Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly? I think this is great. As much as I appreciate the work of the dataminers I hate them spoilering basically everything.

I really hope for encrypted builds and heavy NDAs for alpha/beta so nobody knows anything about the expansion until he/she plays it.
    Yea man that's what we need, a beta with heavy NDA so we can't give feedback and get an expansion even less polished and fucked than BFA. Good brain u got there bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Translation: I have no self control and this is the only way that I don't spoil myself, so it's what should be done.
    This. Your lack of self-control is not our responsibility.

Maybe start by leaving the 9.0 thread if you don't want to be spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    Yea man that's what we need, a beta with heavy NDA so we can't give feedback and get an expansion even less polished and fucked than BFA. Good brain u got there bud.
    What exactly has feedback to do with NDA? Everybody who has access to beta can give genuine feedback, anyone else without access can theorycraft but don’t give any reasonable feedback.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

towellie confirm alpha is sometime in the future before shadowland launch

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Translation: I have no self control and this is the only way that I don't spoil myself, so it's what should be done.
    Uhm... has nothing to do with self control.

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    I don't see them releasing anything tomorrow. Thursday is really our only day this week, and if that doesn't happen then we're pushing in to next week and going up against Valorant.

I don't see people giving up the chance to get a beta key for Valorant. Which if I'm correct you get them by watching their stream. Most people will go to the brand new shiny thing. Also next week is their own game, Hearthstone Ashes of Outland drops. Do you think they will split their own playerbase even more. If there's nothing at the end of this week then there wont be anything next week either. Isn't Hearthstone going live the same day as Valorant????

Uhm... has nothing to do with self control.
    Yeah it does.

This is basically your level of argument.

What exactly has feedback to do with NDA? Everybody who has access to beta can give genuine feedback, anyone else without access can theorycraft but don’t give any reasonable feedback.
    You do realise streamers with large audiences can give very valuable feedback right? You don't need beta access to see if a system is garbage or not. You can see it. Also an NDA heavy beta would also mean less people getting beta, it's only natural. You are just being selfish , it's about you not being able to control yourself from spoilers.
    Luckily alpha starts next week and every streamer is gonna go ham on it. You should turn off your PC for the next 7 months

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    That would mean the end of the PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doubt it. It's not really useful once the build is publically playable, since everybody gets the key anyways.
    Fair point, didn't even consider that playing the build would allow the key, just thought that the contents themselves would be played with the datamining independently keyed.

Pretty rough time to be given blue-balls in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah it does.

This is basically your level of argument.
    This is hilarious. My level of argument is that alpha/beta stuff shouldn’t be seen by anyon without access to alpha/beta.

Being able to discuss findings with others is necessary for crafting useful feedback, unless Blizzard makes a Alpha/Beta invitees only forum then discussion on improvements and what have you will be limited.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

You do realise streamers with large audiences can give very valuable feedback right? You don't need beta access to see if a system is garbage or not. You can see it. Also an NDA heavy beta would also mean less people getting beta, it's only natural. You are just being selfish , it's about you not being able to control yourself from spoilers.
    Luckily alpha starts next week and every streamer is gonna go ham on it. You should turn off your PC for the next 7 months
    Again, this is absurd. I had access to three betas and one alpha and didn’t use it because I couldn’t care less about it. I don’t even care about being spoilered or not. I just think it would be better if no one gets to see this stuff besides people that were undoubtedly meant to see / experience / test it.

And sorry but no, just by seeing stuff you cannot give genuine feedback about it. Sure you can say that’s sh*t but I’m sure that’s feedback Blizzard doesn’t want to have.

I just think this extensive datamining hurts WoW more than it helps.

Imagine getting Alpha on April 1st. LuL

10+ Year Old Account
    If ppl don't like spoilers, why do they come here after all ?

Again, this is absurd. I had access to three betas and one alpha and didn’t use it because I couldn’t care less about it. I don’t even care about being spoilered or not. I just think it would be better if no one gets to see this stuff besides people that were undoubtedly meant to see / experience / test it.

And sorry but no, just by seeing stuff you cannot give genuine feedback about it. Sure you can say that’s sh*t but I’m sure that’s feedback lizzard doesn’t want to have.
    Why would that be better? Your argument has zero logic. You have no idea what PR or hype is i guess.
    And yes giving feedback like "azerite armor is HOT GARBAGE" is exactly what blizzard should want to have. Else we get start of BFA again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    If ppl don't like spoilers, why do they come here after all ?
    Could ask the same about corona and avoiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Towelliee said if we get another encrypted build we will get alpha in late may.
    He said that alpha will be in March.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Imagine getting Alpha on April 1st. LuL
    I expect the unfunny patch notes to be boring as usual, at best a slight smirk.

Why would that be better? Your argument has zero logic. You have no idea what PR or hype is i guess.
    And yes giving feedback like "azerite armor is HOT GARBAGE" is exactly what blizzard should want to have. Else we get start of BFA again.
    The statement Azerite armor is garbage from thousands of people that did not have beta access didn’t help though. And I say this as someone who genuinely despised BfA and thinks it’s the worst expansion with the worst systems ever.

Why should Blizzard care about the opinion of those thousands that just regurgitate stuff they’ve seen or heart yet neither experienced nor tested themselves? That’s the exact problem that I’m talking about. Let alone the heavy story spoilers that shouldn’t be a thing at all until the expansion/patch is released.

I didn’t want to start an argument about datamining though, I just said I like that encrypted stuff and hope it’s here to stay. If others don’t like it, well, I think that’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I expect the unfunny patch notes to be boring as usual, at best a slight smirk.
    I dunno. I think theyre generally pretty good.

One of my favorites was "Draenei now have 60% more vowels."

"Draenaiei's Gift of the Naaru has been reworked..."