• No

81 44.26%
  • Maybe

14 7.65%
  • What are you smoking?

64 34.97%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The OP is clever. He implemented the "what are you smoking?" option to take votes away from the NO.
    It's the same thing.
    So, missing WF/TF would mean that someone failed twice as much. Because each of them is much higher than just yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Proud of a high ilvl proc'd TF that you "earned"...?

Yeah... pretty sure the OP is trolling with such sarcasm.
    i've had it up to here with folk like you. Leave this page, these posts and forums. Doing my bloody head in. I tell ya what come to Cambridge I shove ya in a bin ya big muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Yes but why not just remove both of them. Blizzard needs to realize that we don't need these shitty systems.
    because then people would play for a month got bis gear and unsub .

and they want people playing game not unsubing

corruption failed utterly and horribly - people openly refuse to run visions and to farm corruption and coruption resistance

i bet that in SL they will go back to TF - because unlike coruption it retained people in game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because then people would play for a month got bis gear and unsub .

and they want people playing game not unsubing

corruption failed utterly and horribly - people openly refuse to run visions and to farm corruption and coruption resistance

i bet that in SL they will go back to TF - because unlike coruption it retained people in game.
    bang on mate. spot on mate. Titanforging is definitely going to need to come back big time

The community always craved for MOREMOREMOREMORE!!!

So now u got more dungeons(replayabillity through m+)

Questing/worldquest/dailies

Raids (4 difficulties )

Pvp/arena

All of these things clearly have to provide us with some things, therefor rng is required and needed, would people realy not want an extra layer of rng on their pieces?

Soo... shadowlands comes out, mythic + opens, everyone is geared in 2 days, nobody had to do anything outside raids because it wont provide any incentive in doing so, so how will blizzard try and keep their players? By creating other endless bullshit grinds, is that what u want? I want a realistic titanforge system where 1 difficulty can never outroll a higher difficulty,

The amount of shit we get handed to us these days surely has to compensate with more rng, or what would i consider the best solution?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But if they went back to that then people would get their gear and quit instead of coming back for more, and more, and more...

And if they up the RNG so the gear is extremely rare then people would just complain.

Sounds way more simple though.
    There's a word for that but I cannot remember the term. But basically that's what video games companies build a game around now days, 'player investment' which I think was the term. To keep people playing and paying to fill the pockets of greedy publishers, because heaven forbid that people may wanna play stop paying to play other games 'we gotta keep player investment up at all times that way they don't want to play anything else'.

Yes fuck that, I like the idea of reaching a personal end game, and going off to play something else. And then when WoW releases the next content I'll come back and play.

Thats not saying constantly having something to do is a bad thing if WoW is all you play then sure.

Not in the slightest. I love corruption. Sure it has some flaws but I've never had this much fun with gear as I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    There's a word for that but I cannot remember the term. But basically that's what video games companies build a game around now days, 'player investment' which I think was the term. To keep people playing and paying to fill the pockets of greedy publishers, because heaven forbid that people may wanna play stop paying to play other games 'we gotta keep player investment up at all times that way they don't want to play anything else'.

Yes fuck that, I like the idea of reaching a personal end game, and going off to play something else. And then when WoW releases the next content I'll come back and play.

Thats not saying constantly having something to do is a bad thing if WoW is all you play then sure.
    Indeed. I miss when coorporations trusted their product to carry them, making people want to play. Not resorting to this much psychology tricks. I can understand why it has become this way though.

Your last sentence is what is very important though, highlighting difference in play styles. It's a difficult balance to on one hand, have players play the game and quit when "done" to play other games, and on the other hand to keep those only playing your game entertained and happy.

I mean, both are valid customers and no one is better than the other. (IMO)
    Last edited by Zephire; 2020-04-02 at 01:46 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I rather have wf/tf back, in BfA it happened so rarely it wasn't noticeable. With corruption I can do 15-20% more damage if I get the best one vs mediocre one(no infinite stars for me yet) with wf/tf it was maybe 1-3% but again we had like one tf every 3 resets in EP and maybe a few wfs each week.

So for those who didn't like the rng of wf/tf must despise corruption or they are being hypocrites. Corruption is more fun to play with yes, which lies in the nature of it.

But like I have said before, what gear system we have isn't bothering me much. But from a power/balancing point of view warforging and titanforging is way better.

Nah

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Loot = RNG.

Always been, will always be
    That doesn't mean add more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I rather have wf/tf back, in BfA it happened so rarely it wasn't noticeable. With corruption I can do 15-20% more damage if I get the best one vs mediocre one(no infinite stars for me yet) with wf/tf it was maybe 1-3% but again we had like one tf every 3 resets in EP and maybe a few wfs each week.

So for those who didn't like the rng of wf/tf must despise corruption or they are being hypocrites. Corruption is more fun to play with yes, which lies in the nature of it.

But like I have said before, what gear system we have isn't bothering me much. But from a power/balancing point of view warforging and titanforging is way better.
    Well since corruption is an 8.3 system only you don't have to worry about hating it for long Just better hope whatever system comes in SL is good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Domm530 View Post
    Soo... shadowlands comes out, mythic + opens, everyone is geared in 2 days, nobody had to do anything outside raids because it wont provide any incentive in doing so, so how will blizzard try and keep their players?
    Same way they used to before these systems existed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit" type threads don't really promote much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead