Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've decided to play a bit with modelviewer and Photoshop...

So here goes my very own mockup for a Highborne Night Elf. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Astranea; 2020-03-23 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post

Awesome, great job! I'd love to have this playable.

This is really good. I love that you also fixed the crooked eyebrows, and love the star earings.. and I definitely feel they should have star effects on places like the eyes/heair or skin instead of arcane runes (like Illidari DH and Nightborne or face masks like the regular female - although your night elf can always choose that option ) .. it is also fitting that only mage or possible only mage and priest get access to this.

I would like the night elf warlock if it ever happens to only use the Illidari model. while it would be tempting to make a highborne access to a warlock, especially given the shen'dralar's history, the whole point is that they're corruption free and restored to the original noble purpose of the highborne before the addiction ruined them. I can't imagine a highborne like Farondis condoning being warlocks, nor any of the Darnassians who returned to being highborne or new novices who have since joined the ranks when becoming novices. And it would undo the whole point of the shen'daralars few years in exile.. So no, night elf warlock only mjakes sense if they are illidari. Only illidari utilise and employ demons like that. Altho for them it's a the and use/abuse situation entirely.. there is no love (unlike regular warlcoks).

This means the night elf warlock will have the exact cutsomisation options as the demon hunter and properly gain glide (but that can be changed to a slowfall or removed).

Highborne customisations should be on the mage.. but if they extend it to other classes, it shouldn't be available on the druid. Priest, hunter and warrior at most. or maybe rogue instead of hunter.

Night elf mage by Fanfoxy on DeviantArt
    Fanfoxy art is so outstanding. I love her (his?) style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Fanfoxy art is so outstanding. I love her (his?) style.

I was quite impressed by that, it's like when people understand what the fantasy of a group is.

One of the things i think is hard to capture is when fantasy describes things as amazing, stunningly beautiful, gorgeous, very intelilgent, and somehow usaully fail to show this.. the places and people they show don't measure up, the people aren't written in a way that makes them actually as intelligent as they're supposed to be, and they're not as gorgeous as the descriptions say.

The worse is in film adaptations of books, when the atuhor describes a character as stunningly beatuiful or very handsome, and they just get an aveerage looking actor..Or they describe the place a s awonder, amazing cibilziation, stunning etc etc, and then whoever is doing the cartoon or

Elves and elven homes have been largely unimpressive in fantasies, they are described in books as amazing, but most of the people who translate them to games or films, just don't seem to be able to capture the high /stunning or very beatuiful fantasy.

Warcraft did that well with the blood elves, they also did it well with the Night elven cities of Zin'azsarhai and Suaramar, and in teh cinematics and posters they do well by the ngihte lves.

Night elf in-game model, (well really the male and the night borne males are the oens that really let the side down)

I really think they should make the night elf attractive, or at least give it attractive highborne options. Night elf lore and assets are equally stunning to blodoe lf ones, and they are shown quite well in cienamatics, I don't see why they should some how be uglier in-game. It's why people are obsessed with highe lves (I have no issue against high elves and their validity for the alliance) , but I think that the failure for the high fantasy night elf that is in their lore from the highborne and their kaldorei civilization.

When blizzard created the nighte lves, they made them the elven standard, they bear the hallmarks of great magical adeptness, and it is from them all elves get their elven charactersititics, which is high magic, nature love - this is why the Kaldorie have the greatest elven civilization and the greatest levels of magical mastery. It's all in the lore, , but somehow ingmae the allianceones just have to be worse than the hrode, so much so that even when a great night elven city appears, they can't give it to the alliance. .. and they wonder why people keep craving high elves. Make the highborne really good, and half the people who desire high elves would be satisfied.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-03-24 at 08:24 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]

Blizzard should do a little update of the night elf female model ! Especially the hands, look how horrible they are.
    They need sharp nails like the example on the right!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some more examples from Fan Art

(I added them to the main post as well - together with several contributions from @Mace - His original post here.)

The Highborne by LiberLelula on DeviantArt

Highborne female by Aloija on DeviantArt

Night elf mage by Fanfoxy on DeviantArt

Highborne female by Nozomi-N on DeviantArt
    Absolutely beautiful art.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Only people who play elves could possibly care about this shit, seriously? Fucking NAILS?

How many orc players do you see complaining about a lack of tusk options.

Jesus Christ.
    When people care about something, they notice and are picky about details you woudln't think twice about

You should visit the Troll apperance posts, or the orc ones, people have mentioned all those things.

When you have millions of players with only 14 options to choose from, you know, people are going to want a little bit more option. Besides, when I make a character, I really want to be the only one to look like that. And if everyone wants to look good, but you only have one good looking combination.. guess what, most will pick that.

Very good, although I would try to make the purple bits more teal to fit the robe crystals and make her more similar to Tyrande. I am waiting for more of that stuff.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Very good, although I would try to make the purple bits more teal to fit the robe crystals and make her more similar to Tyrande. I am waiting for more of that stuff.
    I was thinking of other options they could do for highborne that's a bit differnet from the other elves, I don't think they've tried the long wavy hair, lush and full as an option.

This would also look amazing in the other skin colours [ I mean the picture above]

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I was thinking of other options they could do for highborne that's a bit differnet from the other elves, I don't think they've tried the long wavy hair, lush and full as an option.

This would also look amazing in the other skin colours [ I mean the picture above]
    Long wavy hair is a domain of Ren'dorei and Sin'dorei to some extend. But I wouldn't complain if they shared some things, as they have common ancestry.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Long wavy hair is a domain of Ren'dorei and Sin'dorei to some extend. But I wouldn't complain if they shared some things, as they have common ancestry.
    Not the wavy hair I'm talking of, the ren'dorei don't have that wavy hair, theirs is more like tendril type hair, not the luscious waves you see on people. in fact no race really has wavy hair in wow, all the females have straight hair, void elves might come closest though, but it's not waves, it's tendrils

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not the wavy hair I'm talking of, the ren'dorei don't have that wavy hair, theirs is more like tendril type hair, not the luscious waves you see on people. in fact no race really has wavy hair in wow, all the females have straight hair, void elves might come closest though, but it's not waves, it's tendrils
    I think you are talking about curls now.

Aren't highborne just night elves of a high caste? aren't they the same thing? most of those pics here seems like fanart rather than original content.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    Aren't highborne just night elves of a high caste? aren't they the same thing? most of those pics here seems like fanart rather than original content.
    Pretty much, while the art is beautiful, those essentially look like Thalassian elves with a lighter purple shade (lighter than void or night elves) and then lighter/blonde hair. Highborne looked just like night elves to my knowledge, and those who migrated to eastern kingdoms evolved into the thalassian elves we know today. Maybe there were some blonde highborne, but I've never seen any official art of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    And this is why some players want more elaborate jewelery for their night elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Pretty much, while the art is beautiful, those essentially look like Thalassian elves with a lighter purple shade [...] Highborne looked just like night elves to my knowledge.
    So, since we never saw Undead NPCs without exposed bones, Blizzard could and should never add such an option either, right?

And the Darkspear tribe Trolls could and should never get new colors normally belonging to others tribes, right?

I believe we are talking about adding extra customization to the player models, and see no reason why Blizzard could not add a few options of lighter and darker shades of purple and blue to the Night elves skins, as blue and purple already belong to their palette.

As for a blond Highborne, I may be wrong of course, but I believe I see one in the Azshara animation.
    (Where there would also seem to be others with black and red hair)

Last edited by Astranea; 2020-04-03 at 08:34 PM.

So, since we never saw Undead NPCS without exposed bones, Blizzard could and should never add such an option either, right?

And the Darkspear tribe Trolls could and should never get new colors normally belonging to others tribes, right?

I believe we are talking about adding extra customization to the player models, and see no reason why Blizzard could not add a few options of lighter and darker shades of purple and blue to the Night elves skins, as blue and purple already belong to their palette.

As for a blond Highborne, I may be wrong of course, but I believe I see one in the Azshara animation (Where there would also seem to be others with black and red hair)

Dath'remar was a ginger. This is interesting to note.

So, since we never saw Undead NPCs without exposed bones, Blizzard could and should never add such an option either, right?

but we did saw undead npcs without exposed bones...

And they aren't getting "new" colors, other tribes as far we know are being available under the darkspear, canon colors, since we saw then.

I don't think we are going too much distant to get a pinkish white night elf, who doesn't exist in the canon, more or less variations of we already have, like, i can see more blue night elves, since i think Azshara was more blue in the old Dungeon, but the fanart are looking way too much of blood elves, even their body shape, i imagine the night elves getting more muscular "savage" options in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Nightborne to me, the Horde is there for you.

/s

I like it, I like it a lot more than high elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.