Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yes, but also no. They are incredibly important to world in regards to electronics and a pretty big market, so they do have a pull, just not oficially.
    Yeah it is often forgotten as most of their factories are on the mainland, but Foxconn is a taiwanese company for example.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    By "peak week" I mean a week in which we're going to see a spike in cases. I said last week that I expect that to happen this week and 3 weeks from now based off of public behavior. The trend was down for a few days, but yesterday it went wayyyy back up again.

I think most metrics are going to be problematic given that most of the people who have it either won't get tested or won't know it, but the fact that the number of confirmed skyrocketed while--to my knowledge--they aren't ramping up testing that much here tells me the hospitals got slammed yesterday.
    Government quadrupled the testing capacity so that might be an explanation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, Trump is calling OPEC a cartel, two days after he said USA+Russia+Saudi Arabia agreed to lower the oil production to push up the price.

Who's the cartel here?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Dude took the sample WHILE HIGH? Bruh...
    That would compel someone too I suppose, just you know, in the more not safe direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    The fucking "voluntary" mask "recommendation" was my breaking point I think, I'm not sure I can listen to anymore of it. Like, that address will result in more people dying than needed if he had just took a leadership role backup the recommendation and wear a fucking mask. Its HIS fucking voters he'd be saving.
    Voting is not based on the overall number of people voting for him, that's why he doesn't care much about states not being important to him in the first place and why he wants to block voting through mail. Any expat american looking from the outside in is not going to vote for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also people interested in number tracking, take note that the weekend is always slower when it comes to reporting that's why today we should see another bump in most places.

My employer is speaking of opening back up on the 20th in the netherlands and just wants to take the temperature of people at the entrance. Great way to get more people infected again in this whole border region as taking temperature does absolutely nothing. Think if that's the case plenty of us should simply take a stroll in the direction offices daily.

Rumors are that our government might enact a curfew during Easter...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

15+ Year Old Account
    More deaths in NYC from covid than 9/11.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Lol, Trump is calling OPEC a cartel, two days after he said USA+Russia+Saudi Arabia agreed to lower the oil production to push up the price.

Who's the cartel here?
    Well for once he's not wrong, by definition they are (in fact they are the example used on the wiki page). He just omitted that he is also in a cartel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So a W.H.O. didnt pass Taiwan virus info with other countrys:
    Time to get pitchforks. They had 21 days to stop the virus.
    How is all this going under radar is beyond me. What about the new tune change of how " guys masks don't help you, don't hoard them " "guys go get masks if you wanna live".
    "Guys theres no need to close borders or traffic" - "Guys you listen to us and now you are fucked"
    "Guys we are obedient slaves to the CCP and our only mission is to further China's goals during this pandemic"

Nanobots would easily destroy this virus...if they were real.

The nano-swarm gets a sample of the virus, enters an infected body, targets the viral cells, and proceeds to disassemble them like a starving shark devouring an injured, bloodied whale (ie, not a pretty sight).

Covid-19 cannot infect inorganic matter, so they'd be the literal-perfect defenders.

If they were real, that is, they could save many lives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Dude took the sample WHILE HIGH? Bruh...
    Yeah, as if you'd do it sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

The nano-swarm gets a sample of the virus, enters an infected body, targets the viral cells, and proceeds to disassemble them like a starving shark devouring an injured, bloodied whale (ie, not a pretty sight).

Covid-19 cannot infect inorganic matter, so they'd be the literal-perfect defenders.

... Wow so smart. Lots of things that aren't real yet or otherwise could help with this pandemic.

Should we start making a list?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Who's the cartel here?
    Trump uses words he knows are bad or paint someone as bad, but he doesn't know what the words mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Fairy dust would pwn them too. If it were real! What kind of people crawl out of the woodwork here to post this drivel?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Rumors are that our government might enact a curfew during Easter...
    Really? Several countries in Europe are beginning to talk about a return to normality soon after Easter. So on an optimistic note...

Europe prepares to ease coronavirus lockdowns

France, Spain, Belgium and Finland are among many countries that have set up expert committees to examine a gradual easing of stay-at-home orders for some businesses and schools.

Angelo Borrelli, head of Italy’s Civil Protection Agency :- Tentative date 16th May
    PM Frederiksen for Denmark :- End of April ish
    A German IFO report calls for the immediate quarantine of old people and to re-open the schools.
    Sánchez for Spain :- now banned non essential work to be permitted after Easter

https://www.ft.com/content/1fa5ae87-...5-58d2077b8d95
    Unless all the young not at risk healthy people get back to work, as the Germans suggest, and start paying for it again there won't be a health service left to save the old, sick and vulnerable people.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    28 dead so far. 997 infected. Some areas were hit harder than others and some have 0 reports of virus.

Also i slaped mysef into a head when i heared a person on national TV say that Virus is alive.
    It's scientifically inaccurate, but I'll take 'alive' over trying to explain the difference to the broad public

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is the second article I've seen where COVID-19 is confirmed to jump species (the first was about a housecat catching COVID-19). @PhaelixWW - how worried should be we about species jumping and mutation?

Does it matter that it's only cats? (is it only cats - checking)
    I'm not a virologist, but since the news that cats can get it is weeks old, not at all. Otherwise virologist would already call for culling felines.

So far we've seen it in animals whose closest relation is that they are all mammals. That's a really broad variety of hosts.

So would the Wiggenweld Potion from Harry Potter, so what is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Really? Several countries in Europe are beginning to talk about a return to normality soon after Easter. So on an optimistic note...

Unless all the young not at risk healthy people get back to work, as the Germans suggest, and start paying for it again there won't be a health service left to save the old, sick and vulnerable people.
    While parties and businesses are pushing for renormalization, government is concerned that relaxing too soon would have disastrous effects :

Easter curfew could be considered

SONNTAGSZEITUNG: A quick exit from the current situation is not realistic, said Minister of Health Alain Berset in an interview with the SonntagsZeitung. The Federal Council will discuss the possibilities of breaking out of confinement on Wednesday, but a decision on the subject is not yet on the agenda. “For the moment, it seems illusory to think that we will be able to make a lot of changes by April 20,” said the Fribourgeois. “Only when the number of infected people and hospital admissions has clearly decreased will we be able to consider relaxing the rules,” he added. Experience has shown that if the easing comes too early, it prolongs the crisis. If the discipline of the population decreases, the Federal Councilor does not rule out the use of even more severe measures, until a curfew at Easter.
    Given that its been three weeks since we started enacting major measures (closing of schools), that we haven't seen yet the peak of the curve, that Army, Civil Protection and Civil Service have been mobilized for three months minimally, and that Wuhan is just now being opened after two months of full lockdown, their new normal being more like the partial lock outs we are seeing in Europe, I think we are far from done with the current situation...

Its probably time for our lands to see the following fashion making a come-back :

Lately I've grown more and more envisioning this as a modern interpretation, complete with medication dispenser and integrated breathing assistance :

[IMG]Darth Vader Cosplay[/IMG]
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2020-04-06 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Soon after easter is the "End of April-ish" and "Tentative date 16 May"? Easter is 12 April.

Are you even putting any effort into this? Or do you just have a very liberal interpretation of the word "soon"?

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so over here we are starting to stabilize somewhat. The rise in cases starts flattening out, we will do complete lockdown during first 2 days of our Easter. Overall the restrictions and lockdown measures helped a lot, it seems.

We also no longer have shortage of masks, you can buy surgical and N95 masks in specific supermarkets/convenience stores and everyone is ordered to wear at least some kind of mask. N95 ones are still overly expensive about 15 bucks for one, but other kinds are cheap as dirt.

Currently there are concentrated efforts to combat the idiocy of our religious nuts who managed to bag a shitton of cases in both cities populated by them. One such city got a complete full lockdown already - nobody allowed to go out and in and police with a help of the soldiers try to enforce this and another has some parts of it limited.

Our healthcare guys managed to keep deaths low so far - only 51 deaths so far total.

This is the data for ventilated patients total out of our capacity of 2864.

There is a talk about starting to relax restrictions after the Easter.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-04-06 at 10:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Soon after easter is the "End of April-ish" and "Tentative date 16 May"? Easter is 12 April.

Are you even putting any effort into this? Or do you just have a very liberal interpretation of the word "soon"?
    Well soon is longer than immediately but not months or years, is that OK? I'm hoping that once one or two EU countries re-open there will be a domino effect on everyone else under pressure to re-boot their economy.

Bearing in mind everyone in the global economy, if there is one left after this, is a competitor and the first country out of the virus starting blocks has a huge advantage. A good example is China beginning to normalise as the USA appears to be shutting down. One of those will be very worried, it won't be China.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"