10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Update: Also, HCQ works? Kinda? I dunno, but here's a randomized, clinical trial that seems to support that. I'll remain cautiously optimistic on this one.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....22.20040758v2

Take with a grain of NaCl and wait until we see more info from the NYC clinical trials, thank you very much
    It's the same trial a month and a half ago from china that started the entire thing.
    http://www.chictr.org.cn/showprojen.aspx?proj=48880
    However as someone else pointed out.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/COVID19/com...g_efficacy_of/
    https://pubpeer.com/publications/71E...981A47917DE097
    http://www.chictr.org.cn/showprojen.aspx?proj=48880
    So indeed take it with a grain of salt.

15+ Year Old Account
    And Finland is seeing less cases fifth day in a row.

"Quarantine measures are overblown and don't work"

I want even more quarantine measures, we need to do everything we can to combat the virus.

Curfew and hard closure of all borders ASAP, shutdown of all work travel (excluding health personnel, logistics and essential production - food, energy, medicine and the support goods for these).

And everyone needs to wear a mask outdoors, just in case. I just wish we had those masks.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I want even more quarantine measures, we need to do everything we can to combat the virus.
    You can't "combat" this virus. It is here to stay. Most of us will get infected eventually, our states are incapable of maintaining these lockdowns for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swedish: https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...s--om-en-vecka

In a week, Stockholm will run out of its ICU beds so it's facing the situation of Milan/Madrid/Paris.

Yet there are posters here defending Sweden's non-actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lol... i predicted this...

Did you two properly read the article?

It was expected to happen. They are planning in advanced so it doesn't come as a surprise once it actually runs out of ICU beds.
    I think Sweden is managing this better than many other countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    They also extended the current policies until the end of April--the same policies that don't appear to really be working because the Dutch see sunshine and are physically unable to keep from going outside in it. It seemed like people were starting to get the picture at the end of last week; the streets were clearer and there was in general much less traffic (foot, bike and car) but yesterday and today it's all come back with a vengeance. Walkways and bike paths were filled with people out and about today on my way to work. I expect a spike in cases this week and two/three weeks from now.
    The government is slowly but surely making a turn on all this, so once more regions hospitals can't cope "aka" when it is too late they'll end up being harsher in enforcing it all.

I am not going to complain however, the netherlands is one of the few nations that ensures your employer pays out 100% including shift bonuses of my wage, so i have very little income loss. Not going to be happy being stuck at home for another month but at least financially it is not going to be a problem.

I still can't wrap my head around doing so many things right and still being rather laid back on other measures, like wednessday markets are still happening i mean okay it's in the open air but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

It was expected to happen. They are planning in advanced so it doesn't come as a surprise once it actually runs out of ICU beds.
    Sweden has a population density 12 times lower than the United Kingdom yet you've managed to infect more people per million than them too. That, and because you've delayed strict social distancing, its a certainty that you've prolonged this.

What criteria are you using to decide that Sweden is managing this better than other countries? Because where I'm sitting, it looks like the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But it isn't a little suprising that something supposedly so deadly pretty much every country of the world has shutdown and yet there is not even a little blip in the normal death rate? I'd say that an economic catastrophe will be far more deadly long term than corona will ever be. Suicides, depression, domestic abuse, mental health, no one knows the true costs of that.
    The graph from Italy shows what would happen in every country if they don't act correctly (except the peak would be spread a bit more since different regions will have the peaks at different times).

Whereas graph from the UK doesn't include the current (and inevitable future) increases in deaths due to Covid-10 - and still those numbers will be lower than in Italy due to the measures taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corona bad guy tier list updated to reflect the end of March. We need to remember their names when this is over. This list is made to reflect the number of deaths caused and severity of malpractice and mismanagement.

1. World Health Organisation. The rest of the world that isn't China is in this mess solely because of them. They trusted the Chinese government that "everything's fine" instead of running their own analyses, they issued reassuring reports to world leaders and generally acted solely in the wellbeing of the virus spread. Punishment: execution.

2. The Chinese peasants and education system, and by extension the Chinese government. Surely they know by now that eating badly cooked animals can cause global epidemics, especially after the last 5 epidemics they caused the past 100 years? Apparently not. Extra bad boy points to the Chinese government that tried and continue to cover everything up. Punishment: mandatory increase in health standards. It's cruel, but even they have to learn one day that eating raw fucking rats they caught in sewers with fur and everything is bad for ya.

3. Bolsonaro, Brazilian president. How in the hell is this guy still hanging on to his beliefs is an unknown to me. I think he plans to use the virus to wipe out the favelas. It's the only thing that makes sense. Still, not cool at all man. Punishment: execution.

4. Trump, USA president. He governs the strongest country in the world, yet his actions speak of management akin to a third world country. He clearly hasn't understood how pandemics work, he clearly hasn't read their history and doesn't understand the necessity of eradicating the spread as fast as possible. Despite having probably the greatest virologists and epidemiologists in the world, he didn't listen. Hopefully this is a wake up call for Americans to completely overhaul their bonkers healthcare system. Punishment: despite everything he did that boosted the economy during his term, he is nevertheless shamefully going down in the end as one of the worst American presidents of the past decades.

5. Johnson, British prime minister. An unbelievable idiot for believing the WHO reports that everything is fine, or an unbelievable idiot for not trusting his own people the second it was known the virus is RNA (basically this means the virus is being controlled by an Alexander the Great tier General, it can plan and learn from its mistakes and adapt on the spot, it can only lose against a vaccine), it is airborne up to 9 meters, it emphasises low fatality so it can spread more easily, has extremely powerful glycoprotein "claws" that latch onto the human cell like a Liverpool supporter latches onto his beer, it can cause cytokine storms that can kill even young and healthy people, it might cause antibody dependant enhancements if left unchecked (this is end of the world tier scenario as the virus learns how to take over white blood cells and roam free without any breaks, infecting every organ in the process), and finally it can transmit from animal to human and vice versa. Despite all that, his modus operandi in fighting the virus is STILL... herd immunity... Punishment: since he loves Homer so much, death by being dragged by a chariot, or eaten by a cyclops, his pick.

6. Sanchez, Spanish prime minister. Another one of those who chose to yolo this whole thing, allowing the feminist parade during the height of the spread, infecting hundreds of thousands is just the tip of the iceberg. Punishment: death by feminist parade trampling.

7. Rutte, Dutch prime minister. Following Johnson's footsteps, he initially gave the virus a good week to spread nicely, but at least had the good sense to impose restrictions afterwards. One of the few who learned from his mistakes and tried to make amends, he's still however responsible for thousands of deaths in the best case scenario. Punishment: he needs to lay off the ganja, as well as 10 billion years imprisonment as a means to appease the relatives of the victims he mass murdered during his first "herd immunity" speech.

8. The rest of the world that didn't get into lockdown as fast as possible once the virus' became big and got into Europe. They did it to help the economy in the short term, but with the extreme danger of completely blowing the fuck out of the economy in the long term as everything freezes regardless when people start dropping like flies. Punishment: ridicule by the rest of the world who did it right for the rest of their existence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

Sweden is managing this worse by far than any other Nordic country.

And this negligence affects Finland, too. There are infections leaking into Finland from Sweden, especially in the north.

Also, I have lots of relatives in Sweden so I'd like them to stay alive, thank you.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2020-04-01 at 08:00 AM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Corona bad guy tier list updated to reflect the end of March. We need to remember their names when this is over. This list is made to reflect the number of deaths caused and severity of malpractice and mismanagement.

1. World Health Organisation. The rest of the world that isn't China is in this mess solely because of them. They trusted the Chinese government that "everything's fine" instead of running their own analyses, they issued reassuring reports to world leaders and generally acted solely in the wellbeing of the virus spread. Punishment: execution.

2. The Chinese peasants and education system, and by extension the Chinese government. Surely they know by now that eating badly cooked animals can cause global epidemics, especially after the last 5 epidemics they caused the past 100 years? Apparently not. Extra bad boy points to the Chinese government that tried and continue to cover everything up. Punishment: mandatory increase in health standards. It's cruel, but even they have to learn one day that eating raw fucking rats they caught in sewers with fur and everything is bad for ya.

3. Bolsonaro, Brazilian president. How in the hell is this guy still hanging on to his beliefs is an unknown to me. I think he plans to use the virus to wipe out the favelas. It's the only thing that makes sense. Still, not cool at all man. Punishment: execution.

4. Trump, USA president. He governs the strongest country in the world, yet his actions speak of management akin to a third world country. He clearly hasn't understood how pandemics work, he clearly hasn't read their history and doesn't understand the necessity of eradicating the spread as fast as possible. Despite having probably the greatest virologists and epidemiologists in the world, he didn't listen. Hopefully this is a wake up call for Americans to completely overhaul their bonkers healthcare system. Punishment: despite everything he did that boosted the economy during his term, he is nevertheless shamefully going down in the end as one of the worst American presidents of the past decades.

5. Johnson, British prime minister. An unbelievable idiot for believing the WHO reports that everything is fine, or an unbelievable idiot for not trusting his own people the second it was known the virus is RNA (basically this means the virus is being controlled by an Alexander the Great tier General, it can plan and learn from its mistakes and adapt on the spot, it can only lose against a vaccine), it is airborne up to 9 meters, it emphasises low fatality so it can spread more easily, has extremely powerful glycoprotein "claws" that latch onto the human cell like a Liverpool supporter latches onto his beer, it can cause cytokine storms that can kill even young and healthy people, it might cause antibody dependant enhancements if left unchecked (this is end of the world tier scenario as the virus learns how to take over white blood cells and roam free without any breaks, infecting every organ in the process), and finally it can transmit from animal to human and vice versa. Despite all that, his modus operandi in fighting the virus is STILL... herd immunity... Punishment: since he loves Homer so much, death by being dragged by a chariot, or eaten by a cyclops, his pick.

6. Sanchez, Spanish prime minister. Another one of those who chose to yolo this whole thing, allowing the feminist parade during the height of the spread, infecting hundreds of thousands is just the tip of the iceberg. Punishment: death by feminist parade trampling.

7. Rutte, Dutch prime minister. Following Johnson's footsteps, he initially gave the virus a good week to spread nicely, but at least had the good sense to impose restrictions afterwards. One of the few who learned from his mistakes and tried to make amends, he's still however responsible for thousands of deaths in the best case scenario. Punishment: he needs to lay off the ganja, as well as 10 billion years imprisonment as a means to appease the relatives of the victims he mass murdered during his first "herd immunity" speech.

8. The rest of the world that didn't get into lockdown as fast as possible once the virus' became big and got into Europe. They did it to help the economy in the short term, but with the extreme danger of completely blowing the fuck out of the economy in the long term as everything freezes regardless when people start dropping like flies. Punishment: ridicule by the rest of the world who did it right for the rest of their existence.
    Rutte's an all-around shitbag from what I've been reading lately. At least he's making it plain for everyone to see. Along with Bolsonaro, more like Bozonaro.

Fuck them all, notice there are very few politicians, actors, billionaires, or sports stars amongst the mounting pile of victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster
    The Chinese peasants and education system, and by extension the Chinese government. Surely they know by now that eating badly cooked animals can cause global epidemics, especially after the last 5 epidemics they caused the past 100 years? Apparently not. Extra bad boy points to the Chinese government that tried and continue to cover everything up. Punishment: mandatory increase in health standards. It's cruel, but even they have to learn one day that eating raw fucking rats they caught in sewers with fur and everything is bad for ya.
    That is just such a load of misguided bullcrap. It is mindboggling even for April 1. Go back to doing embarrassing things with sheep, and stop reading the sort of sites that lead to this: https://news.yahoo.com/stabbing-asia...190324496.html
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    That is just such a load of misguided bullcrap. It is mindboggling even for April 1. Go back to doing embarrassing things with sheep, and stop reading the sort of sites that lead to this: https://news.yahoo.com/stabbing-asia...190324496.html
    First off, sheep? Pray tell what're you implying with that?

Second, his phrasing wasn't how it should be said, but there is very valid room for criticism of wet markets and bush meat consumption in China and other parts of Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Do you need me to fall down to the level of showing you the myriads of videos of Chinese eating raw rodents?

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, ridiculous theater in Finland.

Some backstory: last weekend there were news that the president of Finland, Sauli Niinistö, had suggested forming a "fist group" to combat the coronavirus and handle the situation. The prime minister, Sanna Marin, declined the president's suggestion and said no such group is necessary and one shouldn't question the capability of the experts and government handling the crisis now (I'm paraphrasing here, not the exact wording). So, Marin didn't like Niinistö questioning the capabilities of the all-female quintet government.

Just now today, the government is holding a press conference where they told that they have "reorganized" the group handling the crisis and new "task force" has been created.

So she had to bend the knee after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, ridiculous theater in Finland.

Some backstory: last weekend there were news that the president of Finland, Sauli Niinistö, had suggested forming a "fist group" to combat the coronavirus and handle the situation. The prime minister, Sanna Marin, declined the president's suggestion and said no such group is necessary and one shouldn't question the capability of the experts and government handling the crisis now (I'm paraphrasing here, not the exact wording). So, Marin didn't like Niinistö questioning the capabilities of the all-female quintet government.

Just now today, the government is holding a press conference where they told that they have "reorganized" the group handling the crisis and new "task force" has been created.

So she had to bend the knee after all.
    One of the few upsides in this crisis is it shows who can govern and who cannot, once the health crisis is over and the economic crisis starts to happen its when you see the real winners come forth. But if you are screwing up right now on something that isn't divisive at all that takes a real special case.

Few perks this has, that is if no power plays are made as in Hungary where there is no opposition to speak off.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00965-x
    "Coronavirus lockdowns have changed the way Earth moves

A reduction in seismic noise because of changes in human activity is a boon for geoscientists."

Do you need me to fall down to the level of showing you the myriads of videos of Chinese eating raw rodents?
    Still, you can criticize without being insulting. Ultimately, the biggest victims of the CCP and Chinese system are the Chinese people. The Chinese leadership deserves all the criticism they get, but leave the folks out of this. It's like a lot of other idiot Europeans blaming all of us Greeks for the actions of banks and politicians. Wet markets, inconsistent food standards, and bush meat are big issues in a lot of the developing world.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the Finnish ministers in the briefing looks drowsy and sick.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia has sent an aid plane to the US.

INB4 Trojan Horse.

Care to make up more bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    Care to make up more bullshit?
    Didn't he claim herd immunity in his first announcement he made, with restrictions following a week afterwards?