Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    This seems kind of self righteous. It likely would have released in 2020, provided the pandemic had not started.
    Unless you are saying you knew the future and warned nobody about the world crisis, yours was more of a guess than Blizzard stating 2020 release.
    It's not about when it WOULD have started, but when it SHOULD have. Blizz should take their time and finally deliver an expansion that feels nice and finished from the start. I'm happy about the way it's turning out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    This.
    We've seen like, what, 5% of it?
    Once it hits beta, we will have a better idea of it, streams, you name it.
    Hopefully its only 5%, because its not much. This expansion will be the first i wait on to pick up, because so far I haven't seen anything that gets me excited.

There seems to be a thing where when the hype is lit for a new xpac, people start posting Taylor Swift videos. I don't understand it. I don't see Taylor Swift videos so I would say there is no hype.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Shadowlands feels a very shallow expansion, almost on par with WoD in terms of features, no new races, no new classes, nothing substantial except this new "alliance system" which lets be honest will be removed/useless by the .2 patch of Shadowlands, and no im not being negative, it just seems to be too much of a trend lately, in Legion they had artifact weapons that became mainly a secondary feature by .3 since you focused less on AP and more on shadow/light augments, in BFA the entire Azerite system is now more or less pointless since .3 corruption gear is monumentally more efficent.

I have a bad feeling that this "Covenant" thing is going to be little more than another WoD garrison with very little payoff by the end.

Do I have hype? I mean they're enhancing customisation for the core races, thats probably the only plus side ive seen so far that actually interests me.

But honestly... the theme of this expansion, the story, pacing and timing couldnt be more off.

They need to actually commit to shadowlands rather htan being half-arsed about it, if they're gonna do an entire expansion set in the "infinite realms of the shadowlands" then id be perfectly fine if by .1 we finish our problems with Sylvanas and have another .4 wich .2.3.4 being filler and buildup to the next expansion.

Do what FF14 does, because when it comes to narrative pacing, that stuff works *way* better than WoW.
    I am very happy seeing that there is another vocal soul feeling the same way about Covenants. With the only addition that they are sync'd with player power, and we find ourselves doing the hoops again to change them with each patch.

I can't really speak about the FF14 stuff, not my familiarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if you know this but there is something going on right now that everybody is more concerned about and everything is getting pushed back.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are there people out there whose life has not slowed down, has not been impacted, given what's going on world wide right now? If so, I most definitely envy you.

I expect the virus has impacted Blizzard and business is not "as usual" atm.

I laugh a little every time i see someone post that they(Blizzard) haven't really revealed anything about Shadowlands.....Im pretty sure everything they have shown.....is pretty much it......Blizzard has already said they arent doing any major overhauls to classes....so maybe a few tweaks here and there....but nothing more than what they are now.....professions may add a few craftable items. This will be the first expansion i dont buy or play......shame

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Are there people out there whose life has not slowed down, has not been impacted, given what's going on world wide right now? If so, I most definitely envy you.

I expect the virus has impacted Blizzard and business is not "as usual" atm.
    At the risk of giving Blizzard too much credit, largely playable build of shadowlands should have existed by February if they plan on still planning on releasing this year. The Virus has only been a thing for a month, and working from home affects the logistics of digital work the least which is what WoW is. Sure they can use Corona as an excuse but unless there was a major outbreak at the offices I don't see why this should actually push the release into 2021

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Legion=august 30
    Legion beta= may
    Legion beta was in may but the public alpha was much earlier, if I remember right it was soon after blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    At the risk of giving Blizzard too much credit, largely playable build of shadowlands should have existed by February if they plan on still planning on releasing this year. The Virus has only been a thing for a month, and working from home affects the logistics of digital work the least which is what WoW is. Sure they can use Corona as an excuse but unless there was a major outbreak at the offices I don't see why this should actually push the release into 2021
    I'll repeat:

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We have nothing to talk about. They barely said anything in Blizzcon and since then we have had no new information.
    And BFA showed us how good they are at making this game currently.

The expansion probably won't even be out this year either.
    The current situation seems like a really good justification (from their pov) for a 2021 release. It also gives all the fanbois a way to completely go back on their "tHeY wIlL gO sTrAiGhT tO jAiL" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Bellular is basically the Steven Hawking of WoW..
    I know he & Taliasin are tied for both clickbait & having theories that never come true

- - - Updated - - -

I'll repeat:
    And I'll repeat, it's been two weeks. Of a game that's been in production at least a year. We were already in Beta at this point in legion's production. And hey, Blizzard has had a lack of testers since last summer? It would be very convenient to have an enormous number of players stuck at home ready to test the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Legion beta was in may but the public alpha was much earlier, if I remember right it was soon after blizzcon.
    Legion Beta began in April

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Bellular is basically the Steven Hawking of WoW..
    As if it wasn't obvious you were trolling before. You'll still get 5 or 6 more pages out of the general MMOC crowd though, so congrats on that at least.

There are very few new features in SL and what little there is doesn't excite anyone. Its possible Blizzard is taking on a new stance with new xpacs, under-sell and over-deliver, but I seriously doubt it. In the past there was always something interesting or exciting in a new xpac - Lich King and Death Knights, Worgen/ Goblin and re-tooling of Azeroth, Monks and Pandas, Demon Hunters and Artifacts, even WOD offered Garrisons. SL just doesn't offer anything fun, cool or exciting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Yes, as your picture suggests you failed to read anything else I said. It may be possible that shadowlands they are skiiping the open alpha. Preceding to do a beta for longer. While having just a closed alpha, as in a recent interview they said open beta would be soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Don't understand people comparing Shadowlands to WoD's pre-launch hype. WoD was the most hyped expansion of all time, it only let us down after launch.

I'm hoping this is more like a MoP situation - very "muted" initial response but ends up being actually pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s because Blizzard doesn’t do what they used to do. Use the internet archive sometime and look at old pics of MMO-C and even the WoW website. For TBC, Wrath, Cata, and even MoP to a degree they would constantly feed us info. MMO-C used to have new stuff posted almost every week when an expansion was announced. Remember when Blizz first got on Twitter? Before they consolidated behind the useless WoWDevs account, they all had personal accounts we could goto and get info about the expansion. WatcherDev(Ion), Ghostcrawler, Holinka, etc all posted there and talked to us constantly. Shit in the first few expansion launches they would give us long ass posts about what the plan for the newest expansion was. They’d tell us ideas they were working on. Sometimes we wouldn’t get these ideas sure, but they did this as far back as vanilla! Remember back in 2005 they had a page on WoW dot com saying what was coming soon and what was coming in the long term. That’s when we learned battlegrounds were coming and they had ideas they never gave us such as multiple hero classes, but hey it was something. It kept us hyped and interested. We used to know their thought process. They were always working to get us new things.

Now it’s so slow and boring. They announce an expansion and they’ll give us tiny updates until a beta comes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Don't understand people comparing Shadowlands to WoD's pre-launch hype. WoD was the most hyped expansion of all time, it only let us down after launch.

I'm hoping this is more like a MoP situation - very "muted" initial response but ends up being actually pretty good.
    WoD was not the most hyped expansion of all time lol. Wrath and even Cata were far more hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, as your picture suggests you failed to read anything else I said. It may be possible that shadowlands they are skiiping the open alpha. Preceding to do a beta for longer. While having just a closed alpha, as in a recent interview they said open beta would be soon.
    No, they are not skipping the open alpha. That would go against Bellular's predictions. The open alpha has simply been heavily delayed because Shadowlands is looking to be a train wreck. Let's hope they're delaying it to add good features or make good class changes. Probs won't happen though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands has potential if they just go full steam ahead on their "de-prune" philosophy. Hiring back Holinka needs to show, we need to see some abilities, some PVP enhancing, some talents being buffed. I would like an expansion that is 100% focused on classes and not random scenarios. Please stop putting in scenarios, invasions, tiny grind sandboxes, world quest scenario zones, Wraithion cloak chains.
    There are ways to make the open world engaging, everything doesn't need to be an invasion. If no one needs to do this extra content and no one wants to, why does it exist?

Loot needs to be spiced up. I'm not sure why every single piece in the game now is stamina, primary stat, 2 secondaries. It's beyond boring. People talk about the raids being all hard and 25 keys being hard, but the loot is designed for simpletons. Everything else in the game is simpleton, the fact that you can platform over and under beams is almost meaningless. Specs with the most mobility dominate because those are the easiest to play over lapping laser beam dodger.
    I wonder how many people would still raid if your damage was all automated and all you did was dodge stuff, because we're extremely close to that with all the passive procs and corruptions and trinkets and traits doing damage for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post

- - - Updated - - -

WoD was not the most hyped expansion of all time lol. Wrath and even Cata were far more hyped.
    According to what metric? WoD was the most hyped, and its not even close. Subs went up 2.6 mil on release.