Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alright so what are YOU doing, to prevent germs and to keep yourself safe?

Yeah yeah, I know cover your cough, wash your hands, keep your distance, I think a lot of us do that, but I'll be honest there is a lot more to it than that, and realistically I have to admit, I might be kind of losing my mind a bit.

For example groceries, and yes, I know what people have been saying rinse your veggies and wash your hands immediately after touching surfaces, BUT has anyone ever actually tried to put this shit into practice, I mean seriously yes obviously after you use the bathroom, or come in contact with surfaces but this is kind of tough.

Say you get groceries, you go to the store, bag everything yourself, take your own reusable bags you disinfect, however once you put groceries inside it becomes contaminated, then you get home.

What do you do first, do you wash your hands immediately after getting inside, if so what happens to the groceries you now left in your kitchen probably on the counter, then you go back unload the groceries do you just put them away or do you wipe down everything and rinse immediately?

Then after you've done that do you wipe down your now contaminated counter, then go wash your hands again, and what about the bathroom, each and every time you go in that damn thing you have to be bringing whatever contamination with you right, there has to be at some point contact one simply can't avoid?

Not sure if I am going overboard but this canned air and Lysol hasn't really been more than 2 feet away from at all times. I am at the point now I am spraying down everything including my wallet and any cash in it.

So what about you, what is your method for fighting germs?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Washing my hands so often that that are so dry i doubt any virus can survive on there for long and staying at home so much that even my inner introvert is starting to miss social interactions.

Luckily the vast majority of Belgians appear to take this crisis serious so people are not endangering others in stores and what not.

Staying at home and avoiding going out no more than once per week.

hmf...I follow the rules...but I admit, if someone breaks the rules where I'm personally concerned, it doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Washing my hands so often that that are so dry i doubt any virus can survive on there for long and staying at home so much that even my inner introvert is starting to miss social interactions.

Luckily the vast majority of Belgians appear to take this crisis serious so people are not endangering others in stores and what not.
    Good people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Staying at home and avoiding going out no more than once per week.
    Yeah other than work pretty much doing the same thing, but man it's still kind of a tough, really weird the stink eye people give each other especially if they wipe their nose or cough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf...I follow the rules...but I admit, if someone breaks the rules where I'm personally concerned, it doesn't bother me.
    Yeah, I am pretty relaxed under the circumstances, but I have to admit I am really trying to actively eliminate as many points of contact when it comes to contamination. Even using my credit card, I am like thinking but what if they touch it, i touch it, then I touched my steering wheel! AHHHH!!

Kind of like moping, but you have to mop where you last stepped, LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Staying indoors (except to get food), washing my hands, wearing a mask, social distancing... all that CDC shit.
    Yeah I am tempted to get some masks on gloves but I worry about maybe looking crazy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay home as much as possible, limiting outings to no more than once per week, shopping as early as I can to avoid crowds. Wash and wipe what I can the best I can. Replaced the lube at my wank station with sanitizer.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Staying at home, but that was going on far before this particular drama.

Washing hands a bit more, but that's about it.

I stay home.
    I wear a mask the 1-2 times a week I go outside.
    I wash my hands when I get back as well as my groceries that need it and then wash my hands again and disinfect my phone and phone case.
    Shopping bags I use I put aside and won't reuse for a week.

I was borderline OCD with cleanliness and shit even before this, so... I'm good. I disinfect groceries before putting them in the fridge. Fruits and veggies = I only buy the ones in packaging right now.

Basically, it is in times like these that us introvert weirdos can SHINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah other than work pretty much doing the same thing, but man it's still kind of a tough, really weird the stink eye people give each other especially if they wipe their nose or cough.
    Yep and I have had a dry cough still over 6 weeks since I was sick with that horrible whatever it was (probably covid-19 based on my symptoms) and everyone kinda moves even further away when I do cough haha.

Well, I go out about once a week for groceries. Do everything as usual, wash my hands when I get home and do everything as usual. No need to panic about this. As long as no one is coughing or sneezing, chances of contamination are very slim. And people here listen to the 'rules' and don't go out when they or people in their household have symptoms.

Staying home. When I go to get groceries, I wear a mask and gloves, wipe the cart, wash my hands with a disinfectant wipe when I get back to the car, leave non perishable and things that don't need to be refrigerated in the car, wipe down everything else.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yep and I have had a dry cough still over 6 weeks since I was sick with that horrible whatever it was (probably covid-19 based on my symptoms) and everyone kinda moves even further away when I do cough haha.
    Are you wearing a mask at least?

I plan on jogging both days this weekend...and keeping fit helps me...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Are you wearing a mask at least?
    Well I have been getting the wife to go out and get things so no need, It isn't a sick cough anymore, it is a my throat is super dry from the infection I had and smoking cough. So no mask when I went to the corner store just gloves, haven't been to the super market for over 2 weeks now.

10+ Year Old Account
    To cut down on anxiety you should create a 'clean zone' in your house, along with a barrier/decontamination zone. Nothing goes into the clean zone without going through the barrier. Try to clean stuff in the clean zone. That way you don't have to stress so much about touching stuff within the 'cleqn' area.

The barrier could simply be the counter top in your kitchen closest to your front door and sink. The barrier should have the necessary stuff to 'decontaminate' within reach. Soap, trash can, towel, wipes, paper towels, whatever.

When you bring something in from outside, be it mail, groceries, whatever you sit them down in the barrier zone. Put grocery bags on the floor if they don't contain fresh food. Don't go into the 'clean zone' until you're finished bringing stuff in from outside.

Open your mail here, packages, take your groceries out of bags, etc. If you want to wipe down food containers/boxes, do it here. You can also place them in your pantry and simply not touch them for 2 days or so. Toss all outside bags. Clean the countertop you used with soap/bleach. Wipe any doorknobs, handles you touched. Wash your hands. You're done. I wouldn't use a spong unless you're dipping it bleach. Not soap, bleach.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    only going out to get a bite to eat. also i am striking down any draenei i see. yucky goats spreading their germs.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-04-02 at 11:59 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stay at home other than grocery shopping/carry out. I wash my hands a few times a day. I haven't worn a mask at all. I don't own one and I'm not really sure if they're available to me or not, but I don't feel much need when I'm inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug I treat it like flu season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I recall, it isn't flu ... but TiC (this is China) and I know two things about flu season: 1) I'm high risk for at least an expensive hospital visit and quite likely the chance to make an ash of myself because of several factors; 2) unless I want to experience the options laid out in item one I'm might as well assume the Chinese are just out to give me the flu because the huge crowds have about that effect.

At least nowadays I don't have to handle money.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Staying home, cleaning suspicious things and taking vitamin C enriched food and additional Vitamin C supplement