Uuuh, way too many things to quote so, i'll just go by points.

- difficulty in the game is overall right. everything up to challenging is more than fine (if not too easy) the only real outsider is solo heroic. I play heroic + 4 directives because the chance to die isn't impacted by them = everything destroys you. The only viable option is going full offensive because no amount of sustain can keep you alive. So you shred enemies from a distance and be done with it, though new options seems to pop out recently (like the shield tech). Once you group up (even in 2) everything goes in place. I'm not even using the ress hive solo, though i die too much for my tastes.

- heroic solo missions is where the most frustration comes out. And not because of difficulty but because of no respawn. One single status effect kills you no matter how much EHP you have, and eveytime you need to restart. Just go matchmaking and everything is a breeze. Anyway i really hope they fix that.

- skill builds are more than viable. The damage is there though not on par with red crit builds, it just needs a small buff. Again, it's solo where it comes out short because skills require some micromanagement that makes you lose precious time, and because if you go tech/demo you have no self sustain, while being a rifleman you can opt for talents like clutch, unbreakable, bloodsucker etc. In group it's mostly fine. EDIT: even for pure explosive builds, tech is better because if the free yellow - you still get 10%dmg (tech = skill, demo = explosive). This lets you roll a blue on an item, because that 170k armor is not bad to have given zero regen. They should definitely make a talent that heals you on kill/hit/whatever like Clutch, just skill based. Until you want to sacrifice some skill haste for armor regen which is pretty good for solo since you're mostly in cover.

All in all, the biggest problem is that in solo you are the focus of every single enemy who can two shot you from 100m with a shotgun or an smg (exaggeration). The whole game drops an entire level of difficulty when the targets are more than 1 for the enemies. Imho they just need to tone down the damage a little for solo only and remove some enemies. That would fix everything.
    @SirCowdog i'm really undecided between seeker mines and hive, but i REALLY love hive, especially since it's superfast to recharge and gets up to 18 charges if you have the mods. Otherwise striker drone is fine. I'd go with the Hana-U named backpack though since most damage comes from the skill, the Liberty it's mostly for free dmg and infinite shield. I'm also working on a techsplosive, with seeker and sticky. Pretty easy to gather, either HardWired or 1wyvern, 2hana, 1CLIC and i think 2 ceska for even more explosive dmg.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-04-03 at 06:46 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    turrets and drones are useless when the thing that you have to do under 3 minutes is destroy the jammers.

I play on PC, i play with mainly skill based build (no, do not suggest anything that requires precise aim, i play skill based build with bare minimum of micromanagement for a reason), and even trying to go for blue mods whenever possible, is not helping with squishiness. I'm nowhere near min maxed, but I'm also not playing the content that is supposed to require minmax.

i also do NOT have classic M1A rifle, and if I'm no mistaken - you can only get it if you get lucky with recipe drops from control point alert lvl 4 or even luckier - from a vendor at the base (I'm not that lucky). which i cannot clear. I can do 3, but not 4.

and here is the thing. i WAS able to clear the manhunts so far. the problem is - it felt like a horrible, punishing slog. it didn't feel like fun. and once again, i'm comparing it to my experiences with Division 1. heck. i still have it installed, so I logged in just to see if I'm not going crazy. its not even remotely as punishing as Division 2.

and if it were just me, fine. but my SO decided to pick it up again, because we missed playing together. for the moment, he is playing solo just to get used to the game a bit more. this is a guy who did legendaries solo in Division 1. this is the guy who did those legendaries, solo, NO DEATH. having many of the same issues that I do in Division 2. not as many, he is far better at aiming then i am, so he's running a glass canon red build. but nontheless.

edited to summarize. issues I'm having in a nutshell. mobs hit too hard. timers are too tight. and the one that i haven't mentioned, but its definitely contributing a lot. for a game that wants you to stay in cover as much as possible, since mobs hit so hard... it sure doesn't like to provide good options for said cover. more often then not, no matter what cover you find, its exposed, with not a lot of other cover options to roll to near by. which wouldn't be nearly as bad... except I've had trash mobs one shot me for 900k+ damage.
    Have you tried matchmaking with a CC build? My build is literally all crafted or vendor gear (excluding weapons I rarely use) and I'm able to matchmake and complete heroics easily. You don't have to shoot your gun and you rarely need to go in cover because you aren't generating threat. Craft Hardwired mask, holster, gloves, and kneepads. Get a yellow backpack and a chest with Unbreakable. Recalibrate and mod for skill haste. Use Gunner spec for Banshee Pulse and Blinder Firefly for your second skill. Run into rooms first and Banshee Pulse the whole room. Use this time to aim and fire your Blinder Firefly. If timed right, Hardwired will reset your Banshee Pulse. Repeat. That's 25-30 seconds of full room CC. It's a lot of fun, give it try.

https://i.imgur.com/uViAO86.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Oh man, the Div2 reddit is hilarious right now. A whole bunch of people who cheated and got banned crying about how unfair it is.
    So many people making excuses for exploiting because the game isn't in the best state.

to quickly reiterate rather then to address individual points. i don't pug. i refuse to pug. i don't want to pug. i play solo. and solo experience ONLY is what i'm referring to. I'm sure the game feels different when you are grouped. but I'm speaking to solo experience when naturally - everything is focused on me. adjusting scaling for SOLO experience is ALL I'm asking for.

"if timed right" is a deal breaking. anything that requires precise timing or precise aiming is NOT something I can execute. the built I play even though is not minmaxed or top anything by any stretch of imagination - is forgiving as long as i'm allowed to keep using tech. its why I play it. anything with tighter margins - is not going to work for me. its kinda like trying to tell me how amazing and strong striker build was in Division 1, except its only amazing if you can maintain those stacks of a buff... which I never could, which made it less than worthless for someone like me. my accuracy is 20-30% per mission. this is an actual number that I'm given on finish screen. anything that requires more then that? please do not suggest, becasue its not. going. to work... for me... thanks.

but like I said I do ok, as long as I'm allowed to use tech and there is sufficient cover and no time limits.

P.S. is it just me, or those specialization only mods are really really terrible? its like they didn't bother updating them to lvl 40 stats, making them essentially a waste of specialization points...
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-04-03 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Uuuh, way too many things to quote so, i'll just go by points.

difficulty in the game is overall right

Yeah, sorry, it's my habit to respond to each topic individually. Turns things into threadnauts in a hurry.

I think that Massive does not actually play their own game at the heroic level or something. You can tell that scaling and balance is just a big fat guess for them. At the lower end (story/normal/hard) the range of difficulty is not very large. Little tweaks here and there, but when I play, I honestly can't tell the difference between story and hard.

Challenging is where I start to actually feel like I need to pay attention when soloing. But in groups it's often a cluster-F. Either everyone is running forward and getting killed instantly, or we're steamrolling the NPCs with little effort. Except a few missions. For instance: last night I did the Darpa Lab on challenging with two people from my clan. Everything was going fine, right up until the final boss. Then the game decided it was time to chain spam everything the game has: grenades, snipers, heavies, medics, mortars, rushers, medic, warhounds....oh, and the boss is calling in mortar strikes the entire time. It felt like legendary, but it was only challenging.

We couldn't get past it. It was just too much damage and bullet sponge all at the same time. So we turned it down to hard. But that was virtually an AFK victory it was so easy. Something was very off there.

i'm really undecided between seeker mines and hive, but i REALLY love hive, especially since it's superfast to recharge and gets up to 18 charges if you have the mods. Otherwise striker drone is fine. I'd go with the Hana-U named backpack though since most damage comes from the skill, the Liberty it's mostly for free dmg and infinite shield. I'm also working on a techsplosive, with seeker and sticky. Pretty easy to gather, either HardWired or 1wyvern, 2hana, 1CLIC and i think 2 ceska for even more explosive dmg.
    I honestly wanted to like seekers, but they seem REALLY inconsistent. There's plenty of times where my seeker exploded almost perfectly on top of an enemy, and....nothing. No burn, no damage. It happens often enough that I can't bring myself to use it. Same with sticky bomb. Unless you stick it to a person, it doesn't do anything. I don't even know why it has a blast radius, because it literally doesn't blast.

Stinger Hive, on the other hand, almost NEVER fails. It freakin shoots people through walls sometimes!

Honestly, until they fix NPC damage, I'll stick with my shield. It doesn't help me against instant death fire, but at least I can come out of cover to shoot without being insta-gibbed. I'd LOVE to use a double offense skill build like turret + hive, but it just doesn't make the cut. Either enemies ignore the explosion, or they just aren't hurt by status effects(dogs are immune to fire/bleed, and heavies seem to just ignore it).

I had some fun with Stinger Hive + Oxidizer. The oxidizer clouds get really big, and hang around for a long time. But they have "friendly fire". They kill you too if you walk into it, which is bad. And the NPCs just walk out of the damage before being hurt, most times.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-04-03 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    last night I did the Darpa Lab
    Darpa is crazy as hell. As i said, i play now everything in heroic, but some mission and BT especially are way too difficult than expected. Fortunately there's a checkpoint before last boss. I remeber doing it on challenging, had to ask a clanmate to come with me and down it because it was downright impossible. Also. NY are definitely more difficult than DC ones (but i am also less used to them). There are things that are clearly out of scale, and next week another balance pass is coming.

One sentence from the official post is "we agree that 1.7 million armor being shredded in 3 seconds by a purple mob isn't right". Guess what, that's what PTS/test/betas are for. It's just clear that they have laid numbers down and looked at papers but didn't actually try things. Currently the main problem is solo heroics. Challenging is more than doable once you get used to defensive play and try as hell to not get flanked - which slows you down as hell but works. Damage is there for many different builds; i am pretty much 100% convinced that True Patriot is the easiest setup to get to do everything solo due to it having basically everything baked into it. Hardwired pretty much bogus for solo tech builds until you can get good rolled yellows.

- - - Updated - - -

I had some fun with Stinger Hive + Oxidizer. The oxidizer clouds get really big, and hang around for a long time. But they have "friendly fire". They kill you too if you walk into it, which is bad. And the NPCs just walk out of the damage before being hurt, most times.
    Fun fact: you can kill yourself but not your party members with it. Anyway, i'm thinking about the fire chem launcher for my build. First, the ignition does explosive dmg so it scales with my bonuses. Second, you can trigger it by yourself without shooting by double-pressing its keybind. It has also added control due to fire and can be repeatedly used opposed as the sticky. Coupled with seekers i think i'll have a nice build going.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Darpa is crazy as hell. As i said, i play now everything in heroic, but some mission and BT especially are way too difficult than expected. Fortunately there's a checkpoint before last boss. I remeber doing it on challenging, had to ask a clanmate to come with me and down it because it was downright impossible. Also. NY are definitely more difficult than DC ones (but i am also less used to them). There are things that are clearly out of scale, and next week another balance pass is coming.

One sentence from the official post is "we agree that 1.7 million armor being shredded in 3 seconds by a purple mob isn't right". Guess what, that's what PTS/test/betas are for. It's just clear that they have laid numbers down and looked at papers but didn't actually try things. Currently the main problem is solo heroics. Challenging is more than doable once you get used to defensive play and try as hell to not get flanked - which slows you down as hell but works. Damage is there for many different builds; i am pretty much 100% convinced that True Patriot is the easiest setup to get to do everything solo due to it having basically everything baked into it. Hardwired pretty much bogus for solo tech builds until you can get good rolled yellows.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact: you can kill yourself but not your party members with it. Anyway, i'm thinking about the fire chem launcher for my build. First, the ignition does explosive dmg so it scales with my bonuses. Second, you can trigger it by yourself without shooting by double-pressing its keybind. It has also added control due to fire and can be repeatedly used opposed as the sticky. Coupled with seekers i think i'll have a nice build going.
    I tried it. Enemies move out if tbe radius befoee it ignites, even at walking speed.

As for true patriot(and other sets), it just doesn't seem good at all, considering what you're giving up from brand sets. Green gear has one less secondary attribute. And the set bonuses themselves seem like crap to me.

- - - Updated - - -

to quickly reiterate rather then to address individual points. i don't pug. i refuse to pug. i don't want to pug. i play solo. and solo experience ONLY is what i'm referring to. I'm sure the game feels different when you are grouped. but I'm speaking to solo experience when naturally - everything is focused on me. adjusting scaling for SOLO experience is ALL I'm asking for.

"if timed right" is a deal breaking. anything that requires precise timing or precise aiming is NOT something I can execute. the built I play even though is not minmaxed or top anything by any stretch of imagination - is forgiving as long as i'm allowed to keep using tech. its why I play it. anything with tighter margins - is not going to work for me. its kinda like trying to tell me how amazing and strong striker build was in Division 1, except its only amazing if you can maintain those stacks of a buff... which I never could, which made it less than worthless for someone like me. my accuracy is 20-30% per mission. this is an actual number that I'm given on finish screen. anything that requires more then that? please do not suggest, becasue its not. going. to work... for me... thanks.

but like I said I do ok, as long as I'm allowed to use tech and there is sufficient cover and no time limits.

P.S. is it just me, or those specialization only mods are really really terrible? its like they didn't bother updating them to lvl 40 stats, making them essentially a waste of specialization points...
    Honestly, I think you can get a long way with the turret and drone. I also think you could get a decent amount if mileage out of stinger hive too, if you ever get bored with your current setup.

Just be aware that without getting better at shooting, there's always going to be a cap on how far you can go.

I tried it. Enemies move out if tbe radius befoee it ignites, even at walking speed.

As for true patriot(and other sets), it just doesn't seem good at all, considering what you're giving up from brand sets. Green gear has one less secondary attribute. And the set bonuses themselves seem like crap to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I think you can get a long way with the turret and drone. I also think you could get a decent amount if mileage out of stinger hive too, if you ever get bored with your current setup.

Just be aware that without getting better at shooting, there's always going to be a cap on how far you can go.
    I know. I don't expect to solo challenging or anything like that. i just want to not die immediately after popping out of cover without going full tank build for the most part. that was my biggest issue when trying for alert 4 control point. I AM going to try shield. it means i have to give up a turret, so we'll see how that goes.

Don't get hung up on "if timed right", you don't even need to proc the Hardwired talent for it to be viable. With this build you don't need to shoot at all, you don't need to be in cover much, and you only have to spam skills. I didn't know you were so adamant about playing solo, so I guess it's not for you.

I know. I don't expect to solo challenging or anything like that. i just want to not die immediately after popping out of cover without going full tank build for the most part. that was my biggest issue when trying for alert 4 control point. I AM going to try shield. it means i have to give up a turret, so we'll see how that goes.
    Here's me running on hard with a shield and hive. You'll see it's not sup aim or anything. You can basically run right up on enemies, and facetank heavies. Just make sure you keep things mostly in front of you. I died once on this run cause there was a bug where my shield wasn't deploying when I hit the button.

I will say that using a shield takes a little bit of practice. You have to get used to moving around terrain, and being a bit slower. It's going to feel weird at first, but once you get used to it things will run more smoothly. But with a tier 6 skill, you can use a bulwark and literally any other skill. A drone would work almost as as a hive, I'd bet.

But yeah, level 4 CPs are stupid. I did them with this same build and gear, but I had to play super defensively. The game is VERY over-tuned at the heroic level.

Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-04-03 at 11:07 PM.

Here's me running on hard with a shield and hive. You'll see it's not sup aim or anything. You can basically run right up on enemies, and facetank heavies. Just make sure you keep things mostly in front of you. I died once on this run cause there was a bug where my shield wasn't deploying when I hit the button.

I will say that using a shield takes a little bit of practice. You have to get used to moving around terrain, and being a bit slower. It's going to feel weird at first, but once you get used to it things will run more smoothly. But with a tier 6 skill, you can use a bulwark and literally any other skill. A drone would work almost as as a hive, I'd bet.

But yeah, level 4 CPs are stupid. I did them with this same build and gear, but I had to play super defensively. The game is VERY over-tuned at the heroic level.

when i originally accidentally ended up with lvl 3 control point and decided to go for it - i mean it took some effort, but it was doable, so I figured.. might as well try a 4, maybe get me some more blueprints, right? holy mother of difficulty jump..... or rather holy mother of incoming damage jump...

going to try the shield on couple lvl 1 control points for the manhunt, see how i feel about it in the more forgiving environment.

when i originally accidentally ended up with lvl 3 control point and decided to go for it - i mean it took some effort, but it was doable, so I figured.. might as well try a 4, maybe get me some more blueprints, right? holy mother of difficulty jump..... or rather holy mother of incoming damage jump...

going to try the shield on couple lvl 1 control points for the manhunt, see how i feel about it in the more forgiving environment.
    The best way I've found to do level 4 CPS is to start the fight, then immediately retreat to extreme range and draw enemies out. If possible, put entire buildings or other hard cover between you and as many enemies as possible. Always try to make it so that only 1-2 enemies can even shoot at you, especially with grenades.

This is kind of hard sometimes, especially if they have snipers and their stupid explody-drones, or outcasts with their RC cars.

Might be a little harder for you with a pure skill build, but it's doable. Probably better to have a second person around, though. The NPC leader is sometimes a mega-derp who will stand right on top of you, but not revive. Fortunately, as long as there's even one friendly NPC still alive at the CP, you can die as many times as you want and continue the assault.

why are people so obsessed on playing on THE hardest difficulty?
    just pick one that's hard but not ridiculously so and enjoy yourself a bit for fuck's sake

The best way I've found to do level 4 CPS is to start the fight, then immediately retreat to extreme range and draw enemies out. If possible, put entire buildings or other hard cover between you and as many enemies as possible. Always try to make it so that only 1-2 enemies can even shoot at you, especially with grenades.

This is kind of hard sometimes, especially if they have snipers and their stupid explody-drones, or outcasts with their RC cars.

Might be a little harder for you with a pure skill build, but it's doable. Probably better to have a second person around, though. The NPC leader is sometimes a mega-derp who will stand right on top of you, but not revive. Fortunately, as long as there's even one friendly NPC still alive at the CP, you can die as many times as you want and continue the assault.

I actualy tried it with SO. we gave up. it was taking forever, we kept dying and it just wasn't fun at all. I don't know what's going on with scaling for those, but its like npc's just don't take damage. bullet sponges on steroids every single one of them.

especially after we did a test run of district union arena on normal and it was almost obscenely easy with 2 of us. like it didn't scale to 2 people at ALL.

I honestly don't know what is going on with scaling in this game.... i know that they are supposed to patch it next week i think? so hopefully its going to make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    why are people so obsessed on playing on THE hardest difficulty?
    just pick one that's hard but not ridiculously so and enjoy yourself a bit for fuck's sake
    Level 4 CPs contain blueprints, and are needed for some exotics such as the holster.

Level 4 CPs contain blueprints, and are needed for some exotics such as the holster.
    and you need those blueprints and holster for what exactly.....play on even harder difficulties and give yourself more headaches?
    i've got a bunch of gear the game threw at me and i'm having a ton of fun

and you need those blueprints and holster for what exactly.....play on even harder difficulties and give yourself more headaches?
    the thing is.. they are not supposed to be that hard. they are heroic. in theory. not challenging. not legendary. on world being set to normal with no modifiers. and the jump between alert 3 and alert 4 is absolutely bizarre. and then there is a time when i did a mission on normal and kept getting one shot by an average gold shot gunner trash mob, the moment I would poke my head out. its not about being obsessed about hardest difficulty. its about scaling being weird.

as for why, personaly i like collecting things. its the same reason I might spend half an hour in a cleared mission or circling around the area, trying to figure out how to get into a hidden room/reach that collectible i can see just out of reach - without having to refer to a guide.

I actualy tried it with SO. we gave up. it was taking forever, we kept dying and it just wasn't fun at all. I don't know what's going on with scaling for those, but its like npc's just don't take damage. bullet sponges on steroids every single one of them.

especially after we did a test run of district union arena on normal and it was almost obscenely easy with 2 of us. like it didn't scale to 2 people at ALL.

I honestly don't know what is going on with scaling in this game.... i know that they are supposed to patch it next week i think? so hopefully its going to make a difference
    I noticed that with Darpa Labs. Was stupidly easy on hard, but nearly impossible one step up in challenging. But I've SOLO'd challenging.

Something with group scaling is all kinds of whacked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, don't look at me. I'm of a Dark Souls mindset. I LOVE hardcore and difficult content. For me pushing into the highest difficulty is the most fun there is.

But for some REAL basic stuff, like weapon mods, it's kind of annoying that you can only get it from lvl 3 and 4 control points. Things like the +20 ammo magazine for ARs, or even crafting set bonus items. I'm not sure why they did that, or why they haven't changed it. Should just be available to drop anywhere, maybe with a HIGHER chance in higher difficulties.

Honestly I think their entire approach to loot and difficulty needs a shift in philosophy. ANY loot of ANY quality should drop from ANY content. The chances of better stuff, however, should increase the higher up you go. Then throw directives on top of that to increase quality of drops. Even everything out across the board, make god-rolls SUPER rare, so people have a reason to push further, or use directives.

It might seem weird at first, but giving players the option to customize their difficulty but still get a chance at "good" loot at any level is a better overall system, IMO.

I noticed that with Darpa Labs. Was stupidly easy on hard, but nearly impossible one step up in challenging. But I've SOLO'd challenging.

Something with group scaling is all kinds of whacked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, don't look at me. I'm of a Dark Souls mindset. I LOVE hardcore and difficult content. For me pushing into the highest difficulty is the most fun there is.

But for some REAL basic stuff, like weapon mods, it's kind of annoying that you can only get it from lvl 3 and 4 control points. Things like the +20 ammo magazine for ARs, or even crafting set bonus items. I'm not sure why they did that, or why they haven't changed it. Should just be available to drop anywhere, maybe with a HIGHER chance in higher difficulties.

Honestly I think their entire approach to loot and difficulty needs a shift in philosophy. ANY loot of ANY quality should drop from ANY content. The chances of better stuff, however, should increase the higher up you go. Then throw directives on top of that to increase quality of drops. Even everything out across the board, make god-rolls SUPER rare, so people have a reason to push further, or use directives.

It might seem weird at first, but giving players the option to customize their difficulty but still get a chance at "good" loot at any level is a better overall system, IMO.
    hang on. HANG ON. you can get them from lvl THREE control points? i thought it was just 4? at least description says its lvl 4+

but yeah, scaling is.. odd. sometimes its like it didn't apply at all, and other time, its like it thinks there is more of you in a group than there actualy are...

hang on. HANG ON. you can get them from lvl THREE control points? i thought it was just 4? at least description says its lvl 4+

but yeah, scaling is.. odd. sometimes its like it didn't apply at all, and other time, its like it thinks there is more of you in a group than there actualy are...
    IIRC some are lvl 4 only, but players have stated that they sometimes get blueprints from level 3 as well. I suspect the droprate is MUCH lower on level 3, because I've done those and not gotten any blueprints at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely agree with you on that, its all over the place. I can steamroll a +3 CP with my skill build/gearset, but +4 feels like 10x harder than that. I did a +4 a few weeks ago - I kid you not, there must have been 10-12 waves, they just kept coming. Held out for a damn long time, but I ended up getting overwhelmed and it was frustrating as hell.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.