Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    @SkagenRora

I share the same opinion as you I LOVE customization...and this is one kind of customization (passives)
    Not the best kind...but STILL good customization

Anything is possible now in patch 8.3

Watch my Brewmaster Monk (Tank) do the most damage of the entire Alliance team in Arathi Basin because of Corruption
    The sky is the limit

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-04-04 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I can assure you this is 100% serious and my honest opinions.

But i often get these replies when i state my thoughts and opinions on things, I generally don't really understand why people think what i feel is a troll or a joke, But i still feel like sharing my opinions from time to time.
    Don’t be afraid to share your opinions friend. I would rather not have these corrupted items unless we have a system where we can work towards building our own ability without the randomness of different abilities.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's a bit late for april fools threads.

If you want free damage you can always just roll a Demon Hunter. No need to ruin the fun for every other player in the game that wants to press more than one button.
    So as the other guy earlier explained, You guys want the buttons you press to "Mean" something and be controllable? and all this uncontrollable stuff is making the game less fun for you?

Just asking to see if that explonation is correct.

and again i am sorry if this comes off as any thing "bad" or "stupid", I never do make my true feelings known ingame, as i am afraid people will lash out at me like some of you have already, But it is not my intention to "Troll" or "Fool".

For those that do not understand why some people, including myself, do not like the excessive amount of damage being done through passive means of items (Corruption effects specifically.) Is because it takes the power fantasy out of the hands of the player and hands it to the game to generate random proccs. When getting gear, we want our characters damage to increase - Our spells, abilities and power - We do not like our power to come from something we do not have any control of.

I am actually undure whther the op is actually a troll, or just dense.

Hey.

If this patch has taught me any thing is that i love things that do damage for me, I don't care where damage comes from as long as it increases the meter number tbh and if that damage is "Free" on a procc without me having to do any thing, then that's even better.

Please save the "Skill" based gameplay for PvP, and let people in PvE do the same amount of dmg no matter what buttons you press.
    Since you claim to be serious, have you ever thought of playing idle games like Cookie Clicker or Clicker Heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Since you claim to be serious, have you ever thought of playing idle games like Cookie Clicker or Clicker Heroes?
    What the hell is the problem with passive damage increases?
    Isnt item level a passive damage increaase?

Isnt getting gear a passive damage increase?

This is one kind of customziation.
    The best kind (according to some) changes your playstyle BUT you cant have many things in the game doing this or it will be chaos.

Passives are standard stuff for RPG's. I dont see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I prefer PC gaming, and even if those Mobile games can be played on PC, I still prefer the MMORPG genre more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    On Twitter you can just post random opinions like your OP here. There's really nothing to discuss, you just stated "i love things that do damage for me".

The obvious answer to that is "well, ok. cool story bro. I like cheese".
    That's very much more of a tweet than "forum discussion" material.

You should try it
    If people diden't want to discuss the topic, then they woulden't have replied to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I am actually undure whther the op is actually a troll, or just dense.
    Very Dense, at least with this subject, But there has been a few kind people in this thread that have explained it to me, instead of trying to berrate or insult
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-04-04 at 05:26 PM.

Multi-strike was really fun and awesome to see.

I prefer PC gaming, and even if those Mobile games can be played on PC, I still prefer the MMORPG genre more.

- - - Updated - - -

If people diden't want to discuss the topic, then they woulden't have replied to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Very Dense, at least with this subject, But there has been a few kind people in this thread that have explained it to me, instead of trying to derrate or insult
    Derrate?

And the reason people think you are a troll is because of posts like this and others you have made previously.

Such as

I wish they would start selling boxes with Loot in the actual store.

Like the Nya'lotha box we recently had from the Time walking event, or the 445 weapon box from emissary.

Would be good imo.

Just imagine the freedom of not being tied down to a weekly lockout or to the "Will it drop loot for me?" RnG.

These boxes always give loot, So if you buy 10, That's instantly 10 pieces of loot, Something that might've taken weeks to drop from actual raid
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2020-04-04 at 05:18 PM.

So as the other guy earlier explained, You guys want the buttons you press to "Mean" something and be controllable? and all this uncontrollable stuff is making the game less fun for you?

Just asking to see if that explonation is correct.

and again i am sorry if this comes off as any thing "bad" or "stupid", I never do make my true feelings known ingame, as i am afraid people will lash out at me like some of you have already, But it is not my intention to "Troll" or "Fool".
    Generally speaking, I think people enjoy having their damage being tied to abilities and less things like auto attacks, procs, corruption effects etc. because it improves player agency and makes you feel like you're responsible for your moment to moment performance (be it good or bad). Passive RNG effects aren't bad per se and can spice up your gameplay (especially if you have to actually react to these effects) but if it becomes too much (like we've seen in BfA), many players will get bored because they get the feeling that they're just there to press a button every once in a while to proc their passive effects and that their actual knowledge of the game/their class doesn't really matter.

Generally speaking, I think people enjoy having their damage being tied to abilities and less things like auto attacks, procs, corruption effects etc. because it improves player agency and makes you feel like you're responsible for your moment to moment performance (be it good or bad). Passive RNG effects aren't bad per se and can spice up your gameplay (especially if you have to actually react to these effects) but if it becomes too much (like we've seen in BfA), many players will get bored because they get the feeling that they're just there to press a button every once in a while to proc their passive effects and that their actual knowledge of the game/their class doesn't really matter.
    To HELL with "player agency".

Im doing decent damage for the first time in my life (in BfA)...this is the best patch ever (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

Im doing decent damage for the first time in my life (in BfA)...this is the best patch ever (for me)

I mean sure if big numbers is all you're concerned about.

I mean sure if big numbers is all you're concerned about.
    I like to be weird in the RPG's i play.
    I have a "thing" for playing underperforming specs...you know...one of those snowflakes or whatever people call them.

Corruption
    Essences
    Azerites
    Food buffs
    Flask
    Enchants

Everything together is making my Tank do damage for the first time (T_T) its beautiful

You probably dont even understand how "amazing" it is to see a Brewmaster on top of meters...
    You know...we are the least damaging class in the entire game? There is nothing worse than "us" damage wise in PvP.

When i tell you im first in damage meters...this is monumental one for the history books

Berrate?

And the reason people think you are a troll is because of posts like this and others you have made previously.

Such as
    and again i ask.. why do people think that is a troll post, Why are my thoughts and opinions "Wrong", People call them troll/Bait/bad, But very few actully say, why it's bad to have those thoughts

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man. I love you.

I woulden't say "First time in my life" but when i was raiding at end of WoD and up to Nighthold in legion, My damage really did not feel good, and it's just nice to feel decent again.

I like to be weird in the RPG's i play.
    I have a "thing" for playing underperforming specs...you know...one of those snowflakes or whatever people call them.

Corruption
    Essences
    Azerites
    Food buffs
    Flask
    Enchants

Everything together is making my Tank do damage for the first time (T_T) its beautiful

You probably dont even understand how "amazing" it is to see a Brewmaster on top of meters...
    You know...we are the least damaging class in the entire game? There is nothing worse than "us" damage wise in PvP.

When i tell you im first in damage meters...this is monumental one for the history books
    I mean if you want to damage pick a spec that's focused around doing damage.

Not one whose main aim is to mitigate damage taken.

I mean, what content are you playing? if you're not doing any damage unless the gameplay is boiled down to a modicum of skill then you probably shouldn't be pushing for high level rated PvP, high m+ keys or mythic raiding in the first place and surely you have dealt enough damage in previous expansions for the content that is best suited to you.

I mean, what content are you playing? if you're not doing any damage unless the gameplay is boiled down to a modicum of skill then you probably shouldn't be pushing for high level rated PvP, high m+ keys or mythic raiding in the first place and surely you have dealt enough damage in previous expansions for the content that is best suited to you.
    Because i decided to follow the path of the Brewmaster Monk...i went on a journey to see how far i could go with it.
    Previous patches...i was completely demoralized. My face in the dirt...i was literally a piece of crap (even my transmog was brown)

In 8.3 i decided to go on that journey again...i thought "maybe with corruption thigs will be different"

And...my prayers were answered.
    All that is left is pray Blizzard doesnt nerf anything.

I do 2v2 arenas and Random Battlegrounds.

if you're judging the performance of a tank simply by how much damage it's doing, then you're doing it wrong.

Brewmasters have been the goto progression tank for a many tiers.

if you're judging the performance of a tank simply by how much damage it's doing, then you're doing it wrong.

Brewmasters have been the goto progression tank for a many tiers.
    You dont understand how low my damage was...we are talking lower damage than HEALERS here.
    Absolute crap.
    I got shit talked almost in every BG. (i still do today just for being a tank)

But now...i have the numbers on my side.