Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    That 2 weeks was the worst part of Classic. Only good thing about it was that it immediately ended once BGs were released.
    Fair enough, I could definitely see why some people wouldn't like it. But it was the only reason to play for me. The classic world feels empty now while leveling, so i just had to quit. Didn't want to keep playing alone. BFA actually feels more alive now. My friend decided to start playing wow again since she's self isolating, so we decided to boot up our old characters and start leveling together again. The classic zones, outland, and northrend have players running around everywhere. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    The classic world feels empty now while leveling, so i just had to quit.
    You need a bigger server.

I've been leveling up shaman with my friend (warrior) and we constantly see others. Heck, after lvl40 we've had to actually skip quests because it would take too long to finish them with so many others questing or grinding the spots.

Plenty of people in zones 10-40 on both Benediction and Sulfuras. Most willing to group to finish quests. And they are on YOUR server, you
    can friend them, run across them again, or if a douchebag make a note and that guys repuatation will soon precede him.

Whereas, I quit retail about 7 months ago after leveling my main to 110. The number of people running around was meaningless imo- the shared server shards meant 95% of them were from some other nameless server, you would never see them again, and had no reason to interact with them. Very little acceptance
    of group invites when doing quests. It was like walking around downtown in a large city on a work day- sure it was bustling, but there was no interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    You need a bigger server.

I've been leveling up shaman with my friend (warrior) and we constantly see others. Heck, after lvl40 we've had to actually skip quests because it would take too long to finish them with so many others questing or grinding the spots.
    He's not wrong though, the levelling world is empty as fuck. This is coming from Mograine which is a high pop pvp server

Quote Originally Posted by Guddocter View Post
    Plenty of people in zones 10-40 on both Benediction and Sulfuras. Most willing to group to finish quests. And they are on YOUR server, you
    can friend them, run across them again, or if a douchebag make a note and that guys repuatation will soon precede him.

Whereas, I quit retail about 7 months ago after leveling my main to 110. The number of people running around was meaningless imo- the shared server shards meant 95% of them were from some other nameless server, you would never see them again, and had no reason to interact with them. Very little acceptance
    of group invites when doing quests. It was like walking around downtown in a large city on a work day- sure it was bustling, but there was no interaction.
    Leveling to 110 is not retail though. Retail starts at 110. It's this kind of crap that gives the rest of us normal classic players a bad name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    He's not wrong though, the levelling world is empty as fuck. This is coming from Mograine which is a high pop pvp server
    Just started a new alt on one of the busiest servers, and the world is completely dead. Got to mid 30s without interacting with a single other player. I would see the odd person running in the distance, but overall it's dead.

Still able to form groups at 60 though, so not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    BfA is a black hole. A void of nothing.
    No community.
    Can (and will) be played solo and without ever saying a word.

Classic is the one and only good MMORPG of the market.

Facts
    not to mention less players.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah i dunno...maybe that cross realm stuff has something to do with retail not having ques,oh and the little fact that realm capacity is far larger than classic....oh and that there are like a bunch more servers....and i still see ques on my realm (tarren mill) sometimes
    Queues still happen from time to time on retail, but as you said, the game has specifically been designed to avoid that situation. Much larger realms and cross realm tech etc have helped reduce load. I find it so funny that some delusional classic fans brag about their inferior setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    not to mention less players.
    You don't honestly believe classic has more than 10-15% of retails numbers do you?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Queues still happen from time to time on retail, but as you said, the game has specifically been designed to avoid that situation. Much larger realms and cross realm tech etc have helped reduce load. I find it so funny that some delusional classic fans brag about their inferior setup.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't honestly believe classic has more than 10-15% of retails numbers do you?
    Prove it...
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Prove it...
    the number of realms and much less capacity proves it

the number of realms and much less capacity proves it
    Please provide the capacity numbers.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Please provide the capacity numbers.
    #nochanges?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Love how people on both sides of the divide argue live is dead, classic is dead...
    I suspect a lot of players go to wherever the new patch is, I love to pop onto whichever has newer content and since the patches for live and classic are staggered, it works out well.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

#nochanges?
    Ignore her - she goes into every thread making insane claims about classic having twice the players of retail etc, and then when anyone rejects the absolutely ridiculous claim, she demands they provide proof.

Ignore her - she goes into every thread making insane claims about classic having twice the players of retail etc, and then when anyone rejects the absolutely ridiculous claim, she demands they provide proof.
    i dont rly care if it has,its not even that imposible,considering classic is very casual friendly at its endgame,the reason wow became so popular in the first place,it catered to the more casual mmo crowd

i dont rly care if it has,its not even that imposible,considering classic is very casual friendly at its endgame,the reason wow became so popular in the first place,it catered to the more casual mmo crowd
    I think its doing extremely well, and has certainly surprised SOME people.

I think its doing extremely well, and has certainly surprised SOME people.
    yep,glad it is,as i hoped tbc would be a followup,prefer it to classic because of the class viability,better raids,better pvp system,itemization,heroic dungeons

my advice: test it. you have 2 months time to find out while leveling anyway. quit if sucks.

community advice: dont play classic. classic is bad. dont play retail. retail is bad.
    real community advice: dont play wow at all.

personal opinion: i am not sure at the moment, which advise is better. mines or community ones. at this point in wow, i would at least consider community result and play other games instead. but you can still do that, when quiting classic at level 30, because you have to walk another 10 levels.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-04-02 at 12:24 AM.

I never made that claim, but lying about what other people have said isn’t new for you.

I await the capacity numbers since some people here think they know them.
    -ynnady

We know they have more the twice the playerbase, Blizzard has already stated that the subs increased with classic

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295273/...enue-in-august

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ubs-in-History

Classic is extremly popular comapred to retail. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    We know they have more the twice the playerbase, Blizzard has already stated that the subs increased with classic

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295273/...enue-in-august

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ubs-in-History

Classic is extremly popular comapred to retail. FACT.
    Was*.................