10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ng-coronavirus

Florida is gonna do what Florida does best.

....christ, I'm not even american
    Churches are essential businesses? Do they really want to go there? Because I'm ALL about all of us going there. Because if they deem themselves Essential Businesses... tax em like a business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    worldometers has added numbers for total tests.

Now it looks even grimmer in some countries.
    To me it primarily confirmed the likely reason for apparent grim situation in many countries.

Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands having so few tests (compared to cases) indicates that they have many undetected cases explaining their apparent high fatality, and the opposite for Switzerland, Luxemburg, and Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    To me it primarily confirmed the likely reason for apparent grim situation in many countries.

Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands having so few tests (compared to cases) indicates that they have many undetected cases explaining their apparent high fatality, and the opposite for Switzerland, Luxemburg, and Norway.
    And Chile. We're (alongside with Urugay) the country that does more tests in Latin America.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post
    Even worse, Covid-19 testing scams are popping up to taking people's money and personal information:
    Pop-up COVID-19 test sites run by known fraudsters in Louisville
    I have heard of these that's on top of the con men selling silver, immune boosters, cures and miracle disinfectants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The hospitalization rate is something like 1-5% of all confirmed cases.
    Oh, it's much higher. New York, for example, has 113k confirmed infected, and 15k hospitalized and 3.6k dead. That's a 3.1% CFR and a 17% hospitalization rate, though there are definitely more among the 113k who are not hospitalized yet but will be.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Oh, it's much higher. New York, for example, has 113k confirmed infected, and 15k hospitalized and 3.6k dead. That's a 3.1% CFR and a 17% hospitalization rate, though there are definitely more among the 113k who are not hospitalized yet but will be.
    The reason this will hit the US worse is we have one of the if not the highest obesity rate in the world meaning a lot of people with underlying conditions known and unknown.

I just looked at New York City's stats.

Not just NYC but all the counties and cities within a close radius to the city (including some New Jersey areas and Connecticut areas) , holy shit.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

The Netherlands has a huge shortage of tests, I assume its the same for other countries with a low amount of tests.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Besides the number of tests, they also count in a different way.
    eg. someone terminally ill who dies from corona won't count as a corona victim in Germany while in Belgium they count every death that has the slightest suspicion it was from corona.

Comparing absolute numbers is just wrong as the numbers are made up differently in each country.

Also counting deaths per capita is not saying everything as countries with a good healthcare systems also have more people like elderly or chronically ill people who will die more easily from corona compared to countries where they wouldn't be alive in the first place.

As a side note to put everything in perspective for the grim situation, in Belgium we had less people dying last few weeks compared to exactly 1 year ago which makes me believes our healthcare system has everything under control and the actions of the government are having effect as also the number of hospitalized people is stabilizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The Netherlands has a huge shortage of tests, I assume its the same for other countries with a low amount of tests.
    Hopefully yes.

And shortage for some part of the testing-chain: you need testing kits, protection for testers, and labs doing the tests with some special chemicals.
    I understand people are trying to work on all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I'm really appalled by all the stealing that's going on in the global "community". oO
    *chuckles* Did you expect anything else?
    Threaten humans and they will start crawling over each other in order to stay in the light, like the primitive animals they are.

15+ Year Old Account

Nice at home version by Lahti symphony orchestra.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Besides the number of tests, they also count in a different way.
    eg. someone terminally ill who dies from corona won't count as a corona victim in Germany while in Belgium they count every death that has the slightest suspicion it was from corona.
    Did you just use Germany as a random example, or do you honestly think that Germany doesn't count corona related victims?
    Because Germany does count everyone who was known to be infected (no matter the cause in the end), what they won't do, is post-mortem tests (i.e. someone has cancer, wasn't tested yet, and died. That would be a 0 for corona, and a 1 for cancer)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-04-04 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And a lot more infected than the 113k confirmed ones.

At least countries are starting with randomized tests anti-body tests so we will have a truer number of number of percentage infected, and for heavily hit countries like Italy and Spain the overall number of deaths (ignoring the stated cause of deaths) will give a good indication.

10+ Year Old Account

Hospitalizations are appearing to level out thanks to a population and government that took it serious.

Remember that Belgium includes all cases that fall under the "suspicion of a corona" as a corona death.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thing is made in Portugal, but it was the Aussies that discovered its efects against Covid-19

https://rr.sapo.pt/2020/04/04/pais/m...oticia/188031/
    Google translated
    Ivermectine is a deworming agent produced by the Portuguese pharmaceutical company Hovione and is showing effectiveness against the new coronavirus in tests carried out in Australia. It is with caution that Marco Gil, commercial director of the brand, receives the news of another study, this time Australian, which investigates a drug that can be effective in combating Covid-19.

The drug in question is an old acquaintance of Portuguese pharmaceuticals. This is Ivermectin, a deworming agent used since the 1980s to combat various diseases such as river blindness and a large part of the world's production is made by Hovione.

Speaking to the Renaissance, Marco Gil recalls all this baggage that Ivermectin has and which, in fact, has already won the Nobel Prize for two researchers for its application in Africa, saving thousands of people.

The commercial director of Hovione recalls that, "at this moment, phase three studies have to be carried out - already in patients - and the therapeutic dose will have to be discovered, in order to determine if, in fact, that dose is within the limits of toxicity with which this product can be used ", but recognizes that the fact of knowing the molecule for decades" speeds up the process ".

This official points to "about six to nine months" the result of an eventual effectiveness of Ivermectine in combating the new coronavirus.

The study is available on the Monash University website in Australia and concludes that Ivermectine is effective with a single treatment and visible results within 48 hours. But we are still talking about experiments so far in cell cultures in the laboratory (in vitro) and not tests in humans (in vivo).

This Saturday Portugal records 266 deaths associated with covid-19, 20 more than on Friday, and 10,524 infected (638 more), according to the epidemiological bulletin released by the Directorate-General for Health (DGS).

The new coronavirus, responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic, has already infected more than one million people worldwide, of whom more than 59,000 died. There are still to register more than 229 people recovered.

10+ Year Old Account
    So something else interesting, i am as sceptical as they come but still i would like to see Wim Hoffs blood tested in the light of the results from Ebola, it's a long shot but he is an unique specimen when it comes to human immune systems. Some points before it is written off as complete fringe sciences. He does not claim to be able to counter it and especially not in an advanced stage or that traditional medicine should be ignored.

I will admit to being biased as i am one of those who believe medicine should be a marriage between eastern and western.

Anyhow if you have time to hear some interesting notions but with still quite a bit of rambling in between.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    snip

Nice at home version by Lahti symphony orchestra.
    If you're interested in classical music or operas, on staatsoperlive.com you can subscribe for free and watch performances from the vienna state opera on stream for as long as this crisis lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    As a side note to put everything in perspective for the grim situation, in Belgium we had less people dying last few weeks compared to exactly 1 year ago which makes me believes our healthcare system has everything under control and the actions of the government are having effect as also the number of hospitalized people is stabilizing.
    Including last week?

Normally Belgium should have on average 2k dying per week (100k deaths per year is about 1% of population).
    Last week there were >1k dying in covid-19 in Belgium, before that there were about 0.2k in total.

Obviously it could be that the restrictions have reduced other causes of deaths, and that last year had a bad flu season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So something else interesting, i am as sceptical as they come but still i would like to see Wim Hoffs blood tested in the light of the results from Ebola, it's a long shot but he is an unique specimen when it comes to human immune systems. Some points before it is written off as complete fringe sciences. He does not claim to be able to counter it and especially not in an advanced stage or that traditional medicine should be ignored.

I will admit to being biased as i am one of those who believe medicine should be a marriage between eastern and western.

Anyhow if you have time to hear some interesting notions but with still quite a bit of rambling in between.

Russell Brand has lost his final few marbles he had left during the coronavirus epidemic. He is like the male Jenny McCarthy nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    If you're interested in classical music or operas, on staatsoperlive.com you can subscribe for free and watch performances from the vienna state opera on stream for as long as this crisis lasts.
    Ooh nice. High quality opera performances aren't that much available online in video format!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.