• Maybe

14 7.65%
  • What are you smoking?

64 34.97%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The original was thunderforging in ToT, which was +6 ilevel. That got replaced by warforging in SoO, which was the same in every way except the name, which stayed until Legion launch where it got replaced by warforging/titanforging as +5 ilevel increments up to a global cap.
    WoD introduced the TITANFORGING that Went ABOVE Thunder/Warforging.

Gawd.

While corruption is kinda worse than TF, its a different way of gearing. I like it more than TF.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    but whereas big upgrades I get myself I can be proud of.
    I definitely don't miss titanforging. The only thing it did was helping people beat content by outgearing it instead of becoming better at the game.

How could you be proud of titanforged gear? You got it because of RNG and not by beating the difficulty of content which the ilvl actually fits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post
    I miss the original form of Titanforging that existed in WoD. Warforge +5, Titanforge +10 (or 15).
    What I miss is the Mists style of upgrading gear with Valor points or whatever it was (can't remember, its too early). No RNG, no disappointment when your drop didn't +30 ilevels, you simply upgraded the stuff you wanted to upgrade and that was that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I don't miss WF/TF.

Corruption is WORSE, though.

In that sense, I'd rather go back to WF/TF than have Corruption.
    Yes but why not just remove both of them. Blizzard needs to realize that we don't need these shitty systems.

The old version was fine. Both of them. The simple "X forged" and then the Warforges +5 and Titan Forge +10.

I'll take either of those back. Theres still incentive to repeat content for upgrades

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If this is real:
    Ok, bye, I guess.

If it's just a troll:
    Ok, bye, I guess.

The only version of the 'warforged/upgrade' system I miss is the MoP one where you can spend valor to increase the power of an item by a few ilvls.
    That was a good system that had both the random chance of the item dropping in the first place, then the ability to collect a currency to make it slightly stronger each step.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What I miss is the Mists style of upgrading gear with Valor points or whatever it was (can't remember, its too early). No RNG, no disappointment when your drop didn't +30 ilevels, you simply upgraded the stuff you wanted to upgrade and that was that.
    Aye, I even wrote that in a different thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear lord. Third thread on this topic in a 24 hour span. I think we're on for setting a new record if we keep up this pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Loot = RNG.

Always been, will always be
    Yes but normally you have to beat the appropriate level of difficulty to unlock a chance of that RNG. With titanforging you don't. And this just allow bad players to outgear content instead of becoming better at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corruption wouldn’t be so bad if there was a way to target pieces you wanted, and if the corruption level wasn’t so crucial. I find that it’s not even worth it to have anything other than one max 75 piece right now even with a max cloak. It’ll take weeks of 5 chest clears to get to a place where I can use two very effective pieces without having to run away from the eye and the thing from beyond, as my destro warlock isn’t very move friendly.
    I do miss the excitement of having TF pieces proc, but again it wasn’t a perfect system. They need to go back to targetable items that are the ilvl that they are and go higher with different difficulty. Or have a random use or wear effect that isn’t penalized by corruption.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post
    WoD introduced the TITANFORGING that Went ABOVE Thunder/Warforging.

Gawd.
    No, it didn't. WoD had warforging(+6 ilevel), sockets and tertiaries. Legion changed warforging to warforging/titanforging in +5 ilevel increments.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The OP is clever. He implemented the "what are you smoking?" option to take votes away from the NO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, it didn't. WoD had warforging(+6 ilevel), sockets and tertiaries. Legion changed warforging to warforging/titanforging in +5 ilevel increments.
    Looked it up, and I stand corrected.

Could've sworn it was added in WoD...

No I don't miss it.
    Corruption is even worse though, it's like legion legendaries but without the cap of 2.

For loot, I miss the times when there was clear BIS and I could feel happy I achieved it even for a couple of months, even knowing next patch will invalidate it. Nowadays the loot looks like a cup always half empty. It always "could be better". This makes it not fun.

I really don't enjoy grinding menial content I outgear by miles because of "what if" scenarios. I also don't enjoy spending my whole free time "trying to upgrade" my main and having no time to play alts. I didn't even get lvl 15 cloak on my first alt because I got so burnt out having to run so many runs in a row first for my main then for the alt. After getting lvl 15 on my main I felt like I can't stand another vision and need to take a break, even if my alt will be "behind". The constant design "there's an upgrade just around the corner" feels like a hamster wheel after a while. Just let me eat the damn carrot already, I earnt it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I liked WF/TF, there is nothing really wrong with it except for further increasing ilvl bloat. But the corruption system definitely keeps me away from resubbing, it looks like a pile of annoying garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No. And I think you are in the minority on that one.

Gear was best in TBC. I know badge gear got a lot of hate at the time but at least it was sometime to work towards, loot wasnt just handed to you. But at least when you got that item you got that item and not 4 types of variants tied to a slot machine that made you feel like you wasted your time.

There's nothing more defeating than getting an item, only to find out its a weaker version of the one you wanted.

And I know what you people are saying 'but wow has always been RNG... yea well fast forward to now when its RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. The only RNG I want is the RNG on if the item would drop or not.
    But if they went back to that then people would get their gear and quit instead of coming back for more, and more, and more...

And if they up the RNG so the gear is extremely rare then people would just complain.

Sounds way more simple though.

Proud of a high ilvl proc'd TF that you "earned"...?

Yeah... pretty sure the OP is trolling with such sarcasm.

Nah, I quit in February because I was most certainly NOT going to the spend the next 9-12 months doing visions and world quests over and over.
    I will probably be back in SL.

WF/TF / Corruption is the lazy way of making rare gear.

I'd rather they just bring back rare gear drops. No, not legion-daries, just rare gear off a specific boss's loot table.