Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    >>> We need a pause-button. <<<

- Button only appears for the partyleader when there are less then 4 players in the party.
    - Button is only useable out of combat.
    - When pressed all players and npc's are frozen in place.
    - When a new player enters the instance they start at the partyleader and is also frozen.
    - Partylead presses button again to continue.
    Like that won't be abused.

I don't do m+ often and I try to stick it out if I can. Today. On a +6. The tank and key holder shot off and went straight to Dino boss. Yeah, sure that's what you do. Except you wait till everyone's there and then jump down. Not this guy. Ok, healer a bit unprepared and we wipe. I have a bit of a lol, cause who cares. I'm bored. Tank leaves. Oh well.

Maybe that guy should be punished. The guy that left the rogue doing 9k? I don't think he should be punished. I think he should be congratulated. When you enter a pug, you are entering on the assumption that players are at least credible. In my case I would be judged to have acted in good faith IF I had left. The one who fucked up leaving? No. That's toxic. You fucked up, do better next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I don't do m+ often and I try to stick it out if I can. Today. On a +6. The tank and key holder shot off and went straight to Dino boss. Yeah, sure that's what you do. Except you wait till everyone's there and then jump down. Not this guy. Ok, healer a bit unprepared and we wipe. I have a bit of a lol, cause who cares. I'm bored. Tank leaves. Oh well.
    You do know that the reason for jumping down right away is that the boss is in a perfect position for a pull, go any other time and you probably have to wait for or run after it. Also, there was a timer literally 5s before the jump so everyone should be ready. I probably wouldn't have left but a +6 isn't the place to learn a dungeon, do that in +2 and be prepared when going into higher keys. Especially in AD if you see people don't know what to do on the first boss there is a high chance totems heal up like 5 times on the second and half your group dies to spiders on the last. Gonna be a shitshow, so learn it at +2 please

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Agreed. But for the people who make groups like that, they're just making the big brain play and hoping to scumbag IO so they can continue to get into groups they have no business being in. It's more a flaw with IO than anything else, people have been doing this since the beginning of time... there's just an API to help make it happen now.
    it must be very hard saying , need help with boosting friend or chill run

Been having an easier time lately, only a few people have left mid-run and they were the "idiot of the group", no interrupts, low damage, constant deaths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not subbed now, during Legion and bit of BFA, i had a M+ leaver ONCE, i dont get it how this is such a huge problem. But then again i mostly either did full guild runs or we did boost runs.

If you experience lots of "leavers" either ur a bad judge of character, inspect ppl before u start, if they got un-enchanted/gemmed gear they are prolly gonna give that same kind of effort into their dps/healing/tanking as they did progressing their gear.

Or just get out of the mindset that the game is a singleplayer game and JOIN A GUILD, MAKE FRIENDS, its not that hard. Even a mediocre group of people should be fine clearing keys they get their hands on.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormvind View Post
    What is there to talk about?
    elitist thinking without communicating is a real dick move. you can always talk with your buddy about some scrubs and say that they are soo bad and they suck and oh my god look what he did now. but when it comes to teach them stuff, you always walk away without any notice? that is just fiendish and toxic behaviour.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

I just got a leaver tank in a +15 KR this afternoon. Everything was perfectly smooth up until the gauntlet. As a rdrood I mistimed my typhoon and pushed back the dude with the channeled storm AoE one second before he started casting. The tank immediately typed "healer you're trolling right" and went offline. That's the biggest ????? move I've seen since I started playing M+. So much fucking ego for a mistake without any consequence (noone died).

>>> We need a pause-button. <<<

- Button only appears for the partyleader when there are less then 4 players in the party.
    - Button is only useable out of combat.
    - When pressed all players and npc's are frozen in place.
    - When a new player enters the instance they start at the partyleader and is also frozen.
    - Partylead presses button again to continue.
    WTS AD+20, last boss, 4 min on timer, 130k pst

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    WTS AD+20, last boss, 4 min on timer, 130k pst
    I know this can happen, any suggestion how to prevent it?

I know this can happen, any suggestion how to prevent it?
    Yeah, don't implement a pause button.

9 times out of 10, someone leaves my m+ pugs only *after* someone else in the group criticizes others in the group. I have successfully been able to counter this with a quick polite whisper to all 4 members something like "please dont get mad, people will leave and wreck my key." That whisper to everyone actually boosts morale right back up again.

Remember, a lot about pugging successfully is having good social skills and getting the group turned around from in-fighting to killing mobs as a team.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I just got a leaver tank in a +15 KR this afternoon. Everything was perfectly smooth up until the gauntlet. As a rdrood I mistimed my typhoon and pushed back the dude with the channeled storm AoE one second before he started casting. The tank immediately typed "healer you're trolling right" and went offline. That's the biggest ????? move I've seen since I started playing M+. So much fucking ego for a mistake without any consequence (noone died).
    Well you do meet assholes like that, but you were still early into dungeon and if that tank got annoyed by such minor thing, your chances of getting through bridge were nonexistent. So maybe you got off easy this time round.

There are good tanks out there, you just need to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    In a +15, the chances are tank did not even understand why typhoon is helpful on this pack and thought you are actually trolling.

Same as if you jump into the water pool on third Shrine boss to remove the Mindbender in a low key. I had some groups where 3-4 other party members looked at me do that and all typed their "wtfs" or "????".

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    In a +15, the chances are tank did not even understand why typhoon is helpful on this pack and thought you are actually trolling.

Same as if you jump into the water pool on third Shrine boss to remove the Mindbender in a low key. I had some groups where 3-4 other party members looked at me do that and all typed their "wtfs" or "????".
    Honestly I don't know what the tank expected because he said nothing beforehand (like "typhoon when he channels"). I watch a lot of streams from high M+ players so I know the dungeons and I see what is the correct play in theory (even if I'm too bad to put that into practice). But some plays/reactions are real headscratchers sometimes. And I experienced the same thing in Shrine, fun times Pugging my way to every +15 in time is quite interesting. I never know what is going to happen in a 5 minutes timeframe.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-04-06 at 11:19 PM.

If the tank was a BDK, he could have handled all the casts with deathgrip. But that's not a valid reason for leaving... Maybe he was annoyed by something earlier in dungeon, such as low dps or low healing on first packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    If the tank was a BDK, he could have handled all the casts with deathgrip. But that's not a valid reason for leaving... Maybe he was annoyed by something earlier in dungeon, such as low dps or low healing on first packs.
    No one had died (or were close to dying) yet, I tend to overheal and be extra cautious with grievous. Dps was perfectly fine too. Because tanks are so scarce I feel like some of them act like divas.

Toxic is being in a +15 key and being that bad at the game. You're pretty much griefing by being that bad.
    If you were griefing, you would name your guild <Sorry About Your Key>
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

One thing I find interesting is observing how people deal with 'problems' like bad players in dungeons.

Example. Got into a Temple 17 yesterday - group looks pretty solid, everyone is ~2100-2200 (healer who was leader 2500) with multiple 15s timed, Temple isn't really that bad so it looks good. It's going good and we get to second boss with maybe 10 mins on the timer (so 26 mins left) so we are way on track to time this but the healer and dps warrior decides to call out the DH for doing low dps. He's doing about 40k overall and is closer to the tank than to me and the DPS warrior, so there's definitely some valid criticism there. However, as someone who can see further than actions and see the fallout from them, I know what's gonna happen before it happens and that is the DH leaves the group, we're now a 4-man and things go pretty much like expected and the other dps warrior "DCs" just before third boss after some struggling with the trash.

The way the healer acted just baffles me. Sure it's his key, but we were doing perfectly fine and on track to time it - he would have gotten a 18 key out of it, but he decides to call this guy out which means we all wasted 20 minutes of our time and healer now has a 16 key instead. If the key was going bad and we were looking on track to deplete it, then I would definitely have more understanding for how things went. We could just have finished it and he could have spoken up against that DH after the run...

I can get more keys. I leave my own keys too if people are being bad. I'm not going to boost them. If they want to do +15 they should perform as you should in a +15 or I'm leaving even if it's my own key.
    To me it just seems like such a weird logic. Like your goal is to get a +18 key, you're in your +17 which is easy on time but because 1 dps is doing low dps you throw that key so that you wasted 30 minutes so that you get a +16 key instead which you most likely have to do at least another 2 keys to get a +18 - assuming you find 2 perfect groups with nobody who is bad because then ofc you have to leave again out of principle.

I mean I'm unemployed and sometimes spend 10 hours on the game in a day but even I would consider it a waste of my time to not just finish that 17 and instead spend an extra 2 hours to deplete - work the key back up again.

Why would I boost them?

The only reason they could get to the score I'd invite them is because others have been stupid enough to boost them. I won't contribute to that. They're not going to get a boost from any run I'm in.
    You're the hero we need. If someone hasn't already given you a medal, I hope someone does.