Cool Pony's Paladin Xmog Thread

So yeah I'm a total Xmog-a-holic and figured I'd start sharing the stuff I came up with somewhere more visible. I've helped some folks here or there over the years, and truly enjoy meeting other dressing room addicts in game to show what we've came up with. That's what this thread is for really.

Please play nice. If you like what you see, I'd definitely like to see you post pictures of your toon in the garb with any subtle changes you decided to go with. If you've come up with something you wish to share, please post in similar fashion with front/back image, alternatives to what you chose, and an About section giving further insight/details.

In general I try to adhere to the following self imposed guidelines:
    - Not use a complete set, but mix multiple sets.
    - Use items from different expansions.
    - As a bonus I usually try and pick a mount that matches it.
    - Tabard or cloak is optional, depending on the look and theme I'm going for.

May I present the Holy Champion of Azeroth Paladin Xmog:

Alternative Items Besides the Holy Warrior set:
    Shoulders
    - Wild Gladiator's Plate Pauldrons
    - Shoulderguards of Indomitable Purpose

Gloves
    - Windblade Talons (these actually go with the war boots better)
    - Talonguard Gloves w/ Softscar Armplates (if you wanna go finger-less glove style)
    - Immonar's Demi-Gauntlets (if you want to go with a more bulky look and coincide with the boots better)

Boots
    - Ice-Scored Treads
    - Sollerets of Instability

About:
    This came as inspiration based off an xmog that was similar to this I saw someone trying to make work and then just took it further. I've also since the start of BFA been trying to make an Xmog that actually worked with the colors and theme of the Champions of Azeroth tabard - something truly 'other-worldly' or 'celestial' in look. The new version 3 of the BFA lego cloak really brought this one together. Definitely recommend trying it out in game.

More to come!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Vanguard Protector Xmog:

About:
    Had a female tauren and was just not enjoying the 'running in slow motion' animation. Always made me feel like I was lagging despite having her since Legion start. Her audios are also very quiet and you can't really hear them other than the grunts. So was looking for a new race and already have a belf. Additionally her transmog options were really limited. Started playing with female troll, already had a lower male troll I had put on hold. Put this together on a temporary toon and completely sold me on race changing.

This mog uses a Legion legendary apparance for the morningstar/shield. Shoulder, belt, hands, cloak, and boots are all M-ABT paladin gear. Helm is from WoD gladiator set. Chest and legs are the vanilla Vanguard set.

It has the added benefit of matching perfectly with the Highlord's Golden Charger Legion Paladin class mount.:

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    First set is pretty solid.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpony View Post
    In general I try to adhere to the following self imposed guidelines:
    - Not use a complete set, but mix multiple sets.
    - Use items from different expansions.
    - As a bonus I usually try and pick a mount that matches it.
    - Tabard or cloak is optional, depending on the look and theme I'm going for.
    ^_^

You and I have the same transmog rules!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Naaru Avian Elite (Protector version) Paladin Xmog (Female Alliance Only):

Alternatives:
    Enchants
    - Mark of Shadowmoon or Netherflame work equally
    - *Works nicely in Retribution spec as well using the Lustrous Eventide Greatsword or Voror, Gleaming Blade of the Stalwart (pink LFR version).

Weapon
    - Wild Gladiator's Slicer (matches the plate bikini part more)
    - Luminous Edge of Virtue (pink LFR version)
    - Anzu's Scything Talon (punches up the feather/bird motif more)
    - Continuum Blade (if you want a more ethereal vibe)
    - Pilfered Ethereal Blade (ditto)

Shield
    - Sentinel's Bulwark (a sound alternative)
    * I personally prefer round shields on Paladins since when thrown it becomes a circular shield of light, but the Sentinel's looks fantastic with it, obviously since it was designed to go with major pieces of it.

Race
    - Non-Horde mog. Boots, belt, and gloves are all alliance specific.
    - Light-skinned races it doesn't look so well on.
    - Female Dark Iron Dwarves can make it work with right skin body options, but need change the belt to Girdle of Many Blessings. This allows you to still show off the curves/bikini without it being blanketed by the "belt ties" they seem to wear that just look absurd and drag on the ground.
    - Lightforged can naturally make it work rather well, but their tattoos can detract from it, and they don't have a dark enough skin hue to make it look as good. I actually put together a better bikini mog that emphasizes these elements instead (see below).

About:
    This is hands down my most complimented Xmog, both currently, and of all time (male and female players alike). Perfectly matches the Legion Class mount, Highlord's Vigilant Charger. Pick a haircut that shows off a bit of saucey-ness... half covered half na-na-naked to compliment this one or go with a braided warrior-ess look. You want to sell the Amazon Warrior vibe for sure.

Royal Naaru Elite (Protector version) Paladin Xmog (Female Alliance Only):

Alternatives:
    Belt
    - This outfit needs a belt. Otherwise the 'tattoo illusion' gives the implication that she's showing off a shaved pubic region. Bright Yellow version of the belt works good too.
    - Other belts just don't work tbh.

About:
    This one was made with the intent to show off the Lightforged tattoos and make it the theme of the entire Xmog, while also clearly showing the draenei/gem roots mixed with the Light ingrained in their being with the yellow. The trick with this one is to use a light skin tone of that race that matches the white areas of the pants and legs, making it look like they are extensive tattoos as well, or that they are at least cut out leggings/boots. But it's all just an illusion. Although the yellow chest and the yellow pants aren't exactly the same, the contrast of color is replicated with the pink hues with the axe weapon and parts of the helm, and a little in the belt. So you have a double dual contrast which brings it all together and makes it work despite the differences.

The Lightbringer (Retribution version) Paladin Xmog (Female Alliance only): Aka the "Sveedish Mog!"

Weapon
    - 7th Legion Claymore goes very well with it as an alternative, use Coldlight enchant if you do to make it work, but seriously, if ya gotta go, go with a smi... err ashbringer!

Races
    - Sorry Hordies, alliance specific gear here (belt and boots).
    - Can work on other Alliance races.

About:
    Show off that As...shbringer! A true warrior-ess mog! All outa gum, just here to kick ash! No gloves xmog utilizing the heroic bracers from vanilla to go with BFA, Legion, more vanilla, and MoP gear! Look at the way the Lightforged tats go with the yellow highlights. I was a big fan of the heroic dungeon gear in vanilla, so to bring the theme back with a significant upgrade to it, results in one of my personal favorite mogs. Gets a lot of stop, back up, pause for a sec, run passed you again folks.

Like the Holy Vanguard Protector xmog above, it matches perfectly with the Highlord's Golden Charger Legion Paladin class mount.
    Last edited by Deathpony; 2020-03-29 at 11:09 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Please don't, I'm not sure I can stomach this dude's low rez slutmogs spammed in there
    I actually prefer my LarryFromHumanResources non-visible because I like my Larrys to be as little LarryFromHumanResources as possible,

PS> The low res and green hue is your 640x480 monochrome monitor from 1970. See PaulFromIT for an upgrade east of the Blue Mountains. As you journey with your Bard or Battlemage friend beware of the hostile orcs with lack of tusk options wearing tights, frilly shirts, and poofy pants warring over Skype with elven space cowboys wielding flaming revolvers and sharp colorful nails.

So what's the point of this thread other than self promotion? Do you think your transmogs are so fantastic, that they need their own little thread? Cringy.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So what's the point of this thread other than self promotion? Do you think your transmogs are so fantastic, that they need their own little thread? Cringy.
    Yes, my mogshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, they're better than yours. Damn right. I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Jesus lol they're just bad slutmogs, no need to get so upset
    Simply using your own posts elsewhere and mashing them together. Surprised you didn't notice. You have some 'interesting' tastes and thought combining them together was rather humorous personally.

Anyways, moving on.
    Higher res images from here out, tho I can't realistically play with these options turned on, can take screen shots. And now that I have the slutmogs out of the way, continuing...

King's Defender (Protector version) :

Alternatives:

Helm
    - Crown of the Silver Hand (equally valid option, might be preferred by some, especially if you don't have a race with a decorated pony tail/mohawk)
    - Manacrystal-Adorned Helmet (if you prefer a more 'sentinel' look)
    - Violet Guardian's Faceguard (looks especially good on Tauren)
    - Eventide Casque (obviously since it is part of the chest/leg/boots combo - but least recommended)

Weapons:
    - Luminous Edge of Virtue and Barricade of Purifying Resolve (yellow versions of both)

About:
    - This mog started out on a female tauren using the Violet Guardian's Faceguard. I only use the mythic Lightbringer's Crown on trolls with this particular haircut, since I like the way it looks. Otherwise on other races I'll use the Silver Hand helm.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thunder King Acolyte (Protector version):

Enchant:
    - Colossus (keeps the blue hue theme while giving electro-sparky-ness)

About:
    Whelp... wanna be covered in electricity and proclaim ignorance when asked about the Isle of Thunder, here's your mog! The weapon (from enchant), shield, belt, and helm all constantly spark with electricity. The rest of the outfit is the 'conductors'. The way the shoulders go up and down further adds to the 'power' motif.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lich King Acolyte (Protector Version):

Enchants:
    - Avalanche

About:
    - Both the shield and the weapon appearance/enchants constantly drip frost/snow, and as you run around you leave a snowy trail from the overlap. Goes perfectly with the Ironbound Wraithcahrger mount. Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher works very well too, just not 'as well' because the blues of the mount are softer and not as pronounced. The dark areas on the chest and legs help the other items to pop even more vs wearing the mythic DK items here from ABT, which causes it all to kinda blend together. It also means you'd need to use the matching boots from that set. With this setup the chest/legs help blend seamlessly into the darker boots, which then compliment other areas of the mog, namely the small super bright cyan gem areas.
    Last edited by Deathpony; 2020-04-02 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering there's already an existing Paladin transmog megathread, I'll be closing this.