Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The story looks like that they ran out of villains to kill so they pulled it out of their asses.

For the gameplay, I have little doubt that it will be another endless homework expansion like the past two.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    The story looks like that they ran out of villains to kill so they pulled it out of their asses.
    Who exactly would you want the villain to be?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Domm530 View Post
    Sure legion was more lore heavy, but to be honest, it wasnt verry good. Sure they pumped regular updates to the game, but they had to cause the game sucked, and they knew people were getting fed up with the bullshit rng and shit artifact weapon
    That is certainly not true, people were complaining, that there was too much to do. That was literally the case for some. I was actively playing not healthy hours during first 3 months of legion and I still just about managed to do what I wanted. Tho I was raiding and doing m+. But yeah, first alt I managed to get started with was during night hold. Legendary farm (when it became farmable during night hold). All the quest lines, I was having a blast with WQ's and World PvP quests hubs. You were thrown into so many MAX level quests when you dinged that it was not funny, not even talking about doing daily WQ's or other side fun. This is not a complaint, that was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Lots of grind- sounds like every expac
    RNG- uhh what? they are removing RNG in shadowlands... LOTS of rng is going away
    Time gating- what are you talking about? the game has as much time gating as it always has.
    Lack of content- uhh what? mind telling me what content this expansion is lacking that the rest had?
    Character customizations only- what? Do you forget class customization with soulbinds, and covenents?
    What content will SL have? Covenants, that are just 4 Class Halls 2.0? Tower, that will be just Visions 2.0? And... That's it? Everything else comes from assumptions, that Blizzard won't get rid of BFA's concept of so called "infinite content". May be this concept will be changed or transformed somehow. But it WILL stay. This concept includes: 1) Several layers of RNG on the top of each other in order to make it impossible for players to get their desired BIS gear. 2) Grind, i.e. doing the same content over, over and over again. Limited, like rep grinds, or unlimited, like AP grind for example. 3) Time gating. Like weekly N'zoth attacks or cloak progression, limited by dailies, for example.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ok. too much for my taste, but, obviously, its up to you. enjoy.

PS: imo your signature is as wrong as it is scary. if you be a racist, you act like a racist, otherwise you are not a racist. if you act like a racist, ofc a lot of your actions are illegal. also i am not sure the SJW society and all that others-think-for-you-mindset will not bring us into a future where already a racist thought is illegal. besides the fact that being racist is dumb as fuck. i assume, and hope, this is sarcasm and a joke on the costs of an racist idiot.
    yeah the signature is "Look at this stupid person lolololol"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    What content will SL have? Covenants, that are just 4 Class Halls 2.0? Tower, that will be just Visions 2.0? And... That's it? Everything else comes from assumptions, that Blizzard won't get rid of BFA's concept of so called "infinite content". May be this concept will be changed or transformed somehow. But it WILL stay. This concept includes: 1) Several layers of RNG on the top of each other in order to make it impossible for players to get their desired BIS gear. 2) Grind, i.e. doing the same content over, over and over again. Limited, like rep grinds, or unlimited, like AP grind for example. 3) Time gating. Like weekly N'zoth attacks or cloak progression, limited by dailies, for example.
    1. covenents are more then class halls cause
    A. you have a choice, you are not forced to go to 1 specific one that is your classes
    B. will have abilities
    C. will have soulbinds these 2 giving choice to your charecter, and customization in gameplay and cosmetic.

So unlike legion, where 2 paladis all got the exact same stuff, and 2 ret pallies got all the exact same bonuses because the artifact weapon was literally 0 choice, just "you get all these, but in what order?"
    in shadowlands, 2 paladins could be DRASTICALLY different, because of cosmetic, and because of "Oh hey this pally can teleport, this one can move super fast. This one can on a long cooldown do a big chunk of burst, this one can have a dot."

2. Tower is more like withered training then visions 2.0, as there is no time limit, it is just how far you can get, plus some REALLY cool rogue like power ups "Fire ele lasts forever, but you cant cast frost spells" stuff like that is amazing.

3. they specificly said these things, they are not assumptions. also why is infinite content bad?

4. several layers of RNG to get BIS gear? good thing titanforging is gone. and they show a want to make sockets obtainable. which i find odd you say "several layers" i didnt know 2, was "several" we call that a couple, not "several"

5. "Doing the same content over and over" ok.... welcome to world of fucking warcraft mate, its this game that came out in 2004, the whole point of it, is you play with friends, doing the same con tent over and over again.

6. "time gating" ok.... welcome to world of fucking warcraft mate, its this game that came out in 2004, it has these timegating things called dailies, and weekly lockouts, pair that with staggered content releases, and raid launches, i mean they could just release an expansion with all the content out day 1, then release the next expansion a few years later, but that time gate content out for months and months is how a monthly game survives.

every MMO has large amounts of time gating, if you dont want time gating, find a new genre.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-02 at 01:36 PM.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know retail has lost it's luster.

I am more interested in what happens after Shadow Lands...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Domm530 View Post
    I’m so disgusted by this community lately, your all thinking to personal,

The disaster expansion that killed wow and created a fucking terrible path for the future is legion, theirs pretty much NOTHING good about that expansion.
    Don't bother trying to convince them of that fact. They're memories are so clouded by the final (major) patch of that expansion that they can't even conceive the idea that they're misremembering just how awful the core of the expansion was. It's pretty sad, really.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Probably Arthas. They all want discount Vader back real bad.

Yeah, I can't wait to play no new races, no new classes, no new specs, no new talents, and just more dungeons and raids.

For me it's simple: if no ranged spec is good for casual pvp like warmode and general 1v1, I'm not even buying the expansion. Not even bothering with it.

Last time I truly had fun on my hunter was in WoD. Fuck Blizzard's hardon for melee!

I'll be watching the PTR reports for news.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-04-02 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    It's pretty sad, really.
    You're right, trying to push your opinion as fact IS pretty sad. You can't even conceive the idea people can like what you don't. Sad.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Probably Arthas. They all want discount Vader back real bad.
    Nah, that would pander to incels, toxic males, and all the buzzwords, and Blizzard is an SJW company. That's why they pushing so many female leaders who are strong independent women who don't need no man, and that's why Sylvanas is a god-like Mary Sue.

I'm still absolutely astonished there is no LGBT character yet, not even a small character. I feel like Blizzard wants to but someone high-up keeps saying "NO, we won't do that yet", and this absolute hypocrisy is very annoying tbh.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-04-02 at 02:05 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Nah, that would pander to incels, toxic males, and all the buzzwords, and Blizzard is an SJW company. That's why they pushing so many female leaders who are strong independent women who don't need no man, and that's why Sylvanas is a god-like Mary Sue.

I'm still absolutely astonished there is no LGBT character yet, not even a small character. I feel like Blizzard wants to but someone high-up keeps saying "NO, we won't do that yet", and this absolute hypocrisy is very annoying tbh.
    Irony is that all her power comes from her pact with the jailer, so I guess she does need a man.

But this is beside the point. Neckbeards complaining about villains dying too fast, want Arthas-senpai as a villain.

Neckbeards who want their self inserts to fuck Sylvanas (AKA Blizzard), want Sylvanas as a villain and their avatars as her sex slaves.

I want somebody interesting. Alas, that won't happen.

You're right, trying to push your opinion as fact IS pretty sad. You can't even conceive the idea people can like what you don't. Sad.
    Yeah its quite staggering isn't it. Blizzard even got numbers on it that says second quarter of Legion grew from the first launch quarter and it had the highest activity and logged in players compared to the four years before it, including last half of MoP.

It always amuse me when I read peoples opinion about 7.3.5 being the greatest patch in Legion and try to parrot it as fact when the real numbers tell other wise. Legion was buzzing in the start, saying other wise is objectively wrong. Sure, people might hate Legion and think its the biggest piece of trash ever made, but it would be nice if they stopped telling others about their misinfomed "fact checker" aka their personal opinion.

It is sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Irony is that all her power comes from her pact with the jailer, so I guess she does need a man.
    Oh, just you wait, I fully expect her to backstab The Jailer and take his power, becoming Kerrigan 2.0, and all will be forgiven because reasons.

Nzoth, there was no reason to waste him in 8.3 trash patch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait to play no new races, no new classes, no new specs, no new talents, and just more dungeons and raids.

For me it's simple: if no ranged spec is good for casual pvp like warmode and general 1v1, I'm not even buying the expansion. Not even bothering with it.

Last time I truly had fun on my hunter was in WoD. Fuck Blizzard's hardon for melee!

I'll be watching the PTR reports for news.
    "No new classes, no new races, no new spec,s no new talents, just raids and dungeons"
    So why do you play patches?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    mind telling me any old god that wasnt killed off in a patch OR OFF SCREEN!?
    Nzoth is the only old god to be the FINAL BOSS of an expac, that is far more then the other 2.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1. covenents are more then class halls cause
    A. you have a choice, you are not forced to go to 1 specific one that is your classes
    B. will have abilities
    C. will have soulbinds these 2 giving choice to your charecter, and customization in gameplay and cosmetic.

So unlike legion, where 2 paladis all got the exact same stuff, and 2 ret pallies got all the exact same bonuses because the artifact weapon was literally 0 choice, just "you get all these, but in what order?"
    in shadowlands, 2 paladins could be DRASTICALLY different, because of cosmetic, and because of "Oh hey this pally can teleport, this one can move super fast. This one can on a long cooldown do a big chunk of burst, this one can have a dot."

2. Tower is more like withered training then visions 2.0, as there is no time limit, it is just how far you can get, plus some REALLY cool rogue like power ups "Fire ele lasts forever, but you cant cast frost spells" stuff like that is amazing.

3. they specificly said these things, they are not assumptions. also why is infinite content bad?

4. several layers of RNG to get BIS gear? good thing titanforging is gone. and they show a want to make sockets obtainable. which i find odd you say "several layers" i didnt know 2, was "several" we call that a couple, not "several"

5. "Doing the same content over and over" ok.... welcome to world of fucking warcraft mate, its this game that came out in 2004, the whole point of it, is you play with friends, doing the same con tent over and over again.

6. "time gating" ok.... welcome to world of fucking warcraft mate, its this game that came out in 2004, it has these timegating things called dailies, and weekly lockouts, pair that with staggered content releases, and raid launches, i mean they could just release an expansion with all the content out day 1, then release the next expansion a few years later, but that time gate content out for months and months is how a monthly game survives.

every MMO has large amounts of time gating, if you dont want time gating, find a new genre.
    1) New talent system clearly shows, that it's not about choices - it's about illusion of choices. Majority of playerbase will: a) Choose the most powerful traits b) Do all 4 covenants on 4 alts anyway to get all transmogs and ability to switch to other covenant in case of so called "balancing". That's, what Blizzard actually count on. Everything else is the same, as in Class Halls. Artifacts, rep grinds, transmog gear, mounts.
    2) Who cares? It will be one of that "hardcore solo" kinds of content, like Mage Tower, I personally don't like. Somebody has said to Blizzard, that if content is solo, then it must be challenging.
    3) Unreachable goal = no goal at all.
    4) In the past it was just 2 layers. Does gear piece drop or not? (Optional in case of organized raiding) Do I win roll or not? Guess, what has changed? Sources of gear themselves are random, stats are random, azerite traits are random, WF/TF/Corrutions are random. And if I can't control my gear, then I just stop caring about it. For me it's not specific piece of gear, as it was in the past - it's just ilvl upgrade.
    5) There is difference between just doing content and grinding. What difference? Grind means doing, what you don't want/like to do. Dunno, how to explain it better. It's ok to do 100500 WQs, if you just like doing it. It's not ok, if some mandatory reward is gated behind this grind, so you just have to do it despite hating to do it. Example of mandatory rewards - flying.
    6) Same with time gating. Yeah, sometimes it's reasonable. For example casual content means it should be limited. But sometimes it's just artificial content stretching to milk extra sub fees. I.e. it's ok to have limited daily content. But "you'll get your reward after X weeks no matter what" isn't ok.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

"No new classes, no new races, no new spec,s no new talents, just raids and dungeons"
    So why do you play patches?

- - - Updated - - -

mind telling me any old god that wasnt killed off in a patch OR OFF SCREEN!?
    Nzoth is the only old god to be the FINAL BOSS of an expac, that is far more then the other 2.
    Same reasons I still play WoW: inertia and needing something to fill my time spent between the extremely rare games that aren't pure trash. I haven't been hyped by WoW since the end of WoD.

I'll probably play SL...eventually...if I really have nothing else to play.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-04-02 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    N'Zoth will be back. He was fully aware of his betrayal by Azshara, and he was the one who emptied Xal'atath of its previous occupant in 8.1 and then personally ordered Horde players to deliver it to Sylvanas. A part of him likely now resides within Xal'atath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands?
    OP completely ignores several threads on the front page to make this claim