Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Please do, because it is hard to see calling for execution of a bunch of people on internet as anything other than edgy.
    Also, executions do not prevent anything.
    I agree and would go further and say that executions and other extremely regressive means are even counter-productive.

If someone makes a mistake you want them to admit it, so that it can be fixed. If you say that they will be executed they will try to cover it up - hoping that it will go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    He chose not to? You really need to stop making stuff up. So far it looks that the measures taken have been working, but it is still way too early to tell. A so called lock down a week earlier would still have lead to the amount of infections/deaths. Belgium went into a lockdown, yet they surpassed us at the amount of infections. Which also demonstrates that numbers don't mean anything and people should stop comparing. I know in hindsight everything is easy to judge, especially on a gaming forum where all the experts seem to be hanging out.
    Rutte's choice was to announce at a progressive manner and in a timely delay new distancing and other regulations like closing down cafes and issuing fines to groups of people, instead of going DEFCON 1 immediately. Like I've said 3 times now, it's kudos to him that he at least adapted to the threat fast, basically admitting his initial approach was wrong despite being a week too late. The signs were there and plenty of counties like Finland etc acted immediately, they are well beyond the inflection point now and the increase in cases is logarithmic. Acting faster by a week equals lessening exponential growth, which could mean dead could have been in the hundreds right now instead of in the thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Rutte's choice was to announce at a progressive manner and in a timely delay new distancing and other regulations like closing down cafes and issuing fines to groups of people, instead of going DEFCON 1 immediately. Like I've said 3 times now, it's kudos to him that he at least adapted to the threat fast, basically admitting his initial approach was wrong despite being a week too late. The signs were there and plenty of counties like Finland etc acted immediately, they are well beyond the inflection point now and the increase in cases is logarithmic. Acting faster by a week equals lessening exponential growth, which could mean dead could have been in the hundreds right now instead of in the thousands.
    Yes, we all know you're the real expert on how to handle these sort of things and how things would have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    Yes, we all know you're the real expert on how to handle these sort of things and how things would have been.
    Oh my god it's worse than arguing with my grandma.

Look at other countries like Finland or Greece, look at their growth compared to yours! Watch the timeline. Open your eyes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Oh my god it's worse than arguing with my grandma.
    Worse, you're arguing with an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Rutte isn't the one to fully blame actually, but he could have prevented a lot of deaths. The real culprit of the Netherlands is the population density. Plus people are very calvinistic and level headed there when dealing with death from what I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I want to keep beating on the dead horse.

Finland: new cases decreasing for five days in a row. Zero deaths today.
    I don't see that based on WHO situation reports or https://www.coronatracker.com/country/fi I assume the WHO data is one day behind:
    31/3: - or 66 new cases
    30/3: 95 or 112 new cases, 2 deaths
    29/3 0 new cases (probably some reporting issue with the day before) or 73, 0 deaths
    28/3 193 or 126 new cases, 2 deaths
    27/3 67 or 83 new cases, 3 deaths
    26/3 78 new cases, 1 death
    25/3 88 new cases, 2 deaths
    24/3 92 new cases, 0 deaths

Not rapidly increasing - but not clearly decreasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I don't see that based on WHO situation reports or https://www.coronatracker.com/country/fi I assume the WHO data is one day behind:
    29/3 0 new cases (probably some reporting issue with the day before) or 73, 0 deaths

Go by week, not by day. What he meant by rapidly decreasing new cases is that the growth is logarithmic, not exponential, which is the only sign of a virus spread subsiding.

Hobby Lobby has decided to defy closure orders. In some states they've been forcefully shutdown.

https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...ports-say.html

Its nice to see a right wing, religious wing nut company try to get people killed. It really shows their pro-life values.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Hobby Lobby has decided to defy closure orders. In some states they've been forcefully shutdown.

Its nice to see a right wing, religious wing nut company try to get people killed. It really shows their pro-life values.
    If only it was them religious nut pastors all around the country are holding service defying orders some are getting arrested some are not. That's not even going into the "cures" they are selling.

Sweden is simply always the go-to for people online to shit on these days. Can't count how many non-Swedes have mocked me for "giving up on the virus"... Excuse me? First of all, I ain't the government. Secondly, they're constantly handling it and reports are given every few minutes. As much as I dislike this government and most of the political parties, at least they're no longer flinging shit across party lines as is their usual MO.

There's nothing to say that the more extreme measures can't backfire as people go back into society and feel confident "it's over".

I guess there's something to be said about people using something like this to feel cocky over...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-04-01 at 02:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

http://www.thl.fi/koronakartta

That's from the official health agency in Finland.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If only it was them religious nut pastors all around the country are holding service defying orders some are getting arrested some are not. That's not even going into the "cures" they are selling.
    We literally had Jehova's Witnesses knock on our door the other night (during raid). I spoke to them via a window by the side of the door, and they told me straight up that Corona is God's punishment and those embracing him would go unscathed.

Then I also happen to know from my Jehova's uncle that they 100% hope for the rapture, so... Unscathed my ass.

I'll stick to quarantine, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Look at how many have recovered...

Why do people say this like it's going to change anything?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Why do people say this like it's going to change anything?
    What I am curious about is whether re-infection is possible and whether the virus mutates fast enough to stick around like Influenza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

Didn't the owner say his wife got a vision from god that told her the stores needed to stay open?

12, 14 and 19 year old died to this, and there's retards around still believing it only affects the elderly meme'ing this the "Boomer Remover"...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    12, 14 and 19 year old died to this, and there's retards around still believing it only affects the elderly meme'ing this the "Boomer Remover"...
    It's a beyond disgusting meme... Probably by idiots not having any loved ones, or they don't understand that their mom and dad might just be boomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Didn't the owner say his wife got a vision from god that told her the stores needed to stay open?
    Yep.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby_Lobby#Coronavirus
    https://www.businessinsider.com/hobb...rom-god-2020-3

10+ Year Old Account
    The media is done playing nice. Stay the Fuck at Home.