Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I hope people are ready for ability pruning during this unpruning process too.
    People seem to think unpruning is universally good... the examples at Blizzcon just seemed to bring back more problems then it actually solves.

Resto Druid already has one of the best m+ utilities, yet they get two more CCs back with unpruning.
    Disc Priests with atonement healing will be extremely complex with Mind Blast and SW: Death, that's assuming they even proc it. If not, who cares about them.
    Rogue's getting poison back won't really change gameplay, but at least Outlaw definately needed the AoE slow back...

Aside of going a step back in the imbalancement in the utility/mobility department, unpruning won't fix any of the fundamental gameplay/rotation issues of many specs.

Once they take away abilities from talents and make them baseline, AZERITE ARMOR traits will replace them in the talent tree.

/sad
    What else would they do? Actually come up with new stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Wait, what? They are removing talents?
    Hopefully some class abilities that were originally base abilities and turned into talents later will be returned to the classes without having to spec into them, for example Shadow Word: Death for Shadow Priest. In the event that this happens, there will need to be new talents to replace these.

Personally I'd be okay with some Azerite traits becoming talents but others would be very boring. For example Chorus of Insanity would be fun, and putting it on the line with Lingering Insanity would force a choice between a haste heavy or crit heavy build which could make for interesting choices and changes based on your stat weights and other things like the new legendary system perhaps providing some Corruption-like effects like increased haste or crit values. But then some things like Blaster Master on my Fire Mage would be very dull and boring. Furious Gaze on my Demon Hunter for a strong haste buff after Eye Beam? Fun. Wracking Brilliance for my Warlock? Pretty boring.

It really just depends on which ones they pick and choose and which classes get them. Some are fun effects and some will be very boring to have as a talent option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I would love it if they kept (and buffed) the Power of the Moon trait for boomkins. Moonfire spam spec should be a thing. I remember running mythic+ at the beggining of the expansion with 3 PotM. You just had to hit 1 button, it actually felt good
    End of Legion, 2 target rotation with 7/7 Twilight Glow, Lady and the Child + Radiant Moonlight legendaries... Just spam moonfire and keep starfall up. That was my jam.

I've got nothing against Test of Might or Executioners Precision.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    This morning while discussing this topic it hit me.

Once they take away abilities from talents and make them baseline, AZERITE ARMOR traits will replace them in the talent tree.

/sad
    They need to give us brand new abilities

They cannot expect people to just be happy with all the stuff that is like taking away a children’s shoes or toys and then giving them back later for Christmas yeah it’s nice to have old stuff back but we need something new

I want blizzard to have fun again take chances again do crazy shit again they can do it we know they can do it we know it can work

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Personally I'd be okay with some Azerite traits becoming talents but others would be very boring. For example Chorus of Insanity would be fun, and putting it on the line with Lingering Insanity would force a choice between a haste heavy or crit heavy build
    There's nothing fun about Chorus. Lingering Insanity at least speeds up gameplay. At the same time, both of these talents are huge rampup, definately something that should be killed, not be kept around in various forms on a single talent tier (and SW: Death currently is on a different tier anyways). I'd also argue a choice based on statweights is never interesting.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2020-04-05 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is of course because Blizzard doesn't want to listen to their genius playerbase, not because the feedback is largely crap.
    ye, that's why after they delete the feedback they say that there was none.. feedback about stuff players later complained that it's shit or broken

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope not. I'd like talents to be spec neutral again and focus mostly on utility, like in MoP. Let specs be rotationally fleshed out as a baseline.

/sad
    EVERY design, regardless how done, that brings a overall well rounded class concept baseline, IS good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I hope people are ready for ability pruning during this unpruning process too.

Oh, what, you thought it was just gonna be unpruning? They literally said they want to move away from specializations being so distinct and turning it into one big class again. What's this actually mean? It means that all the unique rotational abilities a lot of the specs have will be deleted in favor of a shared rotation for the entire class in a lot of cases.
    that is not true at all, they literally gave examples, like how all classes could cast frost and firebolt, each having theor own uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I hope to keep arcanic pulsar in some way... just makes moonkin more fun

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    yeah it's the end of the earth

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I hope to keep arcanic pulsar in some way... just makes moonkin more fun
    If it stays, it'll be just like MoonMoon: undertuned talent you shouldn't take in any circumstances.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

/sad
    not all the azerite abilities are shit. I am actually hoping that they remove essences and maybe add those in to the talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    What else would they do? Actually come up with new stuff?
    "Waah, why are you giving us all this new crap! Just give us back all the old stuff we think we love!"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I wouldn't mind a couple of the blood dk traits to be talents in Shadowlands, granted most Blood dks specific traits are lackluster, a couple of them are good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't like that. Majority of azerite traits are super basic, pick and forget type stuff with few exceptions. "Do more damage when you do xyz thing you were already doing." Want talents to move away from that. DPS classes desperately need more skill expression.

A lot of talent rows already have abilities which would boost the skill cap, but they're balanced so poorly that they're a dps loss over the easy mode talents. The talents that take the most skill to use should always grant the biggest dps increase.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-04-06 at 12:00 AM.

I wanna see how they are planning this stuff, but if they are keeping fire mages as they are and NOT bake in Flame On and the passive effect of Memory of Lucid Dream into their core, I am going to throw a fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Wait, what? They are removing talents?
    We know nothin yet except that we get some abilities for all specs like fireball for frostmage, or raise dead for all dk's. OP just pulls shit out of his ass.

I wouldnt mind seeing some azerite as talents tho.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We know nothin yet except that we get some abilities for all specs like fireball for frostmage, or raise dead for all dk's. OP just pulls shit out of his ass.

I wouldnt mind seeing some azerite as talents tho.
    hunter's mark, pally auras, consecration, SW: death, shiv, ursol's vortex, cyclone, summon gargoyle, anti-magic zone, hammer of wrath, curse of weakness, curse of tongues, and demonic circle are all talents/honor talents that are getting unpruned and will need a replacement in the talent tree.