Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Shadowlands - NO Hype at all? WTF.

Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)

5+ Year Old Account
    Well they've barely showed us anything. While I am excited for Shadowlands I'd say we're still pretty much in the dark.

We just know next to nothing and everything we know about was pretty much speculated to death in the first week after the announcment. Usually after such an announcment we are drip-fed leaks and alpha/beta datamined stuff. We have nothing of the sort atm, so there is just nothing to talk about.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    there WAS a lot of talk, and ther WERE quite a few videos ... when it was announced at blizzcon. we had no information since then, so obviously interest died down. expect talk to pick up again when more infos become available.

What's there to talk about? We haven't known anything new since november. There'll be more talk when alpha is out.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Well they've barely showed us anything. While I am excited for Shadowlands I'd say we're still pretty much in the dark.
    Pretty much this. As has been noted the amount of information we were given for Shadowlands was incredibly barebones and some of the information we did receive was so concerning after we thought about it that Blizzard may have been forced to retool behind the scenes, desperate to avoid another crippling failure along the lines of azerite armor (potential BIS abilities being tied to the covenant you may not want to play for being the obvious one).

Once the alpha comes out and IF the impressions are favorable, then we should begin to see a hype train build as we historically have.

All the alpha builds are encrypted so there's no new info to hype it up. It's no "wtf" moment, and you trying to create controversy over it will fall on deaf ears even for a community like this.

I mean, the trailer got me pretty unhyped. More of Sylvie's monologues, yeah no thanks. There are epic monologues like in the WotLK trailer or MoP trailer. And there are edgy, selfrighteous ones, like in the SL and BfA trailer (whereas BfA kinda made sense and was not as obnoxious). So yeah, SL is the only expansion that stopped my excitement with the trailer rather than increasing it.

On top of that SL will probably release in 2021 (like I advocated since it's announcement) and we have nothing to talk about, since Blizzcon only really showed one zone and nothing else. No class changed could be tested or anything like that. And since announcement trailer have always to be taken with a grain of salt (especially since WoD), we can't even speculate about the announced features.

On top of that, SL will be a completely new Dimension in WoW, so lore discussions would be fruitless, since you have no common ground to argue upon.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    This.
    We've seen like, what, 5% of it?
    Once it hits beta, we will have a better idea of it, streams, you name it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of recent info about Shadowlands probably has to do with the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The last 3 Expansions have killed WOW for me, I have no interest in playing Retail. Unless the announcement is made that they are reverting DK's and Druids to Wrath design, Priests to MOP and tanks to MOP design I could care less.

I’d love to be hyped over it but it’s almost April and we don’t even have alpha yet. At the point it’s going to be a 2021 release, there isn’t enough time left this year to listen to feedback from players and implement it to the game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id say its not only no hype among playerbase, but mostly no attempt to hype people up from Blizzard themselves. It seems like alpha isnt even close to come.

Shadowlands feels a very shallow expansion, almost on par with WoD in terms of features, no new races, no new classes, nothing substantial except this new "alliance system" which lets be honest will be removed/useless by the .2 patch of Shadowlands, and no im not being negative, it just seems to be too much of a trend lately, in Legion they had artifact weapons that became mainly a secondary feature by .3 since you focused less on AP and more on shadow/light augments, in BFA the entire Azerite system is now more or less pointless since .3 corruption gear is monumentally more efficent.

I have a bad feeling that this "Covenant" thing is going to be little more than another WoD garrison with very little payoff by the end.

Do I have hype? I mean they're enhancing customisation for the core races, thats probably the only plus side ive seen so far that actually interests me.

But honestly... the theme of this expansion, the story, pacing and timing couldnt be more off.

They need to actually commit to shadowlands rather htan being half-arsed about it, if they're gonna do an entire expansion set in the "infinite realms of the shadowlands" then id be perfectly fine if by .1 we finish our problems with Sylvanas and have another .4 wich .2.3.4 being filler and buildup to the next expansion.

Do what FF14 does, because when it comes to narrative pacing, that stuff works *way* better than WoW.

Hard to get hyped when you're living in a time of madness and disdain. Check in when the pandemic passes.

It's the most ridiculous and bare-bones expansion yet, directly battling Warlords of Draenor in that regard. Plus the lackluster announcement and people being driven away by BfA already - general interest in retail is low and Shadowlands doesn't change that because it looks... bland and boring.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

BfA 3.0? What was BfA 2.0?

There isn't much to be hyped about. Almost 0 news since Blizzcon, and what they did announce sounded rather lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tertullian72 View Post
    Hard to get hyped when you're living in a time of madness and disdain. Check in when the pandemic passes.
    Has nothing to do with Corona, there wasn't any more hype before Corona spread into the West.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Encrypted data isn’t exactly hype-inducing.