Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How WoW became fun for a couple days and then went back to the waiting game

Im not a big fan of the "waiting game" and timegates ( having to wait for the end of the week for the possibility of an upgrade )

So i decided to do 11 weekly conquest caps in a marathon of consecutive gameplay sessions of 2v2 arena.
    The game felt amazing at this point.

I was playing the game non stop everyday without any caps or timegates and receiving gear upgrades non stop.

But then i reached the CURRENT week...and the fun ended after 200 or 300 games

------

Why am i telling you this?

I would love for Blizzard to replicate this feeling with Shadowlands:

1) Being able to play non stop for upgrades without any caps
    2) Once maxed out in gear give us some kinf of "slot machine" system like Corruption to keep playing the game even more for the chance of an upgrade

Why do i want a slot machine system? Because is impossible to keep getting deterministic gear upgrades forever.
    You may not want a slot machine system...but we NEED it IF we are to get gameplay without any timegates.

------

Would you like to have non-timegated gameplay for gear upgrades?
    If the answer is yes:
    Would you be okay with another slot machine system (corruption) to accommodate said non-timegated content?

If the game is only fun because of the potential reward. The game is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    oh absolutely...this was only fun because i was doing the content i love to do...pvp.

Funny, I came back to the game near the end of last expansion and I thought the conquest grind was literally cancer. And I do a lot of arenas normally, like it's the main thing I do, it still felt absolutely horrible to go through 10 caps before finally getting an item that was usable because it's all like 30ilvls too low before that.

Grinding arenas for rating is fun, grinding for gear is miserable. Have no issues with the current system, one cap a week is more than enough. If anything it should be lowered back to 10 games a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    oh absolutely...this was only fun because i was doing the content i love to do...pvp.
    So continue to pvp.

So continue to pvp.
    Oh i will random BGs now after getting all upgrades

But...this gameplay sessions were...addicting. would love to be recreated by Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that applies universally. There's several games I play just for rewards. YMMV.

Bullshit comment. Character progression is a very natural part of ROGs and the main motivating factor in WoW for the majority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Bullshit comment. Character progression is a very natural part of ROGs and the main motivating factor in WoW for the majority of the playerbase.
    Yeah, you can read again each word of my sentence.

Yeah, you can read again each word of my sentence.
    Still makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Funny, I came back to the game near the end of last expansion and I thought the conquest grind was literally cancer. And I do a lot of arenas normally, like it's the main thing I do, it still felt absolutely horrible to go through 10 caps before finally getting an item that was usable because it's all like 30ilvls too low before that.

Grinding arenas for rating is fun, grinding for gear is miserable. Have no issues with the current system, one cap a week is more than enough. If anything it should be lowered back to 10 games a week.
    Yes im also against the "get crappy rewards for 10 weeks and then start getting insane item levels (460)
    But it ended up being fun for me because i knew at the end i had 2 460 items waiting for me.

And on top of that i now have 2 azerite pieces with Battlefield Precision doing insane damage and also have a 460 weapon

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Infinite upgrades available, once analyzed none are actually upgrades.

There is no infinite WoW game.

Im not a big fan of the "waiting game" and timegates ( having to wait for the end of the week for the possibility of an upgrade )

So i decided to do 11 weekly conquest caps in a marathon of consecutive gameplay sessions of 2v2 arena.
    The game felt amazing at this point.

I was playing the game non stop everyday without any caps or timegates and receiving gear upgrades non stop.

But then i reached the CURRENT week...and the fun ended after 200 or 300 games

------

Why am i telling you this?

I would love for Blizzard to replicate this feeling with Shadowlands:

1) Being able to play non stop for upgrades without any caps
    2) Once maxed out in gear give us some kinf of "slot machine" system like Corruption to keep playing the game even more for the chance of an upgrade

Why do i want a slot machine system? Because is impossible to keep getting deterministic gear upgrades forever.
    You may not want a slot machine system...but we NEED it IF we are to get gameplay without any timegates.

------

Would you like to have non-timegated gameplay for gear upgrades?
    If the answer is yes:
    Would you be okay with another slot machine system (corruption) to accommodate said non-timegated content?
    The thing is, what they need to do with pve is what they did with pvp in mop/wod. The conquest catch up was great and lets you catch up by playing when you get the time. In m+ you miss a week, you miss a week. If they'd let you at least get 3-4 weeks of items from your dark chest of disapointments each week (assuming you did that many m+ dungeons) if you didn't get to do m+ for a while it would be great. I'd actually resub for Slands if they would have a system lile that in place.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

well you do know you can just do pvp atm ?

after all you love to do it. so why you need rewards ?

TBH WoW hasn't really been fun since Legion, excited for the Classic BC though if they go through with it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, there must be caps.

It is not far that you, with nothing else to do in your life, can pull further ahead than the rest of us who can not be playing all day every day. Simple as that
    The game is already a gear > skills, which is absolutely wrong... The last thing it needs is to create a gap between people with all the free time and others without it.

Been there and done that, but after 15 years, you start having other responsibilities. Luckily, this is not going to change. It might be the only good thing about the new direction of the game really...

"200 or 300 games" and you're not satisfied that there's enough to do in the game? Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "200 or 300 games" and you're not satisfied that there's enough to do in the game? Jesus...
    lol. exactly.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    dont blame him . becuase of virus most people are stuck at home all evenings.

and Netflix has limited amount of new things that are coming and arei nteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Still makes no sense.
    Then I can't do much for you. It's a pretty easy sentence to understand.
    Unless of course you considere those random mobile games fun. Then again, I can't do much for you. There is a southpark episode about that.