could be tied into dailies or just mats. And then there's Faralon, a big timeless isle esque zone but in Draenor.
    yeah, I agree with that, it will help the pve experience, but pvp wise there was merely just 1 problem with WoD.

one word: shard tech - the devs of wod did not use it in draenor zones, but only older zones. This is why you do not see anyone of the other faction for the kill acms when you build the gladiator sanctum and walk around in draenor zones, and have to go to ashran to find anyone to fight for that.

a quick fix could have fixed one of the worst and fatal flaws in one of the best pvp expansions up to date.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    M+(alongside CMs), WQs and more raids. It really didn't need much "fixing", the only expansion that was better was MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely not. BfA's classes and raids would still be just as much of a joke compared to the WoD ones. BfA just after WoD would also mean that either both WoD and BfA in this alternate universe have WQs and M+(if Legion is before WoD) or neither has them(if Legion is after BfA), neutralizing the only potential advantage BfA could've had over WoD.
    I'm o sick of this "clusas wure botter in WoD herpaderp"... warriors were utter shit in WoD... Arms was in the worst state it has ever existed for example (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J4CZ0RMn1I - hint, it didn't got better since alpha)

and what WoD raids?
    Highmaul and HFC were mediocre with the latter lasting 15 months
    BRF was only decent raid that was opened in the middle of the expansion with nothing betweem it and HM... I can't really remember when did an expansion had 2 long ass content droughts

WoD started the pruning and Legion took it into another level... yet Legion is still praised

also good classes means shit all when there is literally nothing to use them for

I can do circles mounted around my garrison on a class that have 0 abilities at the same skillcap as every other class

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well that is definitely not true. Warfronts and Island Expedition are bland boring content and the release date doesn't change that.
    Warfronts would be miles better if there was a pvp mode for them... it would just shit on Trashcan (Ashran)
    Island expeditions was a feature, that I knew from the moment they announced the proceduraly generated "enviroment" (aka enemies), that was doomed without redemption

But what else can WoD offer? simply, nothing

m+ wouldn't save it

Expand upon the 10th anniversary Molten Core raid. People *loved* that thing, because it was very very social. There was a loud minority of antisocial players that despised it. But it was a great social activity. When they removed it, the playerbase collapsed. Back in WoD, I ran it a ton. I didn't even need anything from it. I just kept running it because it scratched the itch of social gameplay.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Make us kill Grom, and make Ner'Zul the actual badass that he was instead of dying on a dungeon. Maybe make him rebel against Gul'dan, but still being an enemy of the players, make him realize that the Iron Horde even under Grom is doing the Legion's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Expand upon the 10th anniversary Molten Core raid. People *loved* that thing, because it was very very social. There was a loud minority of antisocial players that despised it. But it was a great social activity. When they removed it, the playerbase collapsed. Back in WoD, I ran it a ton. I didn't even need anything from it. I just kept running it because it scratched the itch of social gameplay.
    Rose tinted glasses

It was fucking atrocious and people only did it for the mount. It was "social" in the worst possible way because you hated the morons in your group raid (LFR players with a lot of retard checks and content too difficult for them, what could go wrong?). 3 hours to clear the goddamm place, what a purge.

And the playerbase collapsed because there was fuck all to do in WoD (obsolete dungeons even in their mythic version, very good raids but very scarce, absolutely nothing to do besides raiding), not because an anniversary event ran off.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    WoD needs a replacement of all 5man dungeons with more enjoyable ones, except Grimrail Depot.

Timewalking WoD always makes me vomit.
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-31 at 03:16 PM.

Add the raid tier that was supposed to be between BRF and HFC and the zone it was supposed to be in (The Farahlon raid where Kargath Bladefist was supposed to escape to).

Add M+ (would make every pre-Legion expansion better).

WoD lacked quantity mainly. The small amount of content it had was stellar, so the quality was more than fine.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It was the expansion that could have been. If they didn't scrap everything, it would've been good.
    Yeah, really what a waste! When they announced it I thought to myself: Wow, finally we can see Draenor as it used to be before it became Outland! The culture, the races, the history of the place!

But they ruined it all. What a missed opportunity.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Added content obviously

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann