Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Medical professionals do not use masks that are recommended for population to use. You are not asked to use N95 mask, you are asked to use simpler surgical masks or even home-made masks, so that when people who are unaware they are positive - sneeze, they don't spread their shit all over the place and infect others.
    If they were available they would recommend ffp2 or 3. Here they also ask people to wear a mask, any mask or at least to cover their faces because nothing else is available.but if you're positive and cough or sneeze, your home depot dust mask is not going to be much use in close quarters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Not arguing idiots will be idiots. I'm just saying that if the vatican can stream its biggest yearly events, others can too.
    Now if they want to be assholes they can, but I don't think it's necessarily only a religious thing.
    They can, but you will always have this hardcore religious morons who won't because that's not the way their ancestors, "enlightened" saints or "wise" men did.

Every religion has its own "Amish" sect, like in my example - it's exactly that. Streaming? They don't own computers and they only own simple phones with no internet, because "internet is a den of sin", they only read newspapers printed in that town and only approved by their immediate community leaders.

And you have this shit in every religion. Extremists and purists.

My only regret is that after this passes they will all hail their whatever dude on the cloud, but not the medical staff who will pull many of them out of the graves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its stupid to wear masks. Instead you should wear Hazmat suit.

But for the full protection you also need glasses.
    The point of the mask isn't to protect yourself, but to protect others. Consequently if everyone is wearing mask you are protected. By limiting the amount of particles coming out of your mouth and nose you limit the virus in the air and any contaminated objects. Ideally only sick people wear it sure, but we don't know who is a carrier due to the vast amount of asymptomatic cases and the disease being capable of spreading asymptomatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were available they would recommend ffp2 or 3. Here they also ask people to wear a mask, any mask or at least to cover their faces because nothing else is available.but if you're positive and cough or sneeze, your home depot dust mask is not going to be much use in close quarters
    Home made masks and scarves are better than nothing. If you sneeze in that mask or scarf - at least a good chunk of that shit won't go through. It's already better.

So people should be a dears to each other and do this, if this will prevent at least some infections - job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Do you need a mask? The science hasn't changed, but public guidance might

Officially, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that wearing a mask is unnecessary for healthy individuals, but Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said federal health officials are actively discussing changing that guidance.
    It makes no sense, because... we know that coronavirus primarily is transited through large droplets in coughs and sneezes which surgical mask are enough to protect against. They do not protect against smaller particles though or the virus itself but it is way more effective than literally nothing.

A mask may be able to prevent infection is someone say coughs something at 60 microns and your mask provides protections to 1 micron.

There are other factors of course, but Asian countries that promote mask are doing better... Japan a country that is very dense, and has an older population is getting on rather well compared to literally every western nation.

They can, but you will always have this hardcore religious morons who won't because that's not the way their ancestors, "enlightened" saints or "wise" men did.

Every religion has its own "Amish" sect, like in my example - it's exactly that. Streaming? They don't own computers and they only own simple phones with no internet, because "internet is a den of sin", they only read newspapers printed in that town and only approved by their immediate community leaders.

And you have this shit in every religion. Extremists and purists.

My only regret is that after this passes they will all hail their whatever dude on the cloud, but not the medical staff who will pull many of them out of the graves.
    It's probably not a bad thing they bunker themselves in then. I'm just sorry for the ones trapped in against their choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    They Still wear masks the population uses, especially when they run out of the masks they need.
    That's the problem governments need to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not while medical professionals are still facing a shortage of adequate masks for their use.
    mmhm but the idea is still false that mask aren't good and you should just wash your hands and that's it because when someone coughs droplets a mask can filter.. but you didn't wear a mask.. washing your hands will help

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    While not incorrect, I believe that scientists have adequately shown that the most explicit passing of the virus is from direct viral shedding in the nose and mouth, rather than delayed surface contact infection. Third-party transferred contact infection would be even lower of a risk.

Regardless, it's completely unfeasible to continue the lockdown measures for a year, so some kind of balance is going to have to be struck.
    And correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt re-infection a exceedengly rare occurrence, if it really happens?
    Because i've read that the cases of people who tested negative but then tested positive were
    A) People who didnt truly recover
    B) people who still had viral dna, but not active particles
    C) People who had the antibodies but no virus.

If i'm correct, the evidence is pointing to "you get infected once, you survive, you dont get infected again for this strain"
    And also, SARS doesnt mutate that fast, does it?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    12, 14 and 19 year old died to this, and there's retards around still believing it only affects the elderly meme'ing this the "Boomer Remover"...
    This needs to be clarified. Most aren't saying that it won't effect youth at all. Most are saying it targets old people MORE than youth.

Everything I have seen puts 1-40 at about 1%. as you get older from there it jumps to 10-15%
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Home made masks and scarves are better than nothing. If you sneeze in that mask or scarf - at least a good chunk of that shit won't go through. It's already better.

So people should be a dears to each other and do this, if this will prevent at least some infections - job done.
    And keep their distances

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably not a bad thing they bunker themselves in then. I'm just sorry for the ones trapped in against their choice.
    We still need to care for them in hospitals and aid them, because they are still citizens of the country, even if they are backwater and dimwitted morons.

That's the problem governments need to solve.
    The Trump administration.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It makes no sense, because... we know that coronavirus primarily is transited through large droplets in coughs and sneezes which surgical mask are enough to protect against. They do not protect against smaller particles though or the virus itself but it is way more effective than literally nothing.
    Lots of thing don't make any sense...Why on earth are the elderly...the demographic that gets hit harder than any...why the hell are they out and about wandering around like they've not a worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    mmhm but the idea is still false that mask aren't good and you should just wash your hands and that's it because when someone coughs droplets a mask can filter.. but you didn't wear a mask.. washing your hands will help
    This was a bad attempt to prevent hoarders.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Trump administration.
    Good thing I live in Israel, not USA. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    This needs to be clarified. Most aren't saying that it won't effect youth at all. Most are saying it targets old people MORE than youth.

Everything I have seen puts 1-40 at about 1%. as you get older from there it jumps to 10-15%
    Afaik, if you're younger than 30 and with no serious co-morbidities, the chance of a serious illness is exceedengly rare. But, and i cannot stress this enough

0,01% =/= 0%

In fact, wasnt in italy the median age of death like 80 or so?
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-04-01 at 10:51 PM.

They wanted people to stop buying masks because people working the frontlines needed them.

The Trump administration had a part in the shortage of masks, ventilators.

- - - Updated - - -

And in Asia they've already been saying that since the beginning of the Corona.
    Smaller less rich nations can do it, America just has piss poor handling.

Also:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rus-aid-157806

The government has yet to curtail exports by U.S. companies, however—roughly 280 million masks in warehouses around the U.S. were purchased by foreign buyers on Monday alone, according to Forbes. A FEMA spokesperson said the agency “has not actively encouraged or discouraged U.S. companies from exporting overseas,” noting that various U.S. agencies are coordinating their activities with their overseas counterparts.
    OVER A QUARTER BILLION MASKS What the fuck is this country doing?!

We still need to care for them in hospitals and aid them, because they are still citizens of the country, even if they are backwater and dimwitted morons.
    Ah they're not the kind that believe so much they refuse medical treatment? Bummer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Afaik, if you're younger than 30 and with no serious co-morbidities, the chance of a serious infection is exceedengly rare.
    I don't think that any young person with half a clue would like to have his 5 minutes of (posthumous) fame by being the "exceedingly rare".