Page 1 of 2
LastLast

April Fools 2020 - Community Round-Up

April Fools 2020 - Community Round-Up

World of Warcraft Patch 8.8.8 Build 88888
    World of Warcraft Patch 8.8.8 Build 88888 has been officially leaked! Highlights include new allied races such as the Kul Tiran Worgen and Highmountain Goblin, a new essence Vision of Furrpection, two new micro-holidays Mother's Day and Magni-Ficent Travels, as well as class changes!

The Fluorescent Green Mechanostrider Secret Mount
    Kruithne has found the Fluorescent Green Mechanostrider Secret Mount!

DejaCharacterStats
    DejaCharacterStats now provides an updated and logical display of the character stats in a Classic format. For those that don't like Vanilla, you can disable the "Classic Stats" option in the Interface.

Raider.IO Companion App
    Raider.IO has launched their new Companion App. Simply reply with pictures of your companions and the algorithm will determine the rank of your furry friend.

Leaked Shadowlands Login Screen and Music
    Yodragon has leaked the Shadowlands Login Screen and Music.

The Plot Prediction Machine
    Lorestalker Nemzal has posted some exclusive footage of a new machine that predicts the future events of Warcraft's plot!

8.3.5 PTR Build 33841
    8.3.5 PTR Build 33841 has been datamined by Wowhead. Highlights include Gift of N'Zoth Rewards (character customization and the corrupted pepe costume), War Campaign Cosmetics and Surfboard Mounts.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-04-02 at 01:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those cosmetic rewards would be awesome. I can understand the dislikes in the video.

I would kill to have Shalamayne T_T

Wowhead's April Fool's was much better/more sadistic than Blizzard's own.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

15+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead's joke was just mean.

Just saying BFA is joke enough, no need to think something new.

The wowhead ones were probably a low blow, more than Blizzard has managed to do
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

3+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead certainly tricked the most people.
    Hated it. I loved their april fools jokes in the past, but that was just mean and annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead one was absolute dogshit. It's not funny if the things they tease are actually really desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    Wowhead one was absolute dogshit. It's not funny if the things they tease are actually really desirable.
    I don't know, I think it's kinda funny that people are so salty about it.

If they have time for this horse shit, then they better be actively developing Shadowlands before I break my foot off in Hazzikostas' ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Those cosmetic rewards would be awesome. I can understand the dislikes in the video.
    Especially since it was done on march 31st for the US, when blizz offices would be closing. on the same day an alpha build came out. and on a tuesday, when they usually release this stuff.

so yeah, it was VERY beleivable, pair that with it not being funny, so much as "oh my god i cant wait" to only have it come out as "LOL WE TRICKED YOU" yeah people are pissed. they rather laugh, then be tricked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If they have time for this horse shit, then they better be actively developing Shadowlands before I break my foot off in Hazzikostas' ass.
    what...?
    Most of this is community stuff... not blizz, blizzards was literally just a CM who wrote up a bunch of silly patch changes.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what...?
    Most of this is community stuff... not blizz, blizzards was literally just a CM who wrote up a bunch of silly patch changes.
    Oh... so that's why it says Community Round-Up... I thought it was just the community rounding up Blizzard's April Fools joke. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh... so that's why it says Community Round-Up... I thought it was just the community rounding up Blizzard's April Fools joke. Haha.
    correct, only path 8.8.8 was blizz the rest were a bunch of community members, wowheads getting a lot of people pissed at them.

TIL that yesterday people were angry at being fooled... on April Fools Day.

Fools...

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Wowhead's April Fool's was much better/more sadistic than Blizzard's own.
    Yeah, b/c it was amazing looking and stuff ppl actually would want.

Bl3 April fools joke was awesome also. They shrunk ur pets/spell animations in game. Which was hilarious.

Blizzard needs to step up their game.

Wowhead was the only good one, because it's the only one that wasn't immediately obvious. People being salty about it only makes it better.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

the dejacharacterstats fools is still up today lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Wowhead was the only good one, because it's the only one that wasn't immediately obvious. People being salty about it only makes it better.
    I agree. Wowhead one was the only joke that was actually funny.

Good April fools