Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    The one thing most anime fans feared most was having a Liberal Progressive localization company in the ear of Japanese producers. Well, that’s exactly what’s happened now that Funimation has joined a Japanese production committee.

In a post published on March 12th, 2020 over on the Funimation blog, they announced that they are now working directly with and influencing Japanese anime productions.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/0...mittee/106573/

It's over, guys. Very soon, if you will want to watch an anime the way it's airing in Japan, and the way it was intended, you will have to sail the high seas because the English version will be corrupted by SJW politics and censorship.

If these Japanese companies are so stupid as to take Funimation's word that THIS is what the Western audience want, then by all means they absolutely deserve to lose money in the West due to people preferring the original version of an anime over the SJW-fied version that's on the market, and sailing the high seas in order to obtain it.
    Well, you seem triggered. The fact that you even use the term SJW greatly negates any point you may be trying to make.

And, yes, I did see your list of grievances further down in the chain. Those grievances are nothing more than straw man arguments.

I would recommend that you try over again, but this time eliminate the whole "Liberal Progressive" and "SJW politics" and "SJW-fied" nonsense out. Stop using straw man arguments...no one is trying to make absolutely every character this way or that way. Find better sources than what you posted...his arguments are pretty easy to debunk as they are narrow and highly cherry-picked. (Also, pro-tip, anyone who exclusively uses their own rants as hyperlinked proof of something is not putting out good arguments)

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Well, you seem triggered. The fact that you even use the term SJW greatly negates any point you may be trying to make.

And, yes, I did see your list of grievances further down in the chain. Those grievances are nothing more than straw man arguments.

I would recommend that you try over again, but this time eliminate the whole "Liberal Progressive" and "SJW politics" and "SJW-fied" nonsense out. Stop using straw man arguments...no one is trying to make absolutely every character this way or that way. Find better sources than what you posted...his arguments are pretty easy to debunk as they are narrow and highly cherry-picked. (Also, pro-tip, anyone who exclusively uses their own rants as hyperlinked proof of something is not putting out good arguments)
    Why do these terms trigger you? Do they by any chance represent you at least partially, so you feel the need to lash out and say it's not true?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    All those people, despite the ''European'' names, are Eldians, which are very, very, very obviously equivalent of Jews.
    Spoilers below, apparently.

Didn't they also try to conquer the entire world with their powers, and often brutally so? To the point where they butchered three times worth of the entire human population? And didn't their king decide to wall them off at one point? Just skimming through the wiki articles, but I'd hardly equate that to the suffering or situation the Jewish people went through under Nazi Germany. Aside from visuals I don't see that many parallels. They weren't targeted for extermination because of some false sense of superiority by someone else, but because they posed a threat to every other nation.

And when I keep skimming the wiki article, and find references to 'New Eldian Movements' and 'Yaegerites' in the 'Eldians' page, I get the distinct feeling that the Eldians are the Nazis in this story, like this guy called Floch and his Gestapo-buddies, who conduct scorched earth tactics, and when I read that correctly, Eren killed children and civilians to prove point to Marley/Mare Kingdom...?

You sure these guys are the 'Jews' in this scenario? Doesn't Eren go full-on genocidal maniac, vowing to destroy all life outside the walls of Paradies? Because that's sounds a lot like a certain Total War tactic I've heard off.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2020-04-03 at 02:42 PM.

Those are some heavy manga spoilers, so you might want to cover some of this up. Like some of this stuff basically just happened in the last couple months.

Edit: To respond though, this isn't a 1:1 recreation of the Holocaust or WWII, that'd be boring to read. Even with some pretty significant differences in the story though, it is quite obvious that Eldians beyond the walls are supposed to be metaphorical for European Jews during the early stages of the Holocaust.

Edit with manga spoilers: The situation is quite complex, most of the Eldian evils happened 2000ish years ago, so really, current Eldians aren't responsible for whatever their ancestors have done. Many Eldians also think it's Marleyan propaganda, and the readers only find out that Marley's official history is true when we see the past in one of the chapters.

Most Eldians also aren't on board the whole Yeagerist train, as most Eldians are actually outside the walls in camps, and Eren's plans will mean their deaths too.
    Last edited by Paetolus; 2020-04-03 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Have we watched different RWBY's? xD
    You probably missed Volume 6 when the shit went down, and pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    These are some heavy manga spoilers, so you might want to cover some of this up. Like some of this stuff basically just happened in the last couple months.
    As I've said, never read it. Sorry, will cover that up. The point stands, though.

"Oneangrygamer"

I laughed so hard, thanks for that. Opinion discarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So, scanning the comment section on that website and I saw phrases like "SJW agenda" "Tranny Olympics" "dyke stuff" and the cream of the crop "Make reality your escapism, take up arms and use FORCE to EXTERMINATE as many LGBTQ+ subhumans, feminists/SJWs and Jews as you can." Not to mention repeated use of racist terms for Jewish people, black people, and, most amazingly considering it's a post about anime, Japanese people.

Seems like a real swell bunch of people. I will be sure to ignore every single opinion they have.
    It's Oneangrygamer. It's just basically an alt-right echo chamber for discrimantion and incels, It's best to avoid ir.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-04-03 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    You probably missed Volume 6 when the shit went down, and pretty fast
    While Season 6 was definitely quite weak (and S7 was noticably better), I still fail to see how any of that applies to RWBY at all.

These are some heavy manga spoilers, so you might want to cover some of this up. Like some of this stuff basically just happened in the last couple months.
    You should delete your quote too, because its still showing the spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    You should delete your quote too, because its still showing the spoilers.
    Thanks, stupid me didn't realize that.

Why do these terms trigger you? Do they by any chance represent you at least partially, so you feel the need to lash out and say it's not true?
    Dude, I know that for your kind, TRIGGERED means ''people disagree with me, therefore they are wrong and emo'' but your posts are way more ''triggered'' than people pointing you out that there are more lesbians in anime than in the entire history of Hollywood.

And as we are into insults, I will repeat it. Your kind is incapable of discerning political-social context in works of fiction, if one of your handlers is not telling you what to hate. The imbeciles who post on ONEANGRYGAMER could be put into the stage of a dance number by the Village People, and would not get the double sens of the lyrics even with the biker screaming them with his pelvis one centimetre from their face. On the other hand, if ONEANGRYGAMER told them the Teletubbies promote the gay agenda, they would instantly believe it.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2020-04-03 at 03:17 PM.

I don’t watch much anime but it does seem to be a legit concern that translators will change things to suit their agenda instead of just trying to be as accurate as possible to the source. It seems like that if you wanted to watch anime, you’d want it as close as possible to the creator’s vision.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I don’t watch much anime but it does seem to be a legit concern that translators will change things to suit their agenda instead of just trying to be as accurate as possible to the source. It seems like that if you wanted to watch anime, you’d want it as close as possible to the creator’s vision.
    Yeah, I'm sure they like Trump, have dozens of guns, think ecology is for wusses, love nuclear weapons and don't have schoolgirl lesbians in the original version

In fact, Weathering with you was about a MAGAboy rolling coal in Texas before the SJW changed the plot.

The one thing most anime fans feared most was having a Liberal Progressive localization company in the ear of Japanese producers. Well, that’s exactly what’s happened now that Funimation has joined a Japanese production committee.

In a post published on March 12th, 2020 over on the Funimation blog, they announced that they are now working directly with and influencing Japanese anime productions.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/0...mittee/106573/

It's over, guys. Very soon, if you will want to watch an anime the way it's airing in Japan, and the way it was intended, you will have to sail the high seas because the English version will be corrupted by SJW politics and censorship.

If these Japanese companies are so stupid as to take Funimation's word that THIS is what the Western audience want, then by all means they absolutely deserve to lose money in the West due to people preferring the original version of an anime over the SJW-fied version that's on the market, and sailing the high seas in order to obtain it.
    "oooh nooo, some Cartoons are going to change in ways that I don't like" ok.

I watch weeaboo stuff on a daily basis, I have no idea how this is supposed to affect me.

I don't see how shows like "Konosuba" will be affected by something like that.

3+ Year Old Account
    Is JJBA part 6 going to be affected by that?

Though I doubt they've been making it due to the virus
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Can we get some examples? I'm genuinely curious what anime you think are "SJW".
    Funimation did some nonsense with Dragon Maid I know that got people really mad. They completely changed a scene from one character mocking another to a scene of "yeah fight the patriarchy" basically.

That being said, that's the only real big case I've heard of, and honestly if someone thinks Funimation is gonna have some big sway in Japan, I'd laugh.

Just look at Nintendo, and think of how much influence NoA had (the answer is very little). And there's still other companies out there like Crunchyroll.

All in all, this article comes off as some "SJW!!!" fearmongering while dashing a tiny bit of facts on it to try to have some support.

10+ Year Old Account
    cba actually reading all of this lol thread but do people realize that Funimation has been sitting on production committee's for shows since at least 2016? (and same goes for Crunchyroll)
    You people are 4 years late with this but hey nothing has changed.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    But what "agenda" would they be trying to push anyways? A companies goal is to make money. The only reason they would change something is because they think it would sell better in a particular market if they did so. I highly doubt Funimation or any other company is going to sabotage themselves in order to push some imagined agenda.

To be honest, I don't even know what this supposed "SJW agenda" even is. To have more characters in media that are female, gay, non-binary, and/or non-white? Oh no! What ever will we do if only 50% of all media has straight, white, males as the lead character instead of 95%? That will ruin the world! Won't anyone think of the children?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are some heavy manga spoilers, so you might want to cover some of this up. Like some of this stuff basically just happened in the last couple months.

Edit: To respond though, this isn't a 1:1 recreation of the Holocaust or WWII, that'd be boring to read. Even with some pretty significant differences in the story though, it is quite obvious that Eldians beyond the walls are supposed to be metaphorical for European Jews during the early stages of the Holocaust.

Edit with manga spoilers: The situation is quite complex, most of the Eldian evils happened 2000ish years ago, so really, current Eldians aren't responsible for whatever their ancestors have done. Many Eldians also think it's Marleyan propaganda, and the readers only find out that Marley's official history is true when we see the past in one of the chapters.

Most Eldians also aren't on board the whole Yeagerist train, as most Eldians are actually outside the walls in camps, and Eren's plans will mean their deaths too.
    Well that’s assuming Eren plan isn’t actually to make himself a villain to absorb all the blame from the rest of the Eldians. we still don’t know what the future Eren’s father saw
    They were also apparently at war with Marley before getting the Titan power so I’m saying marleys subjection was justified, since we saw the Marley were clearly inspired by romans and we all know what the romans had a habit of doing.

On topic I’m not really worried about this merger, I’m sure there will be plenty of gory/creepy manga/anime being produced by other groups regardless of this.