Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's pretty convenient. They disagree with me because..?
    They currently haven't yet brought those back?
    Yes, and they won't bring those back because they disagree with you!

Convenient as fuck.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So, the new leveling feature Chromie Time let me think ... what if Blizzard releases the classic zones and old Naxxramas via Chromie Time? They have the client via Classic anyways ^.^ - could even make it a timewalking event or something and make it scale to max level instead of optional leveling content?
    I'd love to see this. I very much prefer levelling in the pre-Cata old world to anything that came afterwards, except perhaps WoD. And who cares about people collecting Old Naxx xmogs, the associated FoS for those who actually played in Vanilla should be exclusive enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Always hated content being removed from the game. So I'm good with adding it back. Would love to see the original corrupted ash-bringer back in the game as well.

And no. Couldn't give two shits about the "prestige" (lol) status of it being ruined.
    Ofc you dont care since you dont own that item. Thats also reason why you want it back. No becouse of looks or stats you just want it becouse only few have it and you dont. And if you cant have prestigue item then nobady should have it. There is enough items for you to faceroll and its absolutly fine to have few of them prestigues and time limited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    It would be nice to actually be able to collect everything, so it would be a yes for me.
    You still wouldn't be able to get *everything*. Some items, like the last pieces of the Icebane set, can only be created via profession recipes that aren't in the game anymore.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Ofc you dont care since you dont own that item. Thats also reason why you want it back. No becouse of looks or stats you just want it becouse only few have it and you dont. And if you cant have prestigue item then nobady should have it. There is enough items for you to faceroll and its absolutly fine to have few of them prestigues and time limited.
    You do realize that is wrong, correct? A ton of people own this stuff and still have no problem bringing it back.

Nope. I want it because it looks cool and I think removing content and items is dumb. I have transmog items that are currently unavailable for the game and would fully support blizzard reintroducing them.

And no don't care if others have it. You are really bad at reading minds bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    A lot of anti-prestige people in this thread.

Im just glad there is at least one place in current wow with prestige...rated arena sets.
    Thank the Light.
    It is no longer prestigious with rewards peaking at 2100 and gladiator being 2400, along with arena climb no longer requiring any game knowledge but gear

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Nope. I want it because it looks cool and I think removing content and items is dumb. I have transmog items that are currently unavailable for the game and would fully support blizzard reintroducing them.

And no don't care if others have it. You are really bad at reading minds bud.
    That’s your opinion, and mine is the opposite. I enjoy prestige items, even if o can’t get them anymore for myself. I’ll never get Atiesh or OG Ashbringer, but who cares? It’s cool if I see someone running around rocking one. Do I think I deserve it, too? No, I didn’t play then and I didn’t earn it.
    Prestige rewards are fine. I actually like having the capability for people to earn things not everyone can.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    How about a compromise?
    Let items drop, but recolor them.
    That way, the OG items are still unique for those who wish them to be while the "new" items are similar, but different enough.
    It's not like recolors of old gear is a foreign concept, just just change the color, maybe a very minor tweak at most.

Hell, even MoP challenge mode gear could be brought back and recolored.
    WoD weapons, why not?
    The originals can still hold their special places for those who obtained them.
    They will still have their memories of the experiences and such, which won't be tainted by the recolors.
    Win-win?

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    How about a compromise?
    Let items drop, but recolor them.
    No, because half the time the new colors are so terrible looking you might as well not use it.

That way, the OG items are still unique for those who wish them to be while the "new" items are similar, but different enough.
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.

It's not like recolors of old gear is a foreign concept, just just change the color, maybe a very minor tweak at most.
    And most recolors are terrible colors picked.

Hell, even MoP challenge mode gear could be brought back and recolored.
    It was. That's what the Order Hall class gear is without the special effects and most look terrible or have terrible colors utilized. Like the paladin one I think the yellow/gold they used is fugly.

WoD weapons, why not?
    The originals can still hold their special places for those who obtained them.
    They will still have their memories of the experiences and such, which won't be tainted by the recolors.
    Win-win?
    Again, they just need to bring back the items period. There's no reason to remove them. Would you like it if developers removed stuff from your other games years later so people who played it first is special and unique? For instance if they removed World 2 from one of the Mario games. Do you think people are going to be like "Man I am so special and unique I got to play World 2 and you didn't because of X reason (typically didn't start the game until later)". No. No one is going to do that nor feel like that. In fact people would be upset if they removed something from a game they purchased/played years later and they wanted to replay it again.

I would rather have "repaired" zones, than classic ones. Meaning I would want the old classic design, but with new quests.
    Don't care for Nax.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Atiesh and Corrupted Ashbringer both deserve their limited status.
    You can still obtain Thunderfury, Warglaives, and Shadowmourne, and all of those are FAR more iconic than Atiesh and CA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    You can still obtain Thunderfury, Warglaives, and Shadowmourne, and all of those are FAR more iconic than Atiesh and CA...
    Thunderfury is not more iconic outside the meme, and has practically no story behind it.

Shadowmourne is MUCH LESS iconic, had no lore outside of the patch it was introduced in.

Warglaives are the only more iconic, and it's xmog has restrictions to only DH.

Once SL comes out I am never leveling in EK nor Kalimdor until a world revamp happens.
    Screw Vanilla zones even harder, use the resources to bring the game forward. Classic exists as a museum holding the og zones anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    If you didn't give a shit 11.5 years back or not play at all, why should you have it? I got my T3 from original Naxx, never cared about the BMAH.
    Why shouldn't they? Multiple legit reasons someone might not have been able to play at that time.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    This explains SO much. So this is why world of warcraft doesn't have:
    - Rated PvP titles and mounts
    - People that farm old Legendary weapons
    - Communities centered around farming old dungeons/raids/open world for transmogrification gear
    - Cutting Edge Achievements for clearing a raid before the patch ends
    - A transmogrification system

Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    That’s your opinion, and mine is the opposite.
    Never said it wasn't an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I enjoy prestige items, even if o can’t get them anymore for myself. I’ll never get Atiesh or OG Ashbringer, but who cares? It’s cool if I see someone running around rocking one. Do I think I deserve it, too? No, I didn’t play then and I didn’t earn it.
    Prestige rewards are fine. I actually like having the capability for people to earn things not everyone can.
    Okay? Odd that this was in reply to me. Cool beans, you like it. I don't and think it's incredibly stupid. Yay for us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Will never happen. You can't recreate what was new 15 years ago, you can't go back 15 years ago only by scaling and reintroducing all spells / trees / balance.
    You would almost have a point... if it wasn't for the small fact that it was 11 years ago when it was removed not 15. By that I mean this was all available in BC where groups where 15-20 (Or less) manning it with amazingly low effort... where the biggest hurdle was the atunment for the warm bodies at that point...

And as others have said if you are going to be a stickler about it then we need to cut almost everything from older content because it's all easier to do now... Raid mounts/pets/gear/achevs? Gone. Battle pets/achives from old patches? gone. 5 man anything? gone. PvP saddle mounts and vendor rewards/gear? gone. Old rep rewards? gone. Questing transmog? Gone, now you get exactly one set visually from levels 1-110.

Hell it may be more difficult to run the thing now with 40 strangers and A time walking adjustment, than it was then with a guild....

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, I have All the CE pets, The removed Zulgrub mounts, spirit of competition, End Heroic raid mounts, all the pre expansion goodies, WoD CM weapons, and a bunch of other things I'm surely forgetting. I would have zero problem with any of them being brought back one way or another. To compansate for ease of acces they can reduce drop rates or as others have said make it time walking oriantated. I'm of the mindset that EVERYTHING should still be obtainable in some way or another. Dont like this seasons glad mount? well cool now you can trade it in for that protodrake that looked better, Missed the chance at some green Xmog Item from Vanilla? well the salvage yard in WoD can very rarely spit it out (So un nerf the salvage yard).

About the only argument I could understand for "Preserved Rarity" is the portion of old unobtainable things that can still be bought on the AH (Hatespark, Huanted momento, ect.) then you can make an argument that it could hurt a persons in game wealth which can be considered a mussier of power, by devaluing items. Even then though, I think with the right rarity tuning (Are you really going to whine that Hatespark now has a 0.1% chance to drop off of rag?) in obtaining something, everything is fair game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Would love to do the old blood elf class quests and get the corrupted ashbringer. So yes please.

Everyone is welcome is classic!