I guess I'm lucky the population of Oregon is mostly spread out. No reported cases in my county.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Do people still go to Church?
    I mean, even the Pope made his Urbi et Orbi prayer alone on Saint Peter's square in the rain last week. If the vatican moved to online service surely other churches can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The plan for some countries at this moment is slowing it down until summer comes, as it it seems the disease spread its slower with hight temperatures and low humidity, it seems summer its the best choice to get group imunity. Sweden has shity summers, they don't have nothing to loose. As for Brazil, weather there is tropical, temperatures are always around 28ºC-30ºC, the only exception is soputhern Brazil, also Bolsonaro doesn't have the money to get 200 million vaccines when it commes out, Brazil has nothing to lose... Even i still don't like Bolsonaro.

The plan for most European countries is most likely to spread the virus in summer, until then we have to slow it down.
    Again that plan only makes sense is your healthcare system can handle the stress pretty darn sure Brazil cannot handle the stress not sure about other European countries. The countries with those plans will have hospitals which will be like Italy or worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This really isn't a good idea.

Presuming you can't be re-infected (still not established to be true), you still provide a vector for contact transfer, the same way a doorknob or plastic bottle does. You can get COVID-19 all over your hands, and if you touch your face, your immune system will kill it and you won't get sick. But it's still on your hands, being transferred to anything you touch. Washing hands helps, but only so much; your clothing is a transfer medium as well.

Having antibodies doesn't make you a black hole of dead COVID-19. It makes you a contact carrier who isn't at personal risk.

This is okay if you're working in a grocery store or something; you're no worse off than an uninfected coworker, and you're taking less personal risk. But it doesn't mean we can loosen up any restrictions. In fact, these people need to be told to not get slack with these measures just because they might be immune.

Sure; get back to work in the exact same sense as an uninfected person already is. Anything further isn't going to be warranted until we get a serious handle on this thing.
    People in vital roles that have immunity need to get back to work to replace those who are getting sick without those people you are stuck in dire situation where you keep losing essential people due to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yes.....and its even banned here right now for mass gatherings. Some people just dont listen.
    All pastors and/or religious leaders get in the USA for lying about the Corona and endangering others is a small penalty that doesn't matter in the end because they'll just keep on doing the same BS.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

Having antibodies doesn't make you a black hole of dead COVID-19. It makes you a contact carrier who isn't at personal risk.
    While not incorrect, I believe that scientists have adequately shown that the most explicit passing of the virus is from direct viral shedding in the nose and mouth, rather than delayed surface contact infection. Third-party transferred contact infection would be even lower of a risk.

Regardless, it's completely unfeasible to continue the lockdown measures for a year, so some kind of balance is going to have to be struck.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Because its harmful? I am not just referring to how its harmful to nature and endangered animals, which is unequivocally is... I mean its harmful to people.
    TCM's are not harmful if done properly and can have beneficial effects depending on what you have and what you are taking.

Again most TCM's are Herbal or Fungal, no Animals involved.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

It is.

Presuming you can't be re-infected (still not established to be true), you still provide a vector for contact transfer, the same way a doorknob or plastic bottle does. You can get COVID-19 all over your hands, and if you touch your face, your immune system will kill it and you won't get sick. But it's still on your hands, being transferred to anything you touch. Washing hands helps, but only so much; your clothing is a transfer medium as well.
    But it reduces the risk, even if it doesn't eliminates it, - and they are needed to do the work.
    People aren't doorknobs.

Seriously why do we still have not more mask? The recommendations to not wear masks are just... stupid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    I guess I'm lucky the population of Oregon is mostly spread out. No reported cases in my county.
    Oregon seems to be the only state that is keep the curve relatively down. Another thing to note is that the majority of the cases are outside the city which is very unusual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    I mean, even the Pope made his Urbi et Orbi prayer alone on Saint Peter's square in the rain last week. If the vatican moved to online service surely other churches can.
    Don't underestimate how crazy some of the religious nuts are and I'm not talking only Christians.

Here in Israel we have today Police literally closing off entire town of 200k residents. This specific town is almost entirely full of (hardcore as fuck) Orthodox Jews and despite all the instructions and orders calling to not do gathering, to keep safe space and so on has a good chunk of the population still do religious services in places or worship. Even after these got closed - they simply did mass gatherings in other places or exploited loopholes, such as masking hack places of prayer as mini-markets and so on.

Result?

Out of 6k cases in the country total - we have almost 1k cases in that town alone. Town with 2.5% of country population is responsible for 16% of all cases.

You can no longer leave or enter the town - there is police everywhere. Only now these idiots finally realized they are killing themselves with their backwards attitude, but even now you still have some extremists there trying to still do secret religious service gatherings, despite their own religious nut leaders finally forbidding this shit.

So yeah... religion.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-04-01 at 10:36 PM.

Do you need a mask? The science hasn't changed, but public guidance might

Officially, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that wearing a mask is unnecessary for healthy individuals, but Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said federal health officials are actively discussing changing that guidance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Seriously why do we still have not more mask? The recommendations to not wear masks are just... stupid...
    Its stupid to wear masks. Instead you should wear Hazmat suit.

But for the full protection you also need glasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not while medical professionals are still facing a shortage of adequate masks for their use.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    But again, the R0 value changes. It changes as measures are followed, but equally importantly, it changes as more people become immune. Eventually, the R0 will drop below 1. It literally has to, until/unless a new strain comes along that can reinfect people anew.
    Technically R0 doesn't change when people become immune, but if you replace R0 by Re above it is true.
    As the effective reproductive number, Re includes the effect of immunity, but initially R0=Re.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Do you need a mask? The science hasn't changed, but public guidance might

Officially, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that wearing a mask is unnecessary for healthy individuals, but Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said federal health officials are actively discussing changing that guidance.
    We in Israel receive official request and guidance today in PM's address to the nation to use masks - everyone going outside should be using masks, even if it's home-made masks or scarfs.

The idea is to lower transmission chances. It's not really for self-protection, it's more to protect others from you if you happen to be positive, but unaware.

They wanted people to stop buying masks because people working the frontlines needed them.

The Trump administration had a part in the shortage of masks, ventilators.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We in Israel receive official request and guidance today in PM's address to the nation to use masks - everyone going outside should be using masks, even if it's home-made masks or scarfs.
    And in Asia they've already been saying that since the beginning of the Corona.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-04-01 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not while medical professionals are still facing a shortage of adequate masks for their use.
    Medical professionals do not use masks that are recommended for population to use. You are not asked to use N95 mask, you are asked to use simpler surgical masks or even home-made masks, so that when people who are unaware they are positive - sneeze, they don't spread their shit all over the place and infect others.

Don't underestimate how crazy some of the religious nuts are and I'm not talking only Christians.

Here in Israel we have today Police literally closing off entire town of 200k residents. This specific town is almost entirely full of Orthodox Jews and despite all the instructions and orders calling to not do gathering, to keep safe space and so on has a good chunk of the population still do religious services in places or worship. Even after these got closed - they simply did mass gatherings in other places or exploited loopholes, such as masking hack places of prayer as mini-markets and so on.

Result?

Out of 6k cases in the country total - we have almost 1k cases in that town alone. Town with 2.5% of country population is responsible for 16% of all cases.

You can no longer leave or enter the town - there is police everywhere. Only now these idiots finally realized they are killing themselves with their backwards attitude, but even now you still have some extremists there trying to still do secret religious service gatherings, despite their own religious nut leaders finally forbidding this shit.

So yeah... religion.
    Not arguing idiots will be idiots. I'm just saying that if the vatican can stream its biggest yearly events, others can too.
    Now if they want to be assholes they can, but I don't think it's necessarily only a religious thing.

Medical professionals do not use masks that are recommended for population to use.
    They Still wear masks the population uses, especially when they run out of the masks they need.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-04-01 at 10:41 PM.