Yeah, on this topic

{Was Barret stabbed in FF7 ? I don't remember. Could they have him die instead of Aeris ? Could they actually change a decade old} spoiler
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2020-04-03 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, they couldn't just remake the damn game like people asked for?

I'm hoping what I read isn't true. This could be pretty controversial, which is like the opposite of what they needed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

I'm hoping what I read isn't true. This could be pretty controversial, which is like the opposite of what they needed to do.
    Well, there is a point of trying to instigate some surprise….

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

nah, doubt it, they had to stretch it and lead us through some false loops.

But was { Barret stabbed in FF7 ? I}

No, I do not think so. However, this is not supposed to be 1:1 remake of the original. And he'll obviously survive since they can't destroy the canon since Barrett is in Advent Children.

Mod edit: Let's use spoiler tags
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2020-04-03 at 07:44 PM.

<thoughts on the spoiler leaks>

The new story sounds pretty whack.

On the one hand, I'd rather they create a new story rather than just do a beat for beat remake of the game. The original FFVII exists and nobody is taking that away from you. Mind as well use those development resources to tell a different story.

On the other hand, I've said it before, and I will say it again: I don't trust Nomura. And the spoilers feel like the remake is going to delve into more convoluted KH crap, where nothing makes sense and the end in incredibly unsatisfying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything regarding spoiler leaks should use spoiler tags. Don't want to upset anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

The new story sounds pretty whack.

On the one hand, I'd rather they create a new story rather than just do a beat for beat remake of the game. The original FFVII exists and nobody is taking that away from you. Mind as well use those development resources to tell a different story.

On the other hand, I've said it before, and I will say it again: I don't trust Nomura. And the spoilers feel like the remake is going to delve into more convoluted KH crap, where nothing makes sense and the end in incredibly unsatisfying.
    Two things

Nomura and Sakaguchi wrote the base for the original 7 which is why the opening credits has them as "Based on a story written by.", most of what we're getting is from the original writing that made ff7.

Secondly, he's not the main writer for the remake anyway just the director. The main scenario writer for the remake is the one who did the writing with Kitase in the original FF7.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

On the other hand, I've said it before, and I will say it again: I don't trust Nomura. And the spoilers feel like the remake is going to delve into more convoluted KH crap, where nothing makes sense and the end in incredibly unsatisfying.[/spoiler]
    Agatha Christie was supposedly supportive of changing the culprit in adaptation of her works : after all, if people know beforehand everything...

Got my copy yesterday.

It was almost everything I hoped it would be and a huge relief after the disappointment that was Kingdom Hearts 3. Especially with Nomura involved in the remake. Faith restored.

Now I'm just waiting for part 2. And wondering how many parts there will be.

Inb4 FFVIIR-VII concludes the series in 2033.
    Last edited by Tronski; 2020-04-03 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Got my copy yesterday.

It was almost everything I hoped it would be and a huge relief after the disappointment that was Kingdom Hearts 3. Especially with Nomura involver. Faith restored.

You already finished the game? Main story was that short? Or did you play 24 hours or so straight?

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    You already finished the game? Main story was that short? Or did you play 24 hours or so straight?
    Well, almost 2 full days. Not gonna spoil anything apart from it being a game to look forward to playing.

Got my copy yesterday.

It was almost everything I hoped it would be and a huge relief after the disappointment that was Kingdom Hearts 3. Especially with Nomura involved in the remake. Faith restored.

Is there signifiant plot changes ?

Well, almost 2 full days. Not gonna spoil anything apart from it being a game to look forward to playing.
    Fair enough.

Have they said if progress would carry over to episode 2 or is that still to be determined?

Is 99 the level cap or is it lower?

I don't have PS4 I have PC so I don't really care too much because I can't play if I see you playing I'll break your console.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I don't have PS4 I have PC so I don't really care too much because I can't play if I see you playing I'll break your console.
    Ok tough guy.

Enjoy the game in a years time on your PC.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Ok tough guy.

Enjoy the game in a years time on your PC.
    Yeah I'm just sour, really wish I could play.

Downloaded... this week is going to be long....

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Is there signifiant plot changes ?
    Yes and no. Overall plot is the same, but there's many small alterations and extra stuff happening between major plot events. Mostly because they expanded the world and built further upon main characters. The storytelling has also changed a little, either to make the plot easier to understand, or because cutscenes wouldn't fit in elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Fair enough.

Have they said if progress would carry over to episode 2 or is that still to be determined?

Is 99 the level cap or is it lower?
    No info has been shared yet, and I dont know if 99 is the cap. Probably is, but I haven't gotten there.

I hope some progress would carry over, but it's hard to see how save for the way suikoden 2 handled it.
    Unless it's just a minor boost the game can be trivialised pretty quickly, but materia progress would obviously be nice to have carry over. I imagine doing the same grind every game is gonna be tiresome.