Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Can you come with a good example?
    I can't provide verified proof of it because 1. i'm not sure blizzard puts out that kind of proof and 2. i don't really think raid logs would be a good way to prove anything, I can just speak on my own experience on playing the game, sorry. I suppose this is where you insult me and say i don't know what i'm talking about, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I agree with this post so much. The only reason people disliked TF is because they base too much of their IRL self-worth on a video game so someone else having good gear threatens them. The solution is therapy, not ruining the game lol.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...20psychologist

Stop making up these crazy strawman arguments simply because someone disagrees with you.

5+ Year Old Account
    WF/TF has always been a bandaid fix to the problem Blizzard created, that is devaluing gear through showering players with it for any trivial accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    That's exactly what WF does in theory.
    To be fair when you remove that buff from the player and stick them in another group, you are doing a disservice to that group because you aren't getting the same performance. With a simple +5 or +10 WF system, you don't weaken the player, they are still the same player that downed normal/hc raidboss.
    no, what WF does is adds too much RNG to something that shouldn't have too much rng besides whether gear drops or not.. also buff doesn't weaken anyone in a situation where wf doesn't fucking exist

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    no, what WF does is adds too much RNG to something that shouldn't have too much rng besides whether gear drops or not.. also buff doesn't weaken anyone in a situation where wf doesn't fucking exist
    The way it was intended WF barely added RNG, a +5 ilvl or +10 ilvl is marginal over your current gear and your peers. Current implementation is awful, that is too much RNG.
    Buff does weaken people, you take a guy who beat the boss with a buff and now without the buff or in a different difficulty, he isn't the same player that actually downed the content.

7+ Year Old Account
    INB4 Blizz intentionally made corruption worse, so then they can bring back WF/TF in SL and people will praise them for that. I honestly had zero issues with previous system, and now we are stuck with this.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-02 at 07:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah agree...corruptions are a good idea, but without the ilvl procs it doesn't feel that rewarding...it was better before, I hope they make some kind of corruptions + ilvl procs in shadowlands, or at least restrict ilvl procs to BoEs so that you can more easily get bis gear

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    I don't understand why people would want to raid or even play the game when there's no chance to get an upgrade. Once your guild has finally cleared the new tier and you've farmed it for half a year and everyone has had their BiS items forever what's the point? Now with WF/TF gone they've replaced it with an even worse system and come Shadowlands they're either going to remove any sort of loot powercreep system and stick with corruption or have something as bad or worse. WF/TFing was the only thing that gave a little incentive to do the same content over and over for a chance at character progression. Who cares if some LFR floor-licker got a mythic level TF item; it's not like these people are going to somehow become better than you and start raiding mythic because they have a TF piece now. The good players progress the hardest content and the rest don't, regardless of gear.
    It was a bad system in that it forced people to go for crazy loot chances if they wanted the best instead of it being bad because some incredibly lucky rando could have some LFR loot that was Mythic Raid quality. The only people who really cared about things like that were people like you saying that it was fine despite that, as that was the real reason it was so bad.

Then it was thankfully removed... only to be replaced with an even worse system.

I personally hope any random upgrade loot does away and is replaced with nothing in Shadowlands.

Is very simple, blizzard/activision want us to farm longer our bis items to stay subbed longer.

It's all about business/money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    It was a bad system in that it forced people to go for crazy loot chances if they wanted the best instead of it being bad because some incredibly lucky rando could have some LFR loot that was Mythic Raid quality. The only people who really cared about things like that were people like you saying that it was fine despite that, as that was the real reason it was so bad.

Then it was thankfully removed... only to be replaced with an even worse system.

I personally hope any random upgrade loot does away and is replaced with nothing in Shadowlands.
    And that was the crux of the "problem". Players cared too much about some LFR rando getting good item. Why the hell do you care? You wont meet that guy ever again, most likely. And he wont probably come even close to outperforming you. So is it some big dick raider pride, that is being damaged? Random people getting random upgrades will ALWAYS happen.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-02 at 08:15 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    WoW’s current leader was an elitist jerk. It’s not really a surprise they decided to cater to the elitist snowflakes who wanted to be special and have the biggest numbers on their gear.

Tough luck, cause in doing so they’ve made 80% of the content in the game go from relevant to completely obsolete. Blizzard seems to enjoy shooting themselves in the foot to appease snowflakes
    i don't know if we play the same game but the last 4 years were the worst for hardcore pvp and pve players by far the worst and everything started with the "elitist jerk guy" aka Ion being the lead designer
    Source WR 40-150 player for the past 5 expansions
    I.O BFA Season 3

I really think that TFing became so bad when you could get BIS from heroic. The corruption system is really much better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I really think that TFing became so bad when you could get BIS from heroic. The corruption system is really much better.
    Not sure how. It's same RNG as with TF, but now the power difference between have and have-not is so much greater.

Yeah, I'm sure healers absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure how. It's same RNG as with TF, but now the power difference between have and have-not is so much greater.
    It's better because you are guaranteed in the ilvl of your upgrade. At a certain point, you are corruption capped, so the current system allows a minimal amount of upgrades through tweaking from personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure healers absolutely love it!
    The prevalence of smart healing essentially cancels most of corruption effects and turns it into actual healing instead of overhealing.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's better because you are guaranteed in the ilvl of your upgrade. At a certain point, you are corruption capped, so the current system allows a minimal amount of upgrades through tweaking from personal preference.
    People still are getting shafted on loot RNG, more so than with TF. No Twilight Devastation? Well shit. Here goes 30% of your total DPS.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-02 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    People still are getting shafted on loot RNG, more so than with TF. No Twilight Devastation? Well shit. Here goes 30% of your total DPS.
    This is correct. This will always be correct in any RNG system without exception.

I did not realize everything was ruined. How depressing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    WoW’s current leader was an elitist jerk. It’s not really a surprise they decided to cater to the elitist snowflakes who wanted to be special and have the biggest numbers on their gear.

Tough luck, cause in doing so they’ve made 80% of the content in the game go from relevant to completely obsolete. Blizzard seems to enjoy shooting themselves in the foot to appease snowflakes
    Yea idiot, except they've done everything in their power to cater to casuals. Good argument though
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    This is correct. This will always be correct in any RNG system without exception.
    Yes, but previously power diff was much smaller, because WF could be like 10 ilvl on a single item. Now, the difference between having TD and not having TD is enormous in m+. So now we got a new system that also has loot RNG, but with even greater power diff, magnifying issues peeps had with TF. That's why players are frustrated.