Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Personal loot makes loot distribution terrible hassle to handle. Master Loot was simple and straightforward system.
    Except when it lead to ninja looting, resentment around favoritism, precieved or otherwise. And made split excessively efficient for bleeding edge raiding guilds.

Personal loot is the simple and straightforward system. Either you get something, or you don't. If you get something and you don't need it then you can trade it. The problem you have seems more rooted in how the game decides what you do or don't need. Which is a change that could be made without having to return to ML.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    At last, tomorrow brothers, we will see our glorious Wildhammer Dwarves... finally.
    Funny how the date shifts every time.. let me guess? tomorrow it'll be "yea but because of corona it had to change!"

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Funny how the date shifts every time.. let me guess? tomorrow it'll be "yea but because of corona it had to change!"
    It can always change, of course. And if it does then it would almost certainly be because of Covid-19. That does not mean that our glorious Birb would be wrong. He has declared Monday the day, barring any unforeseen consequences.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Except when it lead to ninja looting, resentment around favoritism, precieved or otherwise. And made split excessively efficient for bleeding edge raiding guilds.

Personal loot is the simple and straightforward system. Either you get something, or you don't. If you get something and you don't need it then you can trade it. The problem you have seems more rooted in how the game decides what you do or don't need. Which is a change that could be made without having to return to ML.
    And all that wasted loot you don't need and can't trade. And then there is the loot you need and have to trade away anyways, resulting in overall worse system than ML.

Man, if nothing happens, people will be extremely disappointed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Anyone doubting that exactly this is going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    One does not simply disregard Birb's word.

I'll be shocked if Alpha happens before Easter.

Sure they might want to open it today, but there are thousand things that will blow up now that they're trying to fo it remotely.

Music is always the last thing they add in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    In the past this was true. But in the Battle for Azeroth alpha, lots of music was added right away. Check the dates on YouTube.
    Music is usually added in bits and pieces and then typically in a later build there's a large drop of it. As far as I remember, most alpha/betas have a handful of tracks in when they first go live, as well as often the title theme (login screen music) even if there's no updated login screen yet.

A timeless classic, surprised people keep wondering why Blizzard don't talk about their plans/timetables more officially.

One does not simply disregard Birb's word.
    You're taking something happening tonight as fact. You probably shouldn't do that. It's just the plan and plans can fall through. Hold on with hyping until we actually start seeing activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    You're taking something happening tonight as fact. You probably shouldn't do that.
    MMO-C Hype Threads in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    A timeless classic, surprised people keep wondering why Blizzard don't talk about their plans/timetables more officially.
    Yup.
    A lot of rage inbound.

I am past the point of mad. I am at the point where I almost hope the Alpha takes even longer to come out, just for the sheer meme of it.

I am past the point of mad. I am at the point where I almost hope the Alpha takes even longer to come out, just for the sheer meme of it.
    Agh but the rumblings!

Yup.
    A lot of rage inbound.
    Useless rage without an actual reason, if so. Easily ignored. If people get upset over something like that they should probably take a good look at themselves and their life. Technical issues tend to happen whenever they can. Murphy's law.

Agh but the rumblings!
    Monday... I.. I can feel it in me rumblings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Week 4: "Alliance and Horde can group together".
    Amen brother! Amen...

7+ Year Old Account
    Personal loot makes loot distribution terrible hassle to handle. Master Loot was simple and straightforward system.
    What? It's completely other way around. With ML you had peeps installing mandatory loot addons, prepping their BiS lists (and hoping they don't fk em up), having Master Looter stay at the corpse for prolonged times etc. With personal you kill boss, loot corpse and move on to other while peeps put few not needed items to a roll.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-06 at 10:57 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What? It's completely other way around. With ML you had peeps installing mandatory loot addons, prepping their BiS lists, having Master Looter stay at the corpse for prolonged times etc. With personal you kill boss, loot corpse and move on to other while peeps put few not needed items to a roll.
    People still use addons like RC_Loot Council for personal loot direction.
    Multiple Mythic guilds I've been in do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    People still use addons like RC_Loot Council for personal loot direction.
    Multiple Mythic guilds I've been in do it.
    Even if, there is still much less hassle with personal.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.