Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame that Blizzard agrees with the fact that Naxxramas items should be exclusive.
    Brb, time to go to the Black Market Auction House.
    That's what I call my time machine with which I go back in time to earn T3.
    Are you being retarded on purpose or what? It was specifically about the old Corrupted Ashbringer and Atiesh.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Literally nobody cares. You know what people comment on? It's not my Naxx mogs, it's not my Mythic raid gear, it's not my unobtainable title, it's a mount that I got 15 years ago in a PUG. I was in a group last week with a guy with Corrupted Ashbringer, and I was in my naxx mog, and nobody gave a fuck about either. The amount of people that would even use a low res Corrupted Ashbringer model is probably minuscule. The Wrath version of the T3 sets looks much better than the originals.
    So true. It's the same with most legendaries. They simply don't hold up these days, especially after Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, speaking of keeping challenges around after their relevant expansion. I kind of agree. Thinking more specifically of stuff like MoP and WoD challenge modes and Mage Tower.

The rewards and challenges that come with them are cool, and it's a shame they just got removed when Blizzard could probably introduce player templates that characters are forced into so that the challenge always remains equal. With that kind of system, it would never get any easier to obtain those items and it would arguably be more prestigious than getting, say, MoP CM gear, was at the tail end of MoP.
    This should have happened ages ago, well there is hope they might use it going forward, though even then I fear Blizzard will be too lazy to support these activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    I am pretty sure they said that adding Corrupted Ashbringer to loot tables was a huge mistake on their part, so I doubt that one is coming back.
    I doubt that reasoning holds up these days. After Legion they pretty much commited to style over flimsy - and lets he breal here - nonsensical lore reasons. What we do and how we look is at best semi-canon anyway; most of the time not even that. It's essentially claiming there can only be one disney princess in disneyland - everyone knows this is a load of shite.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-03-31 at 03:32 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Are you being retarded on purpose or what? It was specifically about the old Corrupted Ashbringer and Atiesh.
    So why are they special and T3 isn't?
    Seems kind of arbitrary. Almost as there is no real dividing line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    I am pretty sure they said that adding Corrupted Ashbringer to loot tables was a huge mistake on their part, so I doubt that one is coming back.
    Wasn't that a comment from before they allowed every ret Paladin and their dog to own the legitimate Ashbringer?

If you want prestige, then maybe you get a feat of strength for completing old naxx. Don’t know if that exists or not already. But I think we absolutely should get another shot at those mogs if for no other reason that it’s content that 1% of all players got to see when it was current. Plus, it was still hard to get groups in BC to go back and do it, at least on my server, and my guild was disbanded at the time of its release. Then they removed and revamped it before I ever got to get anything really from there. No one saw that coming, and as many people have said too it was really really hard to get things restored by gm’s when xmog became a thing. A second round at old school naxx for the old models and extra glowy weapons that didnt come with Wrath Naxx would be dope as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    As long is naxx wont reward gear and cosmetics to preserve its value than sure.
    You can buy naxx gear right now from the black market auction house, and could farm that gear in tbc pretty easily.
    so it has no value.

- - - Updated - - -

Corrupted ashbringer was hilariously easy to get come tbc, hell my warlock got one that i got purely to vendor but kept till wotlk before i sold it, cause i felt i needed the bank space, and "Warlocks would never get to use 2 handers..."
    which they didnt, but i coulda given it to my felguard.
    sadly my brother got that account banned after i had to get my own come late wotlk anyways but yeah, i know a few people who just have random nax loot from tbc.

i also know some people who have the black scarab from wotlk.

After buying too many tokens and spending too much time to get Redemption(tier 3 paladin set), this would shit all over that. Had to hunt pieces on 10 servers I tracked, took 3-4 months. There’s literally two prestigious And unobtainable sets in the game and that’s tier 3 and mop cm. The way you need to acquire tier 3 now I think is acceptable as it’s a bitch but it’s some damn good looking armor and it’s nice to have

Let's suppose for a second that blizz added a "chromie time" and you could get the original naxx gear. To the people in favor of this, how exactly would it work so that acquiring the gear maintains the value it had back in the day? Let's look at some facts and problems.

The first problem is difficulty/scaling. There is not much that can be done on this front unfortunately since the fights aren't new/challenging nor are the classes the same. The only things that can be done on this front are very fine tuning with numbers and for the determination buff to not be present.

Second problem: Time investment/patience. It took a LOT of time to form the group. For anniversary events where legacy loot isn't on the table, LFG is fine. People are just going for the experience. If we are putting legacy loot ON the table though, this aspect would need to be addressed. LFG and the premade tab should be restricted. If you want to earn the gear, you should have to go through what people had to go through back in the day which included waiting for a 40 man group to be formed.

Third problem: Loot. This isn't as major as the other two issues considering the solution. Personal loot would be fine as long as there is no coin roll if we're going for authenticity.

In summary: (1. Finely tuned scaling 2. No stacking determination buff 3. No LFG/premade 4. No bonus roll) With these points in mind, I just don't see how re-introducing the original naxx gear could be viable. People wouldn't want these features to be removed/altered for a TW naxx because of the typical reasons: "it's too hard now" or "I don't have that much time. I want to be done within 1-2 hours tops." If solutions 2/3 were sacrificed, TW naxx just wouldn't be a challenge nor would earning the gear be authentic or skill-based.
    Last edited by Clatratus; 2020-03-31 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Shadowlands should've included Classic Dungeon TW, maybe 4-5 to start. But no, that kind of makes sense for everyone involved: players, Blizzard and its something good for the longevity of the game.
    Honestly I see no reason why they can't "copy/paste" Classic into the BFA client and then add a dragon to each zone to revert back and forth. For the most part it is completely compatible aside from any engine changes in BFA which wouldn't affect much since those zones could default to legion renders. Sure it'd take a little time to do, but still.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-03-31 at 10:47 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clatratus View Post
    Let's suppose for a second that blizz added a "chromie time" and you could get the original naxx gear. To the people in favor of this, how exactly would it work so that acquiring the gear maintains the value it had back in the day? Let's look at some facts and problems.

The first problem is difficulty/scaling. There is not much that can be done on this front unfortunately since the fights aren't new/challenging nor are the classes the same. The only things that can be done on this front are very fine tuning with numbers and for the determination buff to not be present.

Second problem: Time investment/patience. It took a LOT of time to form the group. For anniversary events where legacy loot isn't on the table, LFG is fine. People are just going for the experience. If we are putting legacy loot ON the table though, this aspect would need to be addressed. LFG and the premade tab should be restricted. If you want to earn the gear, you should have to go through what people had to go through back in the day which included waiting for a 40 man group to be formed.

Third problem: Loot. This isn't as major as the other two issues considering the solution. Personal loot would be fine as long as there is no coin roll if we're going for authenticity.

In summary: (1. Finely tuned scaling 2. No stacking determination buff 3. No LFG/premade 4. No bonus roll) With these points in mind, I just don't see how re-introducing the original naxx gear could be viable. People wouldn't want these features to be removed/altered for a TW naxx because of the typical reasons: "it's too hard now" or "I don't have that much time. I want to be done within 1-2 hours tops." If solutions 2/3 were sacrificed, TW naxx just wouldn't be a challenge nor would earning the gear be authentic or skill-based.
    That's easy, the first problem doesn't matter. There's no prestige in items from what we now know was a faceroll raid. If you can do modern normal you could do vanilla Naxx. Don't believe me? Just wait until they release it on Classic and people spend more time running between bosses than anything else.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

There shouldn't be any difficulty/time in it. It's old content. You don't see MC/BWL/Karazhan, etc needing to require effort. Stop trying to make a problem out of something that doesn't exist. Which this response basically sums up the answers to the rest of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    What's the point of a cosmetic reward then ? The very point of a cosmetic reward (or what is now a cosmetic reward since we're not using Vanilla or BC gear anymore) is to show off. And what's wrong with that ? People like to show off, that's the very reason there are SO MANY cosmetics and collectibles in game right now. If people weren't about showing off we would be in a game with 2 mounts per race, only PvP titles aaaaand probably no tmog.

No. It's not about showing off. It's about personalizing your character.

Always hated content being removed from the game. So I'm good with adding it back. Would love to see the original corrupted ash-bringer back in the game as well.

And no. Couldn't give two shits about the "prestige" (lol) status of it being ruined.

There shouldn't be any difficulty/time in it. It's old content. You don't see MC/BWL/Karazhan, etc needing to require effort. Stop trying to make a problem out of something that doesn't exist. Which this response basically sums up the answers to the rest of your questions.
    By this logic, MoP challenge modes or the mage tower shouldn't be difficult or take much time if they were re-added since they would both be considered "old content" right? Or are you going to back track with your statement and make an exception for those two examples I just listed?
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why? Would it be so bad to bring them back? I have most mage tower skins and 4 MoP CM sets and wouldn't be mad if they would bring that back either via timewalking ^^

When they added the Mists of Pandaria CM as recolors for Legion content, I was convinced they would start a trend and have BfA content reward an easier recolor of WoD weapons, and then Shadowlands could have had recolors of the Mage Tower artifacts. Seems like a shame to just never have some models used in the game again, recolors would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

By this logic, MoP challenge modes or the mage tower shouldn't be difficult or take much time if they were re-added since they would both be considered "old content" right? Or are you going to back track with your statement and make an exception for those two examples I just listed?
    MoP challenge mode were recolored into questing sets in Legion. Yes, they should be easier, and they should be a different color so you know which version someone earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So, the new leveling feature Chromie Time let me think ... what if Blizzard releases the classic zones and old Naxxramas via Chromie Time?
    I've been wanting Blizz to Zidormi the zones affected by the shattering
    As for Naxx, sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omegalul

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No they don't. People want them back because it would be cool to wield staff like Atiesh
    Why do people like Atiesh so much? Thunderfury and Warglaives I understand, they are big flamboyant peacocking weapons but Atiesh? It's a stick with a wood knot owl on it.

- - - Updated - - -

By this logic, MoP challenge modes or the mage tower shouldn't be difficult or take much time if they were re-added since they would both be considered "old content" right?
    MoP CMs: Make a gem slot set
    Mage tower: Wait until Antorus LFR

Nah, they shouldn't be difficult to get because they weren't difficult to get when they were current lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

A lot of anti-prestige people in this thread.

Im just glad there is at least one place in current wow with prestige...rated arena sets.
    Thank the Light.

What "value" lol they lost any value once the Black Market came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be pretty obvious that players don’t do things “because it’s there.” There needs to be an incentive of some form.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So why are they special and T3 isn't?
    Seems kind of arbitrary. Almost as there is no real dividing line.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't that a comment from before they allowed every ret Paladin and their dog to own the legitimate Ashbringer?
    Again, it doesn't matter if you think it's arbitrary. Blizzard disagrees with you.

Again, it doesn't matter if you think it's arbitrary. Blizzard disagrees with you.
    That's pretty convenient. They disagree with me because..?
    They currently haven't yet brought those back?

What a non-argument. :b