What makes it rare? It releases on my birthday, can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. The Chiss were always one of the more interesting races to me and a book that dives into their society is something I am very interested in. Plus, more Thrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What makes it rare? It releases on my birthday, can't wait.
    Fairly certain the rarity comes from the fact that few people will bitch about it, in theory anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Fairly certain the rarity comes from the fact that few people will bitch about it, in theory anyhow.
    I've learned people will bitch about anything amd everything, especially on these forums.

Well, Timothy Zahn is the writer...that's a plus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading?! Where's my movie? I can't be bothered to get excited over simple text.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting, I know only the basics on star wars but this looks like something I can sink my teeth into.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Reading?! Where's my movie? I can't be bothered to get excited over simple text.
    Turn in your geek penis card immediately!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Ikr who reads in 2020? Make it a movie or TV show ya bums
    Or just listen to an Audiobook?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Looks interesting, I know only the basics on star wars but this looks like something I can sink my teeth into.
    Virtually anything Tim Zahn is worth a look, there are a couple of Thrawn books in the new continuity out already. The first one especially is a great read.

thrawn was one of the best written characters in the original books, that play after the first 3 movies. in this books luke and lando do a lot of things together, and the han solo crew. that books were genius. and thrawn was the major character and that was great.

always thought, just bc of the timeline, thrawn must be in the new movies. but like han solos childs had the wrong names (Ben was the name of lukes son i.e.) i got that they not have thrawn in the movies. also that pirate captain, cant remember his name, do not exist in the new movies.

i got the feeling that this blonde starship leader/commander should somewhat play the position of thrawn. but thrawn was a way another story and a way another caliber and the most iconic dark side character.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Going to guess the main character is a woman or some shit because sarah is talking about it.
    The main character is an alien warlord, part Sherlock Holmes, part Julius Caesar. He's sort of a decent person but ruthless and not above exterminating his enemies.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    thrawn was one of the best written characters in the original books, that play after the first 3 movies. in this books luke and lando do a lot of things together, and the han solo crew. that books were genius. and thrawn was the major character and that was great.

always thought, just bc of the timeline, thrawn must be in the new movies. but like han solos childs had the wrong names (Ben was the name of lukes son i.e.) i got that they not have thrawn in the movies. also that pirate captain, cant remember his name, do not exist in the new movies.

i got the feeling that this blonde starship leader/commander should somewhat play the position of thrawn. but thrawn was a way another story and a way another caliber and the most iconic dark side character.
    Just be patient. I'm sure Thrawn will show up in The Mandalorian sooner or later. I mean if the rumors are correct we have Ahsoka and Doctor Aphra for the second season.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be skipping the book as I haven’t read any EU novels since swtor came out and I don’t plan to change that but it’s good to see that I was right about there being more thrawn content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

Thrawn isn't in any of the movies yet, but he does exist in the new cannon. There is a new Thrawn trilogy of books written by Zahn, a comic series, and he was in a bunch of episodes of the Rebels TV series.

P.S. for anyone who has not read the original Thrawn trilogy, even though it is no longer cannon, it is totally worth checking out. The anniversary release of the audiobooks in particular are fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Virtually anything Tim Zahn is worth a look, there are a couple of Thrawn books in the new continuity out already. The first one especially is a great read.
    I most definitely will look into them.