Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and what you want to see ? even if alpha starts it will be under NDA.

you wont see anything untill beta start . and we are months away from it
    That actually wasn't the case for BfA; the alpha build was not under NDA.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

News about WoW:
    Some peeps: NO, IT'S BAD, IT'LL BE BAD, DON'T BOTHER!!!!!111

Having had the honor of helping blizzard with the last few alphas, I hope to beable to help them again in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Why bother? When have they listened to your feedback during Alpha or Beta? In Legion, with Legiondaries or the attrocious AP grind? In Bfa, with Azerite?
    It's happened.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    That actually wasn't the case for BfA; the alpha build was not under NDA.
    Same for Legion, only 2 public alpha's they've had. Usually they call it Beta when they release to the masses.

This one may not even be released as Alpha honestly, they may release as Beta again.

next week on daily wow news:
    - ppl lust for alpha
    - alpha starts
    - alpha looks like BfA 2.0
    - ppl disappointed
    stay tuned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why bother? When have they listened to your feedback during Alpha or Beta? In Legion, with Legiondaries or the attrocious AP grind? In Bfa, with Azerite?
    True, but it still beats playing bfa. Just keep trying, play the beta and submit feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    True, but it still beats playing bfa. Just keep trying, play the beta and submit feedback.
    Feedback for what exactly? They have year after year ignored mostly all feedback from forums and ingame during alpha and beta, why should we even bother now? You think they changed over night or something? Let's take some examples shall we

Shaman feedback during alpha and beta ignored
    Warrior feedback during alpha and beta ignored

Why? Because the design team "felt" like it didn't match their point of view of the game and their "design idea" of the class. I'm betting you it's the same team and they will keep ignoring your feedback because they are "ROCKSTARS" in their world. I think it's time that they came off their so called "throne" and someone gave them a reality slap about the current game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbane View Post
    Can't wait to see how the Alpha and Beta develop until launch, hoping this time they give us plenty to test early on as not to repeat the mistake with azerite armor.
    Alpha - April and May
    Beta - June to November
    Prepatch - November
    Launch - December
    First raid - January

Prime example legion. Monk feedback in beta took over half the expansion to fix. Think it was a SeF issue. And bm hunters had something also they took just as long to fix.
    We all know streamers get priority invites but that's just for marketing they don't even listen to their feedback. So again what's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    It is disingenuous to try to claim they never listen to feedback. Your hyperbole shows your bias.
    Erm... but, they really don’t listen and haven’t listened to feedback for a few expansions now. Sure, a year after the expansions things get fixed but historically it’s been their way or the highway for quite some times...

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    next week on daily wow news:
    - ppl lust for alpha
    - alpha starts
    - alpha looks like BfA 2.0
    - ppl disappointed
    stay tuned.
    Can we at least pretend there might be some good things/changes coming after them seeing how successful Classic is?

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Can we at least pretend there might be some good things/changes coming after them seeing how successful Classic is?
    Too bad the elements that made Classic fun (at least for me) don't mix very well with a lot of elements on Retail.

I love Classic but making things "more like Classic" is a terrible idea unless you want to move the game as a whole into that direction, but that's very unlikely to happen.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-04-04 at 02:51 AM.

Wow cant wait to see asmongold get a key after spitting on the game for 2 years and see all his mongoloid chat spam "wow sucks" and i ll be here waiting for my key after playing for 10 years

TLDR : I want in plz

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You can't "fix" a bad expansion from the outside, especially if the producer is a company that doesn't seem to hold player feedback in high regard.

Like, a bad expansion is the fault of developers making the wrong decisions on a constant basis, the production being a total mess and so forth, that doesn't go away because people from the outside might deliver good or valueable feedback.

If Blizzard truly wanted to have the players participate in the production process, they would have talked about it in a big way months ago, talked about their ideas, presented things that clearly communicate their intent behind certain things.
    Once those things go live (in Alpha or Beta) the development is locked in a lot of places already because the production line of this stuff is rather long.
    Problem is, that since blizzcon, we havent heard a single peep from the devs regards plans and ideas and shower thoughts. But it doesn't mean that crucial decisions arent being made in the background still. When "something" rolls out for the players to test, it is usually 70% done. Not to mention how flagship expansion features tend to flop since WoD.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-04-04 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    good things ? maybe.

changes ? to the better ? hmm. not sure about that.
    i mean, it depends on what „better“ means to you. when better means a corruption-like system and only utility spells added back, or same (or even more) grind in another form, well, then this is not better, for me. but maybe for some others.

i am not sure if SL alpha will make a lot ppl here happy. but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    But it doesn't mean that crucial decisions arent being made in the background still.
    Problem is that giving feedback is to some extent a two way street, in order to give targeted feedbeck, i need to have some understanding of the intent of the creator.
    If i get no input over the intent, i can only say "this is good / bad".

Like, the one thing Blizzard has been specific on was the fact that the Covenant abilities are locked and you can't easily switch - and that's the one thing where you ironically have a pretty big consensus within the community that you should be flexible in changing them.
    Which gives you (sadly) some idea that there is a rift between devs and players.

If that's still true once Alpha / Beta hits, that's going to be the first Red Flag for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Not to mention how flagship expansion features that tend to flop since WoD.
    Because these big, all encompassing systems aren't a strength of the WoW team or perhaps even a strength of the genre.
    Like, previous iterations of WoW simply focused on delivering more content and more ways to customize your character (in a rather simple / flexible way i might add).

It's to some extent simply a sign of old age on the game, they can't dump 2-3 new spells onto every class each expansion because that's just going to cause massive issues down the line, but tying them to some form of rental power obviously has also negative consequences.

What's this mean in American?

Why bother with anything? Why take time out of your day to log into a fan website and share you extremely original opinion with the internet? Do you want a cookie?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    good things ? maybe.

changes ? to the better ? hmm. not sure about that.
    i mean, it depends on what „better“ means to you. when better means a corruption-like system and only utility spells added back, or same (or even more) grind in another form, well, then this is not better, for me. but maybe for some others.

i am not sure if SL alpha will make a lot ppl here happy. but we will see.
    Spoiler: If you've already made up your mind that you'll be disappointed, you'll be disappointed. Maybe it's time to find a hobby that isn't a video game that you seemingly dislike but still gladly spend time in your day actively discussing on this forum. ("But I used to like it until THE EVIL DEVS RUINED IT!!!" is not a valid argument. Sometimes you need to understand that games will cater to demographics which no longer include you.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean i reported an issue where you could walk through a wall and get stuck during the BFA beta in Zul'dazar. It was fixed by the next week.