10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Trump just created a new law.
    Whoever has the virus, go to jail, not hospital.

This helped a lot.
    Source? Because Trump could never pass a law like that on his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    If they pay, I don't see why people wouldn't jump at the opportunity. Having money is better than having no money.
    The problem in Germany is, that you have enough money to survive even w/o a job.
    Working minimum wage barely gets the people more than the would get from welfare, at the expense of all the hassle and restrictions that having a job brings.

So a lot of people aren't eager to get minimum wage jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The problem in Germany is, that you have enough money to survive even w/o a job.
    Working minimum wage barely gets the people more than the would get from welfare, at the expense of all the hassle and restrictions that having a job brings.

So a lot of people aren't eager to get minimum wage jobs.
    So the idea actually is, if you refuse on not valid grounds you stand to lose your unemployment. I am however speaking of long term.

People also dislike working as fruitpicker as you generally get paid not hourly but by quantity, at least that was the way when i was younger more than a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Source? Because Trump could never pass a law like that on his own.
    ….It was a pretty obviously joke. Not least because of the reason you listed.

----------------

With all of the sunny weather my hayfever is starting to kick in, so I'm sure I'll be getting some dirty looks at work the rest of the week. If I start having my coughing/sneezing fits I think I'm going to have to stay home until they subside just to avoid panicking my coworkers.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-04-01 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portugal current situation:
    59457 suspected cases
    20275 cases under authorities vigilance
    4957 waiting for lab result
    8251 confirmed cases
    808 cases in the last 24h (minus 227 then yeasterday)
    187 deaths
    27 deaths in the last 24h
    726 at hospital
    230 in ICU

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/wp-cont...04/i026123.pdf

EDIT:
    Remember its fool's day, none of this oficial data can be trusted. Happy fool's day to everyone.
    Sorry i had to make the joke.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2020-04-01 at 12:20 PM.

Great reply and retort, I'll mark it for future historians.
    Please do, because it is hard to see calling for execution of a bunch of people on internet as anything other than edgy.
    Also, executions do not prevent anything.

My point is that Rutte didn't have armchair experts like me, he had established people telling him to contain this thing, yet he chose not to at first. Like I said in my post, he did the right thing a week too late. I'm not completely clueless btw, I'm a MSc who knows a thing or two about plant cell morphology and physiology, and viruses are a pretty interesting topic of conversation. Yet even the biggest idiot knows that fast containment is the only thing that works, plus everything concerning RNA viruses in the past has been well documented to prevent bad decisions.

Despite all that, bad decisions were made to preserve momentary currency flow.
    He chose not to? You really need to stop making stuff up. So far it looks that the measures taken have been working, but it is still way too early to tell. A so called lock down a week earlier would still have lead to the amount of infections/deaths. Belgium went into a lockdown, yet they surpassed us at the amount of infections. Which also demonstrates that numbers don't mean anything and people should stop comparing. I know in hindsight everything is easy to judge, especially on a gaming forum where all the experts seem to be hanging out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to keep beating on the dead horse.

Finland: new cases decreasing for five days in a row. Zero deaths today.

Sweden: new cases increasing every day. 59 new deaths.

So yeah, Sweden, you are handling it FUCKING GREAT.

Mostly aimed this venting at the Swedish posters here defending the idiocy their country is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Mostly aimed this venting at the Swedish posters here defending the idiocy their country is doing.
    Lol! I think a lot of posters come here to vent. And it only disturbs those who care what the opinions of others is. Other wise, it is a way I suppose for some to feel good.

And good to hear your country to doing well with the virus. Hope you continue to do so.

Meanwhile, your big neighbor is sending a plane load of stuff to help us here in the US with this pandemic. Which is good and I for one, am thankful for any help.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    First off, sheep? Pray tell what're you implying with that?

Second, his phrasing wasn't how it should be said, but there is very valid room for criticism of wet markets and bush meat consumption in China and other parts of Asia.
    You really believe this virus originated from eating a bat/rat or who knows what else???

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Meanwhile, your big neighbor is sending a plane load of stuff to help us here in the US with this pandemic. Which is good and I for one, am thankful for any help.
    They probably just sent the doctor who shook Putin's hand.

i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They probably just sent the doctor who shook Putin's hand.

Lol! Well, it is understandable you feel that way about a big neighbor your country has had to deal with up close and personally.

And handshaking is not going away. One can safely handshake if one does not touch their face afterwards until they can wash their hands. People need to stop picking their noses so much. :P
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Sweden has a population density 12 times lower than the United Kingdom yet you've managed to infect more people per million than them too. That, and because you've delayed strict social distancing, its a certainty that you've prolonged this.

What criteria are you using to decide that Sweden is managing this better than other countries? Because where I'm sitting, it looks like the opposite.
    UK numbers are unreliable and don't add up.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweden is managing this worse by far than any other Nordic country.

And this negligence affects Finland, too. There are infections leaking into Finland from Sweden, especially in the north.

Also, I have lots of relatives in Sweden so I'd like them to stay alive, thank you.
    Except not. I doubt many Swedes move through the north into Finland because there is almost no one living up there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Except not. I doubt many Swedes move through the north into Finland because there is almost no one living up there.
    There's a lot of commuting between the countries.

So much that Sweden is actually afraid of Finland closing the border, because it could destroy the health care in northern Sweden. More than 200 doctors and nurses cross the border from Finland to Sweden every day.

It's business as usual here, I don't mind it but to be fair we can't help that our government is doing what they do we just have to roll with it.

Our government is not exactly known for great decisions, I never voted for them though but still have to live with them.

I wouldn't mind if people started quarantine as there would be less people outside and that would be pretty sweet, only place I notice less people is on the train to and from work.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-04-01 at 01:18 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to be careful when they read about those who have the virus with no symptoms, that can be a misleading statement.

You can test positive without symptoms. It does not mean you are in the clear. Testimony from who have or had gone through the virus report no symptoms to sudden very noticeable issues.

I don't think people are being purposely misleading when they say you can experience no symptoms, but that could lead some to believe they can take their chances with the virus.

Healthcare workers are also dying. Don't be stupid.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

It's not only Swedes, it's people in general. When the mind can't comprehend it made a horrible mistake, its only solution is to keep perpetuating justifications for it until the bitter end.

It takes a special mind to actually admit its mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    People need to be careful when they read about those who have the virus with no symptoms, that can be a misleading statement.

You can test positive without symptoms. It does not mean you are in the clear. Testimony from who have or had gone through the virus report no symptoms to sudden very noticeable issues.

I don't think people are being purposely misleading when they say you can experience no symptoms, but that could lead some to believe they can take their chances with the virus.

Healthcare workers are also dying. Don't be stupid.
    A decently sized chunk of the global population hasn't even grasped what an epidemic can do. The worst perpetrators are the asymptomatic 20somethings who can't handle staying inside. They go around infecting everyone they meet, and 2 weeks later their grandparents and their friends' grandparents are in the hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So the idea actually is, if you refuse on not valid grounds you stand to lose your unemployment.
    If you refuse job offers, me thinks, they cut you money, yes.
    But people find plenty a way to "not be chosen by the employer" and thus game the system quite successfully.

I hope, given the prospect of a food shortage (IF it comes to that), out state will enforce harsher rules.
    I rather have people working jobs they don't want than our crops going to waste.
    They can feel "discriminated" all they want. Food on the table >> some unemployed dudes feels.

UK numbers are in, 563 deaths in the last 24h, 2352 total
    confirmed cases: 29474

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes a special mind to actually admit its mistakes.
    Just an objective and dispassionate one, to be honest.