From the way the Maw was described it sounded kinda like an even more hostile Timeless isle with no weekly or dailies or world quests of any kind. (Though i still think quests from other zones will ask you to find stuff from there)

It has not really been done before, so it will certainly be interesting to see how it works out when you actually aply it. It will either be boring and you rarely end up going there outside Torghast runs and Legendary crafting, or it will be amazing and feel amazing all the way to 9.2.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So Towelliee is having issues with the new paladin kyrian ability but it seems that seals returning helped the rotation

Love the replacement talents

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's called "The Maw" so... one can still hope. At least it's an endgame zone.
    It is normal for end game zones, be in the beginning of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So Towelliee is having issues with the new paladin kyrian ability but it seems that seals returning helped the rotation

Love the replacement talents
    why does good news happen on april 1st? I want seals so bad but because of the date i know this to be false.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    It is normal for end game zones, be in the beginning of the expansion?
    The only endgame zones we had at the beginning of an expac was Suramar and (I think) Dread Wastes / ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The only endgame zones we had at the beginning of an expac was Suramar and (I think) Dread Wastes / ICC.
    Depends what you mean. Icecrown and Dread Wastes were both leveling zones. IC from 78-80 and Dread Wastes from 89-90. By this logic, Twilight Highlands was similarly an "endgame zone".

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From the way the Maw was described it sounded kinda like an even more hostile Timeless isle with no weekly or dailies or world quests of any kind. (Though i still think quests from other zones will ask you to find stuff from there)

It has not really been done before, so it will certainly be interesting to see how it works out when you actually aply it. It will either be boring and you rarely end up going there outside Torghast runs and Legendary crafting, or it will be amazing and feel amazing all the way to 9.2.
    I feel like we should have a post that explains the Maw better or something.

Based on all the information we know, it's not much like Timeless Isle, because it's not open and doesn't refresh in the way Timeless Isle was.

Instead it's like a procedurally-generated dungeon (obviously in WoW that doesn't necessarily entail narrow corridors and roofs or anything), which contains mobs, and bosses, and puzzles, and so on. You'll find things in it which change your run, and last for the entire run. Some sound like just buffs, others like kiss/curse-type items, and so on. There's no timer/countdown (unlike HVs). You can either fully search levels, or try to go up as many as fast as possible, as you prefer (I suspect there will be bonuses for doing the latter, like Dead Cells). You don't have to fight stuff if you can go around it and so on. You go there to collect anima, and to collect parts to make Legendaries, and it sounds like you can also earn gear (probably in a way more akin to HVs than M+). We don't know what ends your run - presumably death, though I suspect there may be items which give you "lives" or the like (or Shamans would be likely to progress a lot further than others, early on). It has been implied that whilst the lower levels of the tower look rather like Icecrown, higher levels may be much more varied. The Maw will change regularly, with different buffs or kiss/curse stuff applied, on what sounds like a weekly basis (IIRC).

If you play Roguelikes, the best way to imagine is as a sort of intersection of WoW and Dead Cells, or Slay The Spire, or something along those lines.

EDIT - Or is the Maw going to be entirely a separate zone from the Tower of Torghast? I feel like they've been used a bit interchangeably, but that may be a forum thing not a Blizzard thing.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-04-01 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Depends what you mean. Icecrown and Dread Wastes were both leveling zones. IC from 78-80 and Dread Wastes from 89-90. By this logic, Twilight Highlands was similarly an "endgame zone".
    Yeah the only endgame zone was Suramar. ICC and Dread Wastes most people didn't go to until max because they hit max before then, but there was no content there gated by max level as I understand.

Suramar was end game? i though it was Argus

Yeah the only endgame zone was Suramar. ICC and Dread Wastes most people didn't go to until max because they hit max before then, but there was no content there gated by max level as I understand.
    Only real "endgame" content were dailies, whicj were spread out across most the leveling zones. Argent Dawn and Ebon Blade in IC, Frenzyheart/Oracles in Scholazar, Alliance Expedition/Horde Expedition in Borean Tundra, Wyrmrest Accord in Dragonbligjt, Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks, and so on.

Tanaan Jungle kind of fits that criteria

Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    Tanaan Jungle kind of fits that criteria
    Tanaan didnt have end game content upon release. Only in 6.2.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    Suramar was end game? i though it was Argus
    It was endgame for 7.0 and 7.1. It was the zone you kept going back to reliably at max-level to do max-level-only stuff. Broken Shore was then the "endgame" zone in 7.2, then Argus in 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jors View Post
    An illusion, what are you hiding?
    An illusion, what are you implying?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    EDIT - Or is the Maw going to be entirely a separate zone from the Tower of Torghast? I feel like they've been used a bit interchangeably, but that may be a forum thing not a Blizzard thing.
    The Maw is a zone.

Torghast is an instanced gameplay feature.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Login Screen got leaked

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really fucking hope they release the alpha tomorrow.

I really fucking need something joyful to look at right now.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account

should be a big indicator >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    The Login Screen got leaked

its kind pretty

5+ Year Old Account
    Ngl, I'd be alright with that login. Vibing wit it