Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    well nevermind looks like i won't get it since i don't file so i don't make enough to be required to file. just what i thought check is only for certain people. people like me get nothing.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well nevermind looks like i won't get it since i don't file so i don't make enough to be required to file. just what i thought check is only for certain people. people like me get nothing.
    You can still file for 2019 even if you have very low income. You may even apply for credits and refunds on top of the $1200, depending on your situation. Doesn't hurt to check.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    "required to file"

You are not required to file, but you CAN file and should.

There is no bottom requirement in income that I see in the bill so you should file your 2019 taxes to get the check.
    if you don't get the check in 2019 you can use it for a refund in 2020 taxes even if you did not make enough to file too.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I plan on spending it on the penalty I'll be getting hit with for not having health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I plan on spending it on the penalty I'll be getting hit with for not having health insurance.
    there is no penalty…for tax year 2019 and 2020.
    signed into law dec 2017..to be in effect 1.1.2019

unless you are in those couple states that have something...like MA
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    there is no penalty…for tax year 2019 and 2020. signed into law dec 2017..to be in effect 1.1.2019

unless you are in those couple states that have something...like MA
    New Jersey...fucking NJ...

New Jersey...fucking NJ...
    just claim religious hardship exemption
    seems very loose and very easy.

https://nj.gov/treasury/njhealthinsu...emptions.shtml
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    just claim religious hardship exemption seems very loose and very easy.

https://nj.gov/treasury/njhealthinsu...emptions.shtml
    No comment...a friend is helping me out...
    But thanks!

No comment...a friend is helping me out...
    But thanks!
    just build a barn in the backyard using just your hands...poof instant exemption my Amish friend!!!

or you can be an anti-vaxxer and claim your own religion. I think there was at least one or two that actually got certification so they could get federal exemption from states that were forcing them to vaccinate their kids for school.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

What I wonder though... why would you want not to be insured?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was direct deposited today.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Was direct deposited today.
    Same here... although... I didn’t think I would get one. Damn... I’m more broke than I thought. lol

Edit: oh it’s based on last year’s return... I was unemployed for a while then... okay... that makes sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Are people happy that their unborn grandkids just sent them a check from the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Same here... although... I didn’t think I would get one. Damn... I’m more broke than I thought. lol
    Everyone that makes under $100K (single filer) or $200K (for married joint filers) gets something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are people happy that their unborn grandkids just sent them a check from the future?
    My wife and I don't have kids, and never will. Though our nieces and nephews will inherit a small fortune (low millions) when we pass, so we'll pay it forward.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Everyone that makes under $100K (single filer) or $200K (for married joint filers) gets something.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife and I don't have kids, and never will. Though our nieces and nephews will inherit a small fortune (low millions) when we pass.
    Good for you, I support leaving money to family. I'm doing my best to make sure my kids get a solid start when they become adults, which means paying for college, and having some funds to start their lives. They'll get money when the wife and I die, but hopefully, they'll already be financially secure by then... and it will just help them to pay it forward to future generations.

Make sure to thank them for the check they just sent you.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-04-15 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for you, I support leaving money to family.

Make sure to thank them for the check they just sent you.
    I think the millions he said he plans to leave them, covers the 1200...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I think the millions he said he plans to leave them, covers the 1200...
    We shall see, so far they are on the hook for 23...24...25...shit, I don't even remember how many trillions.

What's scary, is when we finally tabulate how much those checks actually cost the average American.

10+ Year Old Account
    We shall see, so far they are on the hook for 23...24...25...shit, I don't even remember how many trillions.

What's scary, is when we finally tabulate how much those checks actually cost the average American.
    Don’t worry, the Democrat responsible for this deficit, will be elected soon enough.

Don’t worry, the Democrat responsible for this deficit, will be elected soon enough.
    Thanks, Obama!!!

I'm sue the Tea Party is sharpening their pitchforks as we speak.

I just checked with the Tea Party patriots, and their highest priority... is to pray for Donald Trump. Not. Fucking. Kidding.

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/coronavirus/

Well, there's this one, they demand "no more bailouts"

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/mission

And yet... they are huge Trump supporters. Maybe I'll shoot them an e-mail, and see how they are going to respond to the bailout, increased spending, government intrusiveness, and Trump's tax increases.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-04-15 at 01:26 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Turns out IRS doesn’t have enough “info” for direct deposit.
    Yet they sent me a direct deposit refund a few weeks ago...
    Yay Competence.