Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'll take it, she'll be gone either way. It's a win-win situation.
    I would bet money she somehow gets "redeemed" he who shall not be named isn't going to let them kill off his waifu.

I'll take it, she'll be gone either way. It's a win-win situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I would bet money she somehow gets "redeemed" he who shall not be named isn't going to let them kill off his waifu.
    if we want to be free from Sylvanas' corruption on forums then she needs to die.

I don't even hate her but I'm oversaturated by her already.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-04-02 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Yes, the dead are sent to the Maw, but that would happen sooner or later anyway. For someone who is primarily concerned with what happens after death, what does it matter if someone gets to the Maw right now or after a long and prosperous life? That life is still nothing compared to the eternity of the beyond. So if killing lots of people right away would allow them to "fix" the Maw problem for the long term, wouldn't it be worth the sacrifice? This is very similar to what Illidan did last expansion, if more direct.

Every time we faced the Legion, we "won" by closing a portal or defeating a demon lord, but after that they just kept trying, so every victory was merely postponing the final showdown. By opening the portal to Argus, Illidan forced us to have that final showdown right away, and it paid off... but a lot of people died because of it. On a cosmic level, maybe this was a necessary gambit, maybe we wouldn't have been able to stop the Legion 1000 years in the future and this was our one shot, but from the perspective of a regular mortal Joe down on Azeroth, it would have been better if Illidan, Velen, Khadgar and the raid group had sacrificed themselves at the end of the Kil'jaeden encounter and that particular invasion had ended there.
    You posit too many ifs for my liking, and Sylvanas being a beat by beat repeat of Illidan instead of Kerrigan or Garrosh doesn't mane for a better story, it just changes who is angry at the sudden turn said story takes, shifting it from you to the people who dislike Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Apparently winning all wars and killing Horde characters isn't enough for you. Endless satisfaction cannot happen in endlessly greedy minds of Alliance players.

- - - Updated - - -

Good advice for all the people mourning dead night elf babes.
    If by “winning all wars” you mean “being hit with some kind of atrocity that is presented as worst thing to ever happen to you and makes you a victim” and then “after some half-hearted punches in kiddy gloves finishing the war because we cant fight anymore (apparently) looking like cowards and weaklings” and then “having vengeance denied and any angry characters portrayed as stupid warmongers” then yeah. I would give anything for the type of event like Teldrassil against the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    sylvanas didn’t want them to spread hope within the forsaken for peace
    Returning to thread's original topic.
    If you don't see why this makes little sense in terms of Forsaken lore, i don't know what to say. Fucking hope for peace, for Forsaken.

Imagine Sylvanas from before CONVINCING Forsaken to go to war. They are military, a faction born from Scourge remnants with only goal being preparing for war with LK and expanding living space with any means nessesary. Can you imagine what social priorities and hierarchies this society would create? Following a ruthless general into possibly unwinable war with enemy way bigger than themselves would have changed whatever peaceful nature they had during life
    And then comes Sylvanas in BtS, acting as an opressor for her Faction. Because yes, of course Forsaken would be peaceful if not for her. Just want to have families and to be loved. It's not just assasination of Sylvanas that became a convinient plot device, it's arguably assasination of Forsaken identity.

Painting forsaken as just undead humans is the worst type of characterization in my opinion.
    And if we look at nelvs, they are also being "humanized". I think the problem is Afrasiabi and pals just don't know how to describe anything besides humans and orcs and worse still don't know how to structure a story for MMO.
    And what pains me the most is people in community agreeing that yes, Sylvanas is evil, should be killed because good beats evil, no big deal. Not realising they are digging for little rest of coherent lore a hole. Because if this un-nuanced "work" flies under community radar one time they will do it again.
    Last edited by Necromind; 2020-04-02 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    If by “winning all wars” you mean “being hit with some kind of atrocity that is presented as worst thing to ever happen to you and makes you a victim” and then “after some half-hearted punches in kiddy gloves finishing the war because we cant fight anymore (apparently) looking like cowards and weaklings” and then “having vengeance denied and any angry characters portrayed as stupid warmongers” then yeah. I would give anything for the type of event like Teldrassil against the Horde.
    I would like that too. Then you would have to suffer from 90% of your leadership trying to get themselves killed by opposite factions and then begging Horde for their gratious mercy.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would like that too. Then you would have to suffer from 90% of your leadership trying to get themselves killed by opposite factions and then begging Horde for their gratious mercy.
    It was Saurfang alone who tried to kamikaze into Alliance lines. Plus we wouldnt be “begging” oh no. That would be us “restoring honor” and then getting away with all ridiculously evil shit we did. You just dont know how that feels to let the Horde go again and again... How many more cities should we lose? How many tragedies and genocides should happen before we start mutilating and hanging their corpses on the streets and celebrating deaths of their civilians like Horde did when they rampaged through Ashenvale?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromind View Post
    Returning to thread's original topic.
    If you don't see why this makes little sense in terms of Forsaken lore, i don't know what to say. Fucking hope for peace, for Forsaken.

Imagine Sylvanas from before CONVINCING Forsaken to go to war. They are military, a faction born from Scourge remnants with only goal being preparing for war with LK and expanding living space with any means nessesary. Can you imagine what social priorities and hierarchies this society would create? Following a ruthless general into possibly unwinable war with enemy way bigger than themselves would have changed whatever peaceful nature they had during life
    And then comes Sylvanas in BtS, acting as an opressor for her Faction. Because yes, of course Forsaken would be peaceful if not for her. Just want to have families and to be loved. It's not just assasination of Sylvanas that became a convinient plot device, it's arguably assasination of Forsaken identity.

Painting forsaken as just undead humans is the worst type of characterization in my opinion.
    And if we look at nelvs, they are also being "humanized". I think the problem is Afrasiabi and pals just don't know how to describe anything besides humans and orcs and worse still don't know how to structure a story for MMO.
    And what pains me the most is people in community agreeing that yes, Sylvanas is evil, should be killed because good beats evil, no big deal. Not realising they are digging for little rest of coherent lore a hole. Because if this un-nuanced "work" flies under community radar one time they will do it again.
    BTS pretty soundly shows that the majority of forsaken don't care about old world ties and don't want to be peaceful or return to there family's with or without sylvanas's involvement, if you want the forsaken to be a hivemind where every one shares the same views your looking for the scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    It was Saurfang alone who tried to kamikaze into Alliance lines. Plus we wouldnt be “begging” oh no. That would be us “restoring honor” and then getting away with all ridiculously evil shit we did. You just dont know how that feels to let the Horde go again and again... How many more cities should we lose? How many tragedies and genocides should happen before we start mutilating and hanging their corpses on the streets and celebrating deaths of their civilians like Horde did when they rampaged through Ashenvale?
    You don't know how it feels to be betrayed every time you get upper hand in conflicts. You don't know how it feels to see your leadership apologising yet another time. You don't know how it feels to be accused of everything, while Alliance's misdeeds are completely ignored. You don't know how it feels to lose major characters just to fill raids. Alliance's forgiveness is more disgusting than forgiving the Horde.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    You need to come to terms that your character felt betrayed by the Banshee Queen and along with the Horde is chasing her all over Shadowlands to simply kill her. You simply can't be the villain. If you wanted a villain you should have tried Warhammer.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to come to terms that your character felt betrayed by the Banshee Queen and along with the Horde is chasing her all over Shadowlands to simply kill her. You simply can't be the villain. If you wanted a villain you should have tried Warhammer.
    lol no, i dont have to come to any terms. the moment the forsakens should be ruined (and for now and me, calia leader of the forsaken is enough) ill delete my character (maybe both, even if my forsaken dk hasnt any rp other than be a random STRONG WOMAN!).
    no other way.
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-04-02 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol no, i dont have to come to any terms. the moment the forsakens should be ruined (and for now and me, calia leader of the forsaken is enough) ill delete my character (maybe both, even if my forsaken dk hasnt any rp other than be a random STRONG WOMAN!).
    no other way.
    The Forsaken were supposed to be different from the Scourge trying to make their own society away from the others according to how they were depicted in the game at first. Did you seriously expected to make a Forsaken that has a view of complete annihilation of the living like any villain and expect for that to pass? If yes then perhaps it is time to delete the character and go try Warhammer as this game is perfectly set up for Good vs Evil. As long as you are part of Warcraft your character joins the Rebellion at best or felt betrayed by the Banshee Queen and now wants to change.

That is simply how it is. I wanted to dismantle the Horde for good this time but my character and every other npc has to agree with Anduin's final decision.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2020-04-02 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    The Forsaken were supposed to be different from the Scourge trying to make their own society away from the others according to how they were depicted in the game at first. Did you seriously expected to make a Forsaken that has a view of complete annihilation of the living like any villain and expect for that to pass? If yes then perhaps it is time to delete the character and go try Warhammer as this game is perfectly set up for Good vs Evil. As long as you are part of Warcraft your character joins the Rebellion at best or felt betrayed by the Banshee Queen and now wants to change.

That is simply how it is. I wanted to dismantle the Horde for good this time but my character and every other npc has to agree with Anduin's final decision.
    oh yes, forsaken arent suppoused to want to completely genocide every single enemy, but surely to hate the livings, they are fucking undeads. and not have any single remorse in killing them. these were forsaken quests since vanilla.
    and damn, i would prefered to be chained even unable to play 8.3 spitted by all orgrimmar instead to have to help baine in even half quest. now i have to watch powerless my comrades imprisoned even after having punched to death eitrigg and murdered half traitors army out of the orgrimmar gates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    considering their current writing, I wouldn't be surprised if she is just imprisoned.

the Golden Boy is gonna forgive her
    The million dollar question you need to ask is,

Who's gonna defend her in her trial?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    oh yes, forsaken arent suppoused to want to completely genocide every single enemy, but surely to hate the livings, they are fucking undeads. and not have any single remorse in killing them. these were forsaken quests since vanilla.
    and damn, i would prefered to be chained even unable to play 8.3 spitted by all orgrimmar instead to have to help baine in even half quest. now i have to watch powerless my comrades imprisoned even after having punched to death eitrigg and murdered half traitors army out of the orgrimmar gates.
    You are mistaken. Not every Forsaken is like this. Blizzard has created them for the sole purpose to be different from the Scourge. A lot of them were the same as they used to be in life. The Forsaken Champion is one of them. At worst your character felt deceived and betrayed and now helps the Horde chase down the Banshee Queen. With all due respect. Didn't you know what game were you playing? Have you never played Warcraft 3 and Wow Vanilla to see how the Forsaken started?

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    We are at an impass, with a writer who loves Nathanos and would allegedly have bias towards Sylvanas retaining dark antihero status and a writer who seems dead set on replacing her with a holy priest as leader of the forsaken.

Honestly my bet's on Golden, new lore trumps old lore in most cases. But we should really have them fight to the death in the office for our amusement to settle this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    That's not even a question, it'd have to be Baine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We are at an impass, with a writer who loves Nathanos and would allegedly have bias towards Sylvanas retaining dark antihero status and a writer who seems dead set on replacing her with a holy priest as leader of the forsaken.

Honestly my bet's on Golden, new lore trumps old lore in most cases. But we should really have them fight to the death in the office for our amusement to settle this.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not even a question, it'd have to be Baine.
    who drags her out in chains? whos people have been hurt the most?!!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

who drags her out in chains? whos people have been hurt the most?!!
    The Forsaken, duh !

With angry Night Elves being presented as not only savages, primitives but also unjust for airing grievances at her and the Horde.

Not sure why people still cling to the idea that Danuser wants to redeem Sylvanas and maker her a hero... in the last interview, he was very harsh on her, stating that she started the war and that she's Garrosh 2.0. My faith in Danuser has been restored fully.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

The million dollar question you need to ask is,

Tyrande LFMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people still cling to the idea that Danuser wants to redeem Sylvanas and maker her a hero... in the last interview, he was very harsh on her, stating that she started the war and that she's Garrosh 2.0. My faith in Danuser has been restored fully.
    WAIT WHAT?!

links please i dont believe that guy stopped loving sylvanas