Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    When referring to SJW its always to the extreme when its forced and cringe usually references real world 'issues' (media hype) and politics, simply having a non white or gay character doesn't mean SJW. that is not an agenda, realistically and statistically there are very few of these people but for some reason it must be pushed in our face 24/7, that is the issue people have with it.

And I never brought up star wars you did.. and the white male hate is very obvious in media in recent years, its just sensationalism cancer.
    I was using Star Wars as an example because I heard it used all the time by others. But fine.

Again, you say white male hate is very obvious but where? Give me some examples.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I was using Star Wars as an example because I heard it used all the time by others. But fine.

Again, you say white male hate is very obvious but where? Give me some examples.
    Incoming tumbler posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

When referring to SJW its always to the extreme when its forced and cringe usually references real world 'issues' (media hype) and politics, simply having a non white or gay character doesn't mean SJW. that is not an agenda, realistically and statistically there are very few of these people but for some reason it must be pushed in our face 24/7, that is the issue people have with it.

And I never brought up star wars you did.. and the white male hate is very obvious in media in recent years, its just sensationalism cancer.
    Dude, do you realize that screaming ''they are removing white male leads'' in anime is ridiculous ? Anime casts, with 90% non whites, 99% non christian, and around 99.99 % at least bicurious schoolgirls are what your kind is supposed to hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Incoming tumbler posts.
    They are going to show the t-shirt (which obviously mean the producer is hostile to the Western world, as opposed as Georges, which made an entire trilogy about space corporations seceding because they don't want to pay space taxes)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Dude, do you realize that screaming ''they are removing white male leads'' in anime is ridiculous ? Anime casts, with 90% non whites, 99% non christian, and around 99.99 % at least bicurious schoolgirls are what your kind is supposed to hate.

- - - Updated - - -

They are going to show the t-shirt (which obviously mean the producer is hostile to the Western world, as opposed as Georges, which made an entire trilogy about space corporations seceding because they don't want to pay space taxes)
    The new Star Wars were all shit but it had nothing to do with vaginas and skin color.
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

so basically NA anime would be censored as always.
    but the problem is that the censorship is different or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    Problem is that they wont be just censored, they will be made this distorted way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Problem is that they wont be just censored, they will be made this distorted way
    no they won't
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I've always preferred the original Japanese track with English subtitles anyway produced out of Japan. The English dubs are absolutely awful even when faithful. I mostly watch Dragon Ball, but damn, I can't stand Christopher Sabat's gurgling drain-o voices, or the idiot that voices Goku, so even as an anime enthusiast, this has no effect on me whatsoever.
    I agree subs are vastly better in most cases, though I do like the dub track in Kill la Kill more than the original.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Imagine bitching about this non-issue during a pandemic.
    Imagine thinking that Ishoku (?) Reviewers got dropped because of ''SJW''....

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Right, because SJW agenda is about non-straight characters only.
    Here's a few snippets of what SJW agenda entails:
    - unattractive female characters in order to prevent female objectification, because real women feel inadequate compared to the characters made to be perfect. If there are attractive female characters they must be dressed up as much as possible, a burqa is perfect.
    - female characters must not be shown in supporting roles such as wives, because that would be submission to the so-called patriarchy.
    - any and all stereotyping or jokes made at the expense of female characters, are forbidden. The same doesn't go for male characters.
    - same as above with LGBT characters. Also the same doesn't apply to straight characters.
    - focus on male heroism must be avoided, or at most a female character must be supporting them, because otherwise it's pandering to toxic masculinity and incels.
    - female characters being evil, must be avoided, or at most there must be a strong motivation on why that female character is evil, preferably having to do with a male character from her past.
    - only straight white male characters can be evil.
    - only straight white male characters can be stupid and weak.
    Yikes.

Imagine trying to live in this world when you think this is true.

Except simply having a non white or gay character automatically fires up the burning rage of all the people that love to rail against the "SJW agenda". And since you seem to fall into this bucket, I find your claim dubious at best, flat out disingenuous at worst.

Meh I can still fap to doujins and eroge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So, scanning the comment section on that website and I saw phrases like "SJW agenda" "Tranny Olympics" "dyke stuff" and the cream of the crop "Make reality your escapism, take up arms and use FORCE to EXTERMINATE as many LGBTQ+ subhumans, feminists/SJWs and Jews as you can." Not to mention repeated use of racist terms for Jewish people, black people, and, most amazingly considering it's a post about anime, Japanese people.

Seems like a real swell bunch of people. I will be sure to ignore every single opinion they have.
    Yeah that’s how it happens. Trolls ruin things for everyone by being assholes.

I find it hilarious honestly. Everyone argues in favor of censorship thinking that will stop people from being assholes when all it does it strip away rights from everyone.

Oh well I despise anime and can’t give two shits about this. Sucks to be you guys though. Enjoy that shit while you can. I’ve seen the vocal minority online crying about it for years because they get angry how Japan doesn’t believe in westerns views on social norms.

It’s going to backfire eventually. The more these people push to change other cultures they’ll end up causing a backlash. Sorry weebs it’s time we fix your anime and make it appropriate :~)

7+ Year Old Account
    Best show of the season ez.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Yikes.

Imagine trying to live in this world when you think this is true.

Except simply having a non white or gay character automatically fires up the burning rage of all the people that love to rail against the "SJW agenda". And since you seem to fall into this bucket, I find your claim dubious at best, flat out disingenuous at worst.
    Which is odd again, because in anime, virtually all the characters are SJW (they don't have guns, they are not white, they are not christians and are extremely open sexually)

I knew you would be watching it haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Which is odd again, because in anime, virtually all the characters are SJW (they don't have guns, they are not white, they are not christians and are extremely open sexually)
    They really are. In fact, so much that they'd even destroy their enemies to prevent slavery or rescue a girl and what not.

Yet on the other hand. Animes are so often about sugoi japanese technology, oishii japanese food and yasashii japanese men, that you would think these cartoons are made for nationalist/imperialist japanese boys.

America is to be feared, Korea is to be hated, Germany/Europe is an ally.
    Basically every single time countries are involved, it's like that.

Korean "mangas" or whatever they are called there are like that too.
    I noticed that most recently again when I read "Solo leveling".
    These people hate each other so much - it's almost funny if it weren't so sad.

And lets not forget to mention how Blacks are being potrayed in Anime..
    What's that anime about these black cockroach-humanoids called again? Yeezus

Or just take a look at "Gate".
    I really enjoy these shows, but I really have to turn a blind eye on these things, because it's flipping silly.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-04-03 at 05:54 PM.

I thought this was a thread about One Piece, now I'm disappointed.

Oh no anime is going SJW!!!

Wait wait a minute, hasn't it always been SJW? Heck even look at the classics like Starship Yamato which is basically an antiwar, pro-environment, and anti-racism.

Look at Akira, or Ghost in the Shell, or Tank Girl... or geeze just actually watch anime and you would be like holy crap I have been in love with SJW themes since I was a little kid why didn't anyone tell me? Because when you take the connotation of SJW label out of it you realize that all the SJW "Crap" is about being a good person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Imagine bitching about this non-issue during a pandemic.
    Imagine thinking life ended with pandemic and will never be restored so we don't have to be bothered with other issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    cba actually reading all of this lol thread but do people realize that Funimation has been sitting on production committee's for shows since at least 2016? (and same goes for Crunchyroll)
    You people are 4 years late with this but hey nothing has changed.
    Honestly they're a few decades too late if they want to whinge about American companies fucking up animes.

Cardcaptors is still a travesty to this day if we want to "SJW-fy" things. The amount of censorship that show got is borderline North Korea level.