The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If you say to.

Did corona start in america too?
    its you saying so..... if corona is what caused them to go under then it couldn't have been quality that did it this is the scenario you made up.

how are you missing when your owns scenario means? marvel isn't avoiding comic releases because of quality.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    its you saying so..... if corona is what caused them to go under then it couldn't have been quality that did it this is the scenario you made up.

how are you missing when your owns scenario means? marvel isn't avoiding comic releases because of quality.....
    Its not that hard to understand. When the source of what keeps businesses afloat, is only handing out shit to them, shit people don't want to buy, then they are not helping said businesses to stay alive.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its not that hard to understand. When the source of what keeps businesses afloat, is only handing out shit to them, shit people don't want to buy, then they are not helping said businesses to stay alive.
    your not actually reading my post are you? there not limited comic releases due to the quality of the comics there doing it because of corona. if you hope them not release comics to stores puts them under then its not a quality issue tis a corona issue.

even if you think all marvel comics are shit they haven't gone under due to that so that doesn't matter to the corona scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    This is WAY worse. They're taking existing characters and shitting on them. New Warriors is a short run with a handful of new characters we'll probably never see again.
    I dunno. New Warriors is actually supposed to take place in continuity though, with these shit characters actually being part of canon(and potentially being able to be brought back if someone was a masochist or something), this is not. Yes, this sounds like shit, absolutely. But it's a YA book, which, well, usually sound like shit, and is just basically a cringey tweens version of what used to be called an Elseworlds book, with what happens in that book being completely separate from continuity. Look at it like a really spectacularly awful version of Injustice. I mean, I absolutely love the Injustice series. But a hardcore Superman fan might very well be pissed at the book and say they were shitting all over Superman's character.

So in a way, I think New Warriors might be worse. Gotham Girl or whatever the book will almost certainly be a shitshow...but it's a shitshow that will never be seen by anyone who doesn't buy the book, it will have no actual effect on the DC universe at large, and it can be safely ignored by any actual Batman fans. You still got the "real" Batman, Catwoman, and Joker doing stuff you can read. New Warriors OTOH, exists in continuity. These characters CAN potentially show up in other books down the line, they could theoretically, affect the Marvel universe as a whole(unlikely but not impossible), and if you happen to be a fan of the original New Warriors, even if you don't read this series, you know that those characters you like are currently being used in THIS book rather than something that you might actually want to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I dunno. New Warriors is actually supposed to take place in continuity though, with these shit characters actually being part of canon(and potentially being able to be brought back if someone was a masochist or something), this is not. Yes, this sounds like shit, absolutely. But it's a YA book, which, well, usually sound like shit, and is just basically a cringey tweens version of what used to be called an Elseworlds book, with what happens in that book being completely separate from continuity. Look at it like a really spectacularly awful version of Injustice. I mean, I absolutely love the Injustice series. But a hardcore Superman fan might very well be pissed at the book and say they were shitting all over Superman's character.

So in a way, I think New Warriors might be worse. Gotham Girl or whatever the book will almost certainly be a shitshow...but it's a shitshow that will never be seen by anyone who doesn't buy the book, it will have no actual effect on the DC universe at large, and it can be safely ignored by any actual Batman fans. You still got the "real" Batman, Catwoman, and Joker doing stuff you can read. New Warriors OTOH, exists in continuity. These characters CAN potentially show up in other books down the line, they could theoretically, affect the Marvel universe as a whole(unlikely but not impossible), and if you happen to be a fan of the original New Warriors, even if you don't read this series, you know that those characters you like are currently being used in THIS book rather than something that you might actually want to read.
    I watched or listened to an interview about the writer of this comic, and to no surprise it turns out that she has never read a Batman comic or seen anything Batman related in her life.

Her husband is a fan of Batman and that is literally the only thing she came off with this.

She also touted some crap because she's Chinese and so she wanted to make all the characters Chinese, Force in a feminist angle with Martha Wayne being the Millionaire and her husband just being a toyboy, and of course forcing in Pro LGBT crap with changing Alfred to be gay.

So what DC effectively did, was take a complete hack writer who has no interest in the source material, and allowed her to throw in self insert Mary Sue Twilight level characters and some proagenda bull crap, have the Batman IP attached to it, and somehow believe there is a market for this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OFXTZTZcf9Y&t=615s
    Last edited by Trassk; 2020-04-01 at 09:19 PM.
    #boycottchina

I watched or listened to an interview about the writer of this comic, and to no surprise it turns out that she has never read a Batman comic or seen anything Batman related in her life.

Her husband is a fan of Batman and that is literally the only thing she came off with this.

She also touted some crap because she's Chinese and so she wanted to make all the characters Chinese, Force in a feminist angle with Martha Wayne being the Millionaire and her husband just being a toyboy, and of course forcing in Pro LGBT crap with changing Alfred to be gay.

So what DC effectively did, was take a complete hack writer who has no interest in the source material, and allowed her to throw in self insert Mary Sue Twilight level characters and some proagenda bull crap, have the Batman IP attached to it, and somehow believe there is a market for this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OFXTZTZcf9Y&t=615s
    Yep. But it doesn't change that this is 100% non-canon, will never cross paths with the actual Batman characters, and can be 100% ignored by Batman fans(and everyone else, I assume) with no worry. It's simply a really crappy sounding Elseworlds/Multiverse/whatever story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yep. But it doesn't change that this is 100% non-canon, will never cross paths with the actual Batman characters, and can be 100% ignored by Batman fans(and everyone else, I assume) with no worry. It's simply a really crappy sounding Elseworlds/Multiverse/whatever story.
    I think the real concern is the idea that DC would hire someone like this with this poor twilight level writing 'talent', and the possibility of them bringing people like this on to write the main timelines stories
    #boycottchina

I think the real concern is the idea that DC would hire someone like this with this poor twilight level writing 'talent', and the possibility of them bringing people like this on to write the main timelines stories
    That seems like a leap though. This clearly isn't meant to be a "real" Batman book, so them hiring someone who doesn't know anything about Batman is sorta acceptable. You don't NEED to know about Batman to tell the crappy sounding story this writer wants to tell. DC is perfectly happy to hire people like Bendis and Tom King, who know about the characters and STILL write them terrible and ruin them, for their real books.

DC needs to get its head out of its ass and rehire James Wan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    DC needs to get its head out of its ass and rehire James Wan.
    Was he removed? That's paramount to the dumbest move WB could make and would solidify sinking the Aquaman franchise, one of their few money makers. I already heard they were thinking about replacing Jason Mamoa and now firing Amber Heard due to the Johnny Depp fiasco.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Was he removed? That's paramount to the dumbest move WB could make and would solidify sinking the Aquaman franchise, one of their few money makers. I already heard they were thinking about replacing Jason Mamoa and now firing Amber Heard due to the Johnny Depp fiasco.
    Neither he nor Jason Mamoa are gone, these rumours were started by a shady click-bait website "We got this covered" Why so many sites quote their garbage is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Neither he nor Jason Mamoa are gone, these rumours were started by a shady click-bait website "We got this covered" Why so many sites quote their garbage is beyond me...
    Oh ok. The rumors on Mamoa were under google news though, but I'm guessing they're also misinformed? The Amber heard rumors are circling under google news too, now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok. The rumors on Mamoa were under google news though, but I'm guessing they're also misinformed?
    Well, they quote sites that quote sites that quoted we got this covered I suppose.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXkkq15c7Es

Oh ok. The rumors on Mamoa were under google news though, but I'm guessing they're also misinformed? The Amber heard rumors are circling under google news too, now.
    Actually I was thinking of Swamp Thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was glad to hear it was some troll site saying it, Momoa is to the dceu what Hugh Jackman was to the X-Men franchise, pretty much lightning in a bottle.
    #boycottchina

Was glad to hear it was some troll site saying it, Momoa is to the dceu what Hugh Jackman was to the X-Men franchise, pretty much lightning in a bottle.
    I'd say Gal Gadot, but yeah, he's a damn good Aquaman and definitely the second most important actor in the DCU after Ben Afflek and to a lesser extent, Henry Caville bombed as Batman and Superman.

I'd say Gal Gadot, but yeah, he's a damn good Aquaman and definitely the second most important actor in the DCU after Ben Afflek and to a lesser extent, Henry Caville bombed as Batman and Superman.
    Henry Cavill*

Ben Affleck*

Ben Affleck was never all that important. Most fan reactions when he was cast was negative. He surprised a lot of people by being decent in the role but both movies he was in under delivered financially and certainly critically.

I'd argue Joaquin phoenix is more important after helping make a billion dollar movie on a shoestring budget and bringing in critical awards to the genre which hadnt been done since the last time someone played Joker that wasnt name Jared Leto.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

rumour going around that the original writers of the 90s x-men cartoon might be reviving it for disney+
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    rumour going around that the original writers of the 90s x-men cartoon might be reviving it for disney+
    Umm....yes. I'll have some of that please, sir.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/disn...series-sequel/

This better be true. That 90's X-Men animated series is right up there as my favourite animated show as a kid (right next to Disney's Gargoyles and Batman the Animated Series), its what got me into X-Men, although I had a few of their comics before I saw the cartoon. But the cartoons made me really get into the comics

If they do revive it, then will they continue and do Season 6? Season 5 was a bit of a let down, although the first half of that season was pretty good until they changed animators.

They have many more stories to catch up on and do their interpretations on since it stopped airing. Onslaught, Zero Tolerance, Grant Morrison's Run, Generation X, Joss Whedon's Astonishing run would fit great in an animated series. Messiah Complex", ther's so much.... although some X-Men stories might be a bit dark, but its never been one to shy away from that before.

Also I hope they have a more revolving roster. It really gutted me out that Iceman, Nightcrawler, Angel and Psylocke didn't have time on the roster and only had feature episodes. Angel had a bit more screen time and appeared in a few episodes though

Either way I want it to be true that they are going to revive it, but I am very cautious because this is Disney now.