Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Youtubers: Class skins
    Devs: Those are called glyphs. We made them so you could personalize your abilities. We always want to add more but they're not a priority because they don't affect gameplay at all.
    Youtubers: Devs say class skins could affect gameplay in the future

*later*

Devs: We added these covenants, that add a new bit of multi-classing to your character. It's even got all these transmog options. They're modeled after Valkyr, Liches, Vampires & Druids. It's a lot like class skins.
    Youtuber: Sounds shitty. We want class skins instead.
    Devs: This is why we don't let you people in alpha anymore
    The two are vastly different.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Since there’s no news, they’re just restating everything from BlizzCon just to keep up views.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    >summer 2020 release

x

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    If you're describing a PTR or an update patch, yes, absolutely agreed. If you're describing the first publicly accessible build of a new product (version X.0) then that's usually not the case. It's pretty common for them to change the way data is arranged or accessed between expansions which requires miners to change their methodology the first pass through.
    No, I am talking about X.0s. That is how they have always worked. Within the first two hours we usually have a massive collection of icons, the textured maps used by the minimap, loading screens, etc. via MMO-C, meanwhile the first NPC and weapon models start appearing on wowhead and from individual dataminers on twitter.

You can go here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48760409
    To the general discussion thread for BfA, and see that the first build went out at 1:55 thread time, and 25 minutes later the thread is discussing the icons as they are being posted to the front page, 50 minutes later the thread is already discussing datamined scenario text, within the hour there are both minimap files and dungeon maps, and wowhead has models being posted in waves by 3:30.

Here is the Legion thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post37372865
    Build drops at around 2:20 thread time, By 20 minutes later the MMO-C news post for icons is up and starting to post, by 2:55 we have minimap files (ignoring the Thal'dranath Marlamin posted even before the icons went up) and various text, models for legion took significantly longer at ~3-4 hours.

So not sure how you went to bed late and were still waiting for BfA Models in the morning, unless you took a 60 minute power nap.

Should be interesting to see how datamining goes this year. It will very much depend on how many changes there are to the various file formats. Wowhead also has a new tool that is very good and developed by a capable developer so I feel like they'll have a lot of stuff up very quickly. I'll be helping out on the MMO-C side of things this year while also trying to kick wow.tools into working shape. Should be fun.

Really hope the build doesn't drop on Monday because I have work on Tuesday but the rest of the week off.

Towelliee's title says Alpha THOON. TH probably stands for THursday. So next thursday we get alpha bois

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Should be interesting to see how datamining goes this year. It will very much depend on how many changes there are to the various file formats. Wowhead also has a new tool that is very good and developed by a capable developer so I feel like they'll have a lot of stuff up very quickly. I'll be helping out on the MMO-C side of things this year while also trying to kick wow.tools into working shape. Should be fun.

Really hope the build doesn't drop on Monday because I have work on Tuesday but the rest of the week off.
    Oh yeah, they do like throwing you guys off with that, huh? If so, that'll probably be a hurdle this time around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh yeah, they do like throwing you guys off with that, huh? If so, that'll probably be a hurdle this time around as well.
    There's a few things they can do, some of them pretty disastrous and some of them a mild annoyance at most. Should be interesting either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I don't trust any information Toweliee has. His screenshots of the alpha were fake because they don't have the correct affiliate game lineup, but I can imagine them not wanting to reveal a new class at the reveal because they don't want to underplay the DK pre-order bonus
    Wait what pictures were posted now I’m interested

There's a few things they can do, some of them pretty disastrous and some of them a mild annoyance at most. Should be interesting either way!
    Post maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Do you guys think they will cancel the undead invasions? Especially if they were planning a plague again.
    Why would there be plague during the upcoming invasions? It's explicitly feral Scourge that's going to be set loose, not the Cult of the Damned. Probably some Jailor's minions as well, considering the reason behind the invasions.

Well, if they wanted, they could pretty much kill datamining as a whole, couldn't they?
    Since I think they consider datamining a valuable part of creating hype, I doubt they'll throw disastrous stuff at you, but they might tease you.
    But I don't know anything about the direct process there.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    I so want those class skins....
    That was a part of the leak season now he’s just posting literal crap I mean someone might as well copy and paste that dragon expansion and say it’s going to be 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Post maps.
    That is definitely one of the things that could get very annoying. Maps got much harder during BfA, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, if they wanted, they could pretty much kill datamining as a whole, couldn't they?
    Since I think they consider datamining a valuable part of creating hype, I doubt they'll throw disastrous stuff at you, but they might tease you.
    But I don't know anything about the direct process there.
    They could and to an extent already dealt a few big blows during BfA. There's 1 or 2 things I can think of they could do that would pretty much kill datamining for at least a week up to a month or so while we scramble to fix up tools. Hopefully they won't do -that- just yet.

3+ Year Old Account
    Post pictures of the new customization options if they're available? And maybe of the dungeons?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

They could and to an extent already dealt a few big blows during BfA. There's 1 or 2 things I can think of they could do that would pretty much kill datamining for at least a week up to a month or so while we scramble to fix up tools. Hopefully they won't do -that- just yet.
    Yikes. I imagine that would get people pretty riled up if it happened now and we got a dataminable alpha build.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Post pictures of the new customization options if they're available? And maybe of the dungeons?
    That is definitely not in my wheelhouse but I'm sure that if stuff is available in character creation that that will be posted pretty quickly. Dungeons is doable pretty quickly if there are no major format changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    None of those are new races, guy. Troll options already have the Farraki/sandfury, a tribe that has always been hostile and would need said lore explanations to explain why they are suddenly friendly and have young members living and being trained on Darkspear isle. They also seemingly have customization options for dark trolls, a subrace that was, as of BfA, completely wiped during Cataclysm except for a single specific individual.

Both of those require a much bigger explanation than say Frostborn, who are already on extremely good terms with the regular dwarves, explorer's league and Alliance characters; the man'ari, who Velen has continually tried to convince to seek redemption and who now have no Burning Legion or cause anymore, or Broken, who have been a part of the forces of Exodar since day 1. What would or wouldn't have been an allied race is irrelevant now that allied races are not a focused system. Wildhammer are easily on the same level as Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, or Mag'har, yet they are a customization option in Shadowlands.

I also don't think any of those necessitate further options in subcategories. You could very easily do broken by just having (exactly like DK) a Broken face option that also switches the skin texture to the scarred/more emaciated look of the broken--the only other difference between the two is broken having slimmer biceps and thighs. Unless trolls are wildly outliers, I imagine many of these (Man'ari, Frostborn, Taunka) are potential options. You say it will be "low hanging fruit" but jewelry/hair/etc. requires more work than something like Frostborn or Man'ari, which just involve modifying existing, already mapped textures.
    Sorry but there's Alot wrong here.

First the other troll tribes being in the hord is explained in bfa, those troll tribes not allready in the hord joined under the zandalari and thus are now in the hord.

But that aside there's more difference between a broken and Dreani and a frostborn and a dwarf than can be portrayed by just a skin colour change, the broken are a whole different model for a start putting a broken skin over a current Dreani would look nothing like a broken just an ugly Dreani, and those things like frostborn dwarfs would them selves need there own specific sub customization.

People pinning there hopes on vastly different races via this new customization are living in fantasy land and setting them selves up for disappointment. This is enhanced customization not allied races 2.0.

That is definitely one of the things that could get very annoying. Maps got much harder during BfA, sadly.
    Maps are going to be especially interesting this time around. With Legion and BfA the feature trailers showed off a lot more of the zones, with high up terrain shots) and we also had zone previews at Blizzcon.

For SL we don't have much yet. We've seen a good chunk of Bastion, but Ardenweald is pretty much one subarea screenshot and then a look at some dense groves, Maldraxxus has only shown a few narrow canyon areas even though a large portion of the zone is open bone wastes and marshes. Revendreth's castle structures are absolutely massive, and it also has more open hilly lowlands and the canyony sunlight exposed regions. And there's nothing about the Maw except the concept art showing it's shrouded in swirling smoke and even the structures/land itself seems to dissolve into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Sorry but there's Alot wrong here.

First the other troll tribes being in the hord is explained in bfa, those troll tribes not allready in the hord joined under the zandalari and thus are now in the hord.

But that aside there's more difference between a broken and Dreani and a frostborn and a dwarf than can be portrayed by just a skin colour change, the broken are a whole different model for a start putting a broken skin over a current Dreani would look nothing like a broken just an ugly Dreani, and those things like frostborn dwarfs would them selves need there own specific sub customization.

People pinning there hopes on vastly different races via this new customization are living in fantasy land and setting them selves up for disappointment. This is enhanced customization not allied races 2.0.
    There isn't. If you actually read quests you'd know that the Farraki in BfA are actively aligned against the Zandalari most of the expansion and even after the Alliance attack on Dazar'alor, are only neutral, not allies. The Zandalari are the Zandalari and other tribes are other tribes, they aren't the Mag'har. The issue with Dark trolls isn't joining the Horde, my guy, this issue is that there is. CANONICALLY. One, single Dark Troll in existence, because the rest of her relatively small tribe was wiped out during Cata, so she now just hangs around the Zandalari as a relic of the past.

And I have to wonder if you even read my post, because as I explained, the upgraded broken model, like the one the Krokul on Argus use, is extremely close to the Draenei model, the only big difference between them is the size of their upper arms. It's a non-issue. Giving them an emaciated texture skin, will, just like the Void Elves, and the Demon hunter Night elves and blood elves, make them look emaciated. The difference is 95 face+skin texture, and the alternate tail.

Frostborn would not need their own specific sub customization, because they all have one skintone/texture and one hair color that dwarves already ahve, so all you need to make them is access to that that skin.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2020-04-03 at 09:42 AM.