Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just want to say this concept is pretty much perfect and I see a lot of complaining responses so I'm going to counter argue them.

1. "Too many elves" - Guys, nagas having elf form is like worgen having human form. You will literally only see the elves when on mounts or if they press the change form racial. I know some people would prefer they just curl their snake tails into the saddle of a mount but can you imagine how ridiculous that would look on some mounts like Gryphons.

2. "Elf form looks too similar to highbourne" - they are supposed to be. I think the version that looks the most elvish is actually the best one because it fits the lore explanation. It's a gift from elune, showing her compassion for these reformed naga. Additionally, it's this elven form that would probably enable people like tyrande to see them as people, not monsters . If they still looked like monsters, it wouldn't be much of a gift would it? Additionally, they aren't being cured of their naga curse, it's just an act of kindness to be able to partially have part of the person they once were back for temporary amounts of time. Not only so they can feel a bit better about themselves, but also so they can be accepted by others.

3. "Naga with legs would be better" - personally I think naga with legs would look ridiculous. However, personal beliefs aside, a naga with legs kind of defeats the purpose and desire for the race. Their most distinctive feature is their snake like body.

4. "Colour scheme is bad and looks to much like other elves" - guys, please use some inginuity. Obviously this could just be ONE skin colour option for the naga. U could have green, blue, green and blue, blue and green, blue and purple and so on. And yes, this would make your elf form green and so fourth as well.

The Only thing I would change about this concept is the alliance only part. I would make them neutral. Perhaps in the starting zone, the nazdorei rebellion find ship wrecked alliance AND horde and they all have to join together just to survive the oncoming naga forces and at the end when the rescue teams come looking for the sailors, they agree to bring the nazdorei with them back to their respective capital cities to be judged by their leaders on whether they can join the factions or not. However the rescue team captains make it clear you must pick a side, "them or us". Half of the naga npcs would think horde are the best fit, and half would think alliance are the best fit, similar to the pandaren huojin and tuishi. Once you pick, you sail off with them and then your scene with Tyrande and Maiev plays out (for alliance) and a similar scene could play out for horde with lor'themar and Thalyssra.

The other thing is I don't really think these are allied race material. I think they are new race material. They can add to that very small neutral banner.
    Last edited by Wowcon; 2020-03-31 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    What I wouldn't do to play these... Gorgeous concept art as well. Would love if we got those hairstyles for regular Night Elves too.
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Holy shit. I just saw this thread. Amazing concept art. 10/10. I hope Blizzard reads forums and feedback...

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't like 1 thing out of this concept. Them being Alliance only. I think Naga should 100% be neutral or I'd be mad as hell.
    Thanks for the support bud, I believe they could indeed end up being neutral / available to both factions if there was enough justification for it

Quote Originally Posted by Wowcon View Post
    snip
    Thank you so much for the kind words and your support! I appreciate the fact that you registered to mmoc just to write your message and to compliment my work.

Also, making Nazdorei neutral isn't a bad idea at all! Many people share this opinion with you and even I see few pros and how could the story benefit from "naga" joining both factions.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2020-04-01 at 09:51 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

This thread is still going? It's a fine race concept but you shouldn't call them "Naga" or anything close to them. Naga are naga, not elves.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I would work on the female naga faces, right now they just look transposed without the human hair.

Add some gills or some shit to make them look fishy.

Seems cool. I'd rather them being in their naga form all the time though!

Also:

What's up with the male transforming into some kind of dragon form of him self while the female transform her body from the waist and below? Why isn't the female form a propper dragon looking one with mor muscles and large sharp fangs etc or why's the male not transformed like the female? I know nagas are kinda that way. To be fair, it's sexism. The female stays sexy with here perfect face and breasts while the male becomes some kind of creature. I'm not saying they should not be sexy, I just think they should be equaly sexy. Then I might be totally wrong, maybe you out there who find males hot think the draconic naga version of a male is extremely hot and that's fine.

So question to OP:
    If it's your images (which to be honest are very good), could you make a draconic female version and a mermaid male version? Would be cool to see
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

^ I'd rather go the Worgen approach and when in beast form, make them look like fucking beasts, not some puppies you want to have a furry sexual fantasy with.

When I first saw the female form in Cata I was like "why the hell is it so beautiful?". Her eyes looked like something out of a Disney movie, soft and loving.
    And the first version of the males and their puppy fangs, good christ.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post

snip.
    love this art. I was against Naga being playable largely because of the armor but i never considered shapeshifting oddly enough. I mean we have lore around the Worgen transforming back and forth, Naga might be a bit trickier unless it has something to do with Elune restoring their form? which is possible I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Seems cool. I'd rather them being in their naga form all the time though!

Also:

What's up with the male transforming into some kind of dragon form of him self while the female transform her body from the waist and below? Why isn't the female form a propper dragon looking one with mor muscles and large sharp fangs etc or why's the male not transformed like the female? I know nagas are kinda that way. To be fair, it's sexism. The female stays sexy with here perfect face and breasts while the male becomes some kind of creature. I'm not saying they should not be sexy, I just think they should be equaly sexy. Then I might be totally wrong, maybe you out there who find males hot think the draconic naga version of a male is extremely hot and that's fine.

So question to OP:
    If it's your images (which to be honest are very good), could you make a draconic female version and a mermaid male version? Would be cool to see
    Because that's how Naga have always looked? The males have always looked like aquatic dragons while the females retained some of their elven looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!
    Just because it ticks so many people off so much, let's have as many elves as possible.
    Seriously kid, if you hate elves so much you better stay away from the TES universe, or you'll have a heart attack.

Because that's how Naga have always looked? The males have always looked like aquatic dragons while the females retained some of their elven looks.
    I agree. This is just feminist provocation. However, I would give females additional arms.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing art!
    Don't think I want Naga's though.

Yeah, I know. I've never thought much of it but when put together in the picture above it sparked my curiosity of how a naga female would look if gone for the male apperance or vise versa.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea and hope it's added. They look great and their racials are perfect. Very creative on the jokes and flirts too! Perhaps the whole elven form thing could be an illusion they learnt from Azshara?

Personally, I don't think they should be neutral as some people have suggested. First, I don't think Blizz likes the idea. And secondly, the storyline here of them joining the Alliance makes sense. It would also be a good opportunity to give the Horde ogres to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    I like it, but that means we have to pull some more horde elves out of nowhere.

Light elves?
    It would be a fun idea, but if you had to add another horde elf race, it'd be Baensidhe aka: Banshee's who possess male and female elven corpses in order to rebirth them as Dark Rangers, which could work.

Shouldn't come as a surprise but I'm all for being able to play as Naga and any concepts built around it. It would be wonderful if they did add them - especially if they added a transformation aspect to it that you could go in and out of freely. They probably would be a Horde race, but it's possible they'd be a neutral choice race just like the Pandaren; unfortunately Blizzard hates that now, which is baffling.

Their classes though? Surely they'd be basically anything but Monk, DH and maybe Paladins.

Wow. I really want to play, I feel a pity.

Wow, I want to try it in real game!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    More a fan of just Naga.. they look like recolored nightborne female and night elf male with some fins glued on.

True naga, no elf form and just sidesaddle mount animation.

Go blizz!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    More a fan of just Naga.. they look like recolored nightborne female and night elf male with some fins glued on.

True naga, no elf form and just sidesaddle mount animation.

Go blizz!
    They must have legs, Blizzard can't afford to hire good animator to recreate coiling snake tail that would grab onto Horse mounts! LMAO greedy shits

And more powerful Naga is able to maintain their old humanoid form for brief moment, but i doubt we gonna get "powerful" nagas as playable.

At best its gonna work like Worgens, out of combat elf form for horse and bestial incombat monster form.

Rip to Setherak allied race, helmets for big neck is too hard to make.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-12-22 at 03:58 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    They must have legs, Blizzard can't afford to hire good animator to recreate coiling snake tail that would grab onto Horse mounts! LMAO greedy shits
    then nvm the infamous playable Naga race... it's 2022 soon ofc they can. We need them in all it's glory.. no budget stuff like elf form cus we can't make sideasaddle work.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-12-23 at 02:11 PM.