Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You know it's bad when the only glimpse of new stuff is fucking April's fools joke on Wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you this but you skipped out on one of WoW's best expansions. You shouldn't use numbers and statistics to base whether or not something is good and enjoyable.
    I didn't use statistics in my decision as there were none at the time. The theme plays major role for me and I don't enjoy it in Pandaria. I did like the Shieldwall Alliance campaign, which I went back to do.

What I'm saying is that despite it being largely viewed as a good expansion now, MoP pushed massive number of people away, myself included. Later WoD was so shallow that even people who didn't like MoP (me), would admit it's better.

So I hope Shadowlands isn't so shallow that we say BfA is better in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Didn't MoP cost 4 million subs, continued to drop and only spiked up at WoD hyped launch?
    I quit and skipped the entire Panda expansion and would do it again.

We don't know what numbers we are dealing with now but Pandaria only got appreciated much later and mostly in light of WoD being an empty expansion.

I'm also afraid something like this might happen with Shadowlands and BfA. BfA is content heavy and Shadowlands appears rather shallow.
    We don't know exact numbers but we know Blizzard's financial performance due to their quarterly results. And they haven't been worse in the last years than during "peak" BfA (=2019). Q1-Q3 2019 have been abysmal for them especially when it comes to profit. Pretty sure we're way down MoPs/WoDs lowest sub numbers right now. And that even with Classic (still) being highly successful.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

So little of it was presented at Blizzcon and what they did show wasn't really anything too interesting. Also, datamines are a source of major hype, so when the stuff is encrypted it's obvious we pay no attention. Personally I'm quite fatigued with the game too.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Well, 2 of the last 3 expansions are considered the 2 worst ones from many players (I would even say: most likely from most players).
    There are even a lot of people who say BfA is worse than WoD. It does not matter if this is objectively true or not, the fact that this is apparently not a rare opinion is a good indicator of how disappointed players have been for the last years.

Blizzard failed dramatically with WoD but redeemed themselves with Legion. Everybody thought they had learned their lessons but then BfA came and the trust is now completely gone.

In addition to that there is basically no info about the expansion at all and what we have seen looks cool in some cases in regards to the artwork, but thats all. People are already dreading the new reputation progress system that is coming and given how badly horrific visions have been received there is a lot of "fear" going around that they will basically be the blueprint for Thorgast which means for a lot of people it will be dead on arrival.

That in combination with the trailer that rubbed a lot of people really the wrong way with how completely overpowered Sylvanas was and what a wimp had become of Bolvar are IMO the main reasons why there is no hype at all.

Oh yeah and the fact that we will most likely have to wait till 2021 anyway (which will not be entirely Blizzards fault of course, fuck Corona).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The lack of recent info about Shadowlands probably has to do with the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Yeah, I mean I get that a lot of players don't actually go outside much, but apparently they don't watch the news either.

I mean come on, seriously with some folk that start threads like this.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

I'm sorry to tell you this but you skipped out on one of WoW's best expansions. You shouldn't use numbers and statistics to base whether or not something is good and enjoyable.
    lol now i've heard it all, one of wow's best expansions, seriously

their first raid was literally 2 platforms and 3 bosses, it made Trial of the Crusader look like Ulduar.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't use statistics in my decision as there were none at the time. The theme plays major role for me and I don't enjoy it in Pandaria. I did like the Shieldwall Alliance campaign, which I went back to do.

What I'm saying is that despite it being largely viewed as a good expansion now, MoP pushed massive number of people away, myself included. Later WoD was so shallow that even people who didn't like MoP (me), would admit it's better.

So I hope Shadowlands isn't so shallow that we say BfA is better in comparison.
    uh oh don't mention the theme it just means you hate pandas you're so close minde arhmahgeeeddd

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't MoP cost 4 million subs, continued to drop and only spiked up at WoD hyped launch?
    I quit and skipped the entire Panda expansion and would do it again.

We don't know what numbers we are dealing with now but Pandaria only got appreciated much later and mostly in light of WoD being an empty expansion.

I'm also afraid something like this might happen with Shadowlands and BfA. BfA is content heavy and Shadowlands appears rather shallow.
    are u saying bfa is better than mop?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post

their first raid was literally 2 platforms and 3 bosses, it made Trial of the Crusader look like Ulduar.
    Yes, I firmly believe and have stated many times that MoP was an amazing expansion. Some of the best art and story have come out of it.

And what are you even talking about "first raid"? Is there a problem with having small raids at the start? I seem to recall Wrath having only developed two small 1 boss raids while recycling an old raid at the beginning.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not skipping the open alpha. That would go against Bellular's predictions. The open alpha has simply been heavily delayed because Shadowlands is looking to be a train wreck. Let's hope they're delaying it to add good features or make good class changes. Probs won't happen though.
    Idk if you know but bellular gets shit wrong literally all the time. He made an entire video about the flooding of mulgore, till I had to point out to him that it's a simple part of the map making progress. Cause inform crater was also "flooded" when they were making silithus for BFA.

He has also been wrong on so many other predictions. There is a reason people call him click bait, and I make top 10s come on.

And no, blizz themselves in and interview said open beta would be coming soon. So that seems the most likely, but who knows. We MAY get an open alpha soon.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

uh oh don't mention the theme it just means you hate pandas you're so close minde arhmahgeeeddd
    The first raid of mop? What are you talking about "2 platforms. 3 bosses" NONE of the landmarks raids are 2 platforms, 3 bosses. Why are you making up shit?

Also trial of the crusader was literally 1 room for all but the last boss, so how does this made up raid of yours with 2 platforms and 3 bosses make that look like uldaluar?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The first raid of mop? What are you talking about "2 platforms. 3 bosses" NONE of the landmarks raids are 2 platforms, 3 bosses. Why are you making up shit?
    I think he's talking about Terrace of Endless Spring. Why it's a bad thing I have no clue.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I firmly believe and have stated many times that MoP was an amazing expansion. Some of the best art and story have come out of it.

And what are you even talking about "first raid"? Is there a problem with having small raids at the start? I seem to recall Wrath having only developed two small 1 boss raids while recycling an old raid at the beginning.
    This too. Idk what raid he's talking about. There is not. Raid in mop with 3 bosses. And if the first raid being small is bad. Well wotlk started with 4 raids that only had 1 boss. One of them was literally just a copy paste from vanilla. It also had a raid that was just an entire copy/paste from vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's talking about Terrace of Endless Spring. Why it's a bad thing I have no clue.
    Terrace had 3 platforms and 4 bosses. And was NOT the first raid. It was the third in the initial 3 launch raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Honestly analyzing the progression of SL from its announcement to now, the situation leaves me worried.
    The information given during the blizzcon are very few and very vague and still beyond that shown nothing is really known.
    The fact that 6 alpha builds are encrypted gives me the impression that you want to hide something.
    I'm not saying that they have to bring out public alpha but at least 6 months after the announcement, giving us more detailed information on what the new expansion will be would be a good thing.

I’m so disgusted by this community lately, your all thinking to personal,

The disaster expansion that killed wow and created a fucking terrible path for the future is legion, theirs pretty much NOTHING good about that expansion.

MOP was definitely one of the better expansions, and of people go off by numbers, im sorry hut EVERY expansion has a drop off at some point, doesnt immediatly make an expansion shit, what makes an expansion shit is what systems are in place, hoe the content is. And the only good thing in legion were dungeons and nighthold, but at the same time the replayabbilty is the most dogshit thing ever introduced period.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

are u saying bfa is better than mop?
    I'm saying I hope Shadowlands isn't worse than BfA

I think the general gaming community has abandoned hope for Blizzard in general. Sadly the company is dead. Everything they do is trash and panders to California Liberalism.

We need to see what is coming first. Im mostly thinking about the tower.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because not even Alpha is out yet... The hype train will begin then and it will be cruising when Beta comes out

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not skipping the open alpha. That would go against Bellular's predictions. The open alpha has simply been heavily delayed because Shadowlands is looking to be a train wreck. Let's hope they're delaying it to add good features or make good class changes. Probs won't happen though.
    I am literally laughing at your basing an argument around 'Bellular says a thing'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Can this user be deleted? Idiots shouldnt be allowed to have an opinion when facts are on the table, the first raid was mogu shan vaults, which had more then 6 bosses.

The raid yourreferring to had 4 bosses and 3 platforms. You cant be taken serious lol