Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Toweliee is friends with some of the WoW team. He messages his friends to know if something is going to happen. Usually it is a couple days before that he knows. Which is why he says he knows its not going to happen but it is vague on when it will open. So if he says its not going to happen its most likely true.
    That is the point though, seeing as that simply raises further questions, since finding the leak in the company would be easy, and why would said employee risk their livelihood leaking vague stuff to someone who will immediately go around telling everyone.
    This isnt a case where Blizz programmer talks to his gamer bud about setbacks in Alpha, this would clearly be a case of a Blizzard employee breaking his NDA and risking his job telling someone who is guaranteed to leak it further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Why would there be an NDA? There is no commercially sensitive issue in speculating when an alpha might enter its next phase.
    It isnt Speculation though, Toweliee is seemingly claiming he knows, or at least his viewers seem to think so.
    Either he is being disingenous and lying to his followers for views, or he is breaking an NDA, or worse, risking his supposed Blizzard employee friends livelihood for views.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It isnt Speculation though, Toweliee is seemingly claiming he knows, or at least his viewers seem to think so.
    Either he is being disingenous and lying to his followers for views, or he is breaking an NDA, or worse, risking his supposed Blizzard employee friends livelihood for views.
    Keep going. This is providing no end of amusement for me during these difficult times.

Keep going. This is providing no end of amusement for me during these difficult times.
    And what part do you find amusing about it specifically? That there could possibly be such a thing as a standard Blizzard NDA that prevents their employees from casually leaking release dates and similar to people outside of Blizzard?
    Or the part where you are incredulous that people on this very same thread has expressed Toweliee somehow haas genuine access to knowledge about the Alpha?

Genuinely curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the point though, seeing as that simply raises further questions, since finding the leak in the company would be easy, and why would said employee risk their livelihood leaking vague stuff to someone who will immediately go around telling everyone.
    This isnt a case where Blizz programmer talks to his gamer bud about setbacks in Alpha, this would clearly be a case of a Blizzard employee breaking his NDA and risking his job telling someone who is guaranteed to leak it further.
    Its definitely in a grey area to give your friends a heads up, but it seems like blizzard is okay with it. Toweliee doesn't give details only vague titles to drum up hype for WoW and his channel. So maybe that is the line Blizzard allows for their friends.

He has been doing this for a long time now and it is unlikely his friends would not have been caught by now. So either Blizzard doesn't care that Towelliee knows a couple days before or Blizzard encourages their team to contact him. Either way Toweliee is special when it comes to Blizzard. Its probably because his dedication to WoW.
    Last edited by GhostPanini; 2020-04-02 at 02:50 PM.

Similarly, I find people who buy into Towellieee's remarks infinitely comical considering the goalpost date moving.

I don't get the e-celeb worship.

Its definitely in a grey area to give your friends a heads up, but it seems like blizzard is okay with it. Toweliee doesn't give details only vague titles to drum up hype for WoW and his channel. So maybe that is the line Blizzard allows for their friends.

He has been doing this for a long time now and it is unlikely his friends would not have been caught by now. So either Blizzard doesn't care that Towelliee knows a couple days before or Blizzard is encourages their team to contact him. Either way Toweliee is special when it comes to Blizzard. Its probably because his dedication to WoW.
    That doesnt really explain why he is given this privelige when other streamers are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lying for views? On the internet? Who would do such a thing??

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I know, shocking. I suppose it is easy to do when you have legions of followers who seem to actually believe it, despite proof to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Just look in this topic on who seem to blindly follow and believe him without questioning anything. It's adorable really.. such gullible people

Jesus how many more years do I have to be right before y'all believe me. What's its been since December Legion Demo after Blizzcon? Lol. Moving the goal post? Yeah that happens when it's been delayed like 3 times. Erm 4 maybe now? Anyways always excited to be right and give you chaps a shoutout as usual =)

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose it is possible All the others are better at sticking to the NDA, though that again jjust raises even further questions on why Blizzard would let a clearly untrustworthy streamer into the know.
    PSA there is no NDA.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesnt really explain why he is given this privelige when other streamers are not.
    Yeah it does, Toweliee is friends with the right people. The other streamers are not. Plain and simple.

Yeah it does, Toweliee is friends with the right people. The other streamers are not. Plain and simple.
    This guy is a smart guy. It's no different then ESPN and NFL network guys like Ian Rapaport and Adam Schfter will get their information before Steven A Smith or Colin Cowherd.
    Last edited by towelliee; 2020-04-02 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    PSA there is no NDA.
    I suppose that would explain how WoWhead manages to have constant updates on the WoW dev process with daily updates on when Alpha is about to show up. Clearly, this is a thing that happens and has been the norm for years and years, anything else would certainly imply a certain level of security around Blizzard and their inner workings.

- - - Updated - - -

So then i guess Toweliee is the biggest asshole then, considering he is willing to risk his supposed friends livelihood by going around wildly sharing the stuff he is told. It isnt like it would be extraordinarily difficult to trace who leaks it, and if it truly was impossible, then why wouldnt Blizzard capitalize on it further by telling other streamers who can actually be trusted with NDAs at all?

even caden confirmed the whole streamers getting inside information or whatever was true lol.

Towelliee and other streamers/Influencers knows shit it has been quite obvious since at least classic beta at least.

I suppose that would explain how WoWhead manages to have constant updates on the WoW dev process with daily updates on when Alpha is about to show up. Clearly, this is a thing that happens and has been the norm for years and years, anything else would certainly imply a certain level of security around Blizzard and their inner workings.

- - - Updated - - -

So then i guess Toweliee is the biggest asshole then, considering he is willing to risk his supposed friends livelihood by going around wildly sharing the stuff he is told. It isnt like it would be extraordinarily difficult to trace who leaks it, and if it truly was impossible, then why wouldnt Blizzard capitalize on it further by telling other streamers who can actually be trusted with NDAs at all?
    Nothing I have disclosed is In anyway information that I would share if I was not allowed to bend around hints to get people hyped. They love that shit. I have never given a specific date or time. And that's all they care about.

Also man asmongold is back <3.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    even caden confirmed the whole streamers getting inside information or whatever was true lol.

Towelliee and other streamers/Influencers knows shit it has been quite obvious since at least classic beta at least.
    Wayyyyy before. More like WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

The right influencers , the ones blizzard likes have the info. But all the LFR heroes and RPers who post here get jealous and don't want to believe it because it ruins their world view that they are special.
    Accept it, streamers and some youtubers have the info and there's nothing you can do about it.

I would imagine Blizzard is happy to have vague information leaked to build hype, it's not like he is leaking features or class changes etc, it's a vague date of when the alpha MIGHT be released. Besides anyone from Blizzard that gives him info knows he will tell his viewers so they do so willingly.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Wayyyyy before. More like WoD.
    myeah probably, my long time memory is quite shit tbh :P.